time-frames

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by Penny, May 2, 2007.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I'm just curious, for those of you who are psychic here... or those of you who know... what's the deal with time-frames in a prediction?

When a prediction's made, and you're expecting within a certain given time-frame and it doesn't occur... what's wrong? Yes the psychic in question could mess-up but what if they don't usually ever mess up? And how do they determine their time-frames?

This happened to my parents... a psychic told them they were gonna move out of Spain to go back to France within 6 months and it happened within a year.

I don't think that's okay, why wouldn't the psychic tell them it would take 6 months to a year then?

I don't know what I think about psychics anymore... some have amazed me, some have disappointed me... some were right on target, some weren't... so my thoughts are mixed.

2. LJDV

LJDV Member

I think that when a psychic gives you a time-frame, they don't know what they're talking about. I am a psychic and when I know something's going to happen, I don't really know the exact timing of it. Although I don't usually see that far that it would really matter.

3. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

If there were such a thing as "standard" psychic abilities, there wouldn't be issues like this, but of course it ain't so. And we need to acknowledge the fact that some so-called psychics just aren't.

Personality and personal decisions come into play, also. I had a psychic friend years ago who told another friend of hers that his wife was going to die soon. She was right, but is this something you really want to tell somebody? Somebody might see an event in your life some months off, and they make a decision to say how many months, even if they're not sure. Bad judgment? Yeah, maybe they should have been more honest, but maybe they were afraid you wouldn't respect their ability as much if they hedged, so they showed more confidence than they should have.

Usually what I see is trends, rather than specific events. If I do see something specific happening, which isn't often, it's generally something that's going to happen very soon or is already in progress. One time I knew that a specific spot on a stairway was a danger area for my wife. I warned her to be very careful on that stairway, but I didn't know when the danger was iminent. A couple weeks later she tripped at that part of the stairway and broke an ankle. (A fat lot of good my psychic sense did anybody.)

I went to a psychic about a year and a half ago who told me my income would rise over the following year and then level off around August. It was more like July. So he was off by a month--should I report him to the Better Business Bureau? I think the bottom line is that psychic sense isn't an exact science. If you find a psychic who tends to get things right quite a bit, I think you need to take what they can give you and make allowances for time frames--unless you're lucky enough to find one who even gets the time frames exactly right.

And for yourself, you simply need to use your own judgment and sense of ethics in your predictions for other people, regardless of what other psychics do.

4. ElectronauT

ElectronauT Member

Psychic shouldn't be a word. It's nothing. Go watch Penn&Teller [​IMG]

...... IMHO. Not trying to start anything against you psychics, init.

5. zengizmo

Whatever. IMHO, you might as well say "pizza is nothing." Or "Penn&Teller are nothing." Etc...:tongue:

6. psychedelic goddess

psychedelic goddess ♥Messenger of Love♥

time is but a human construct - when we tune in for info, we get glimpses of events, feelings, energies, etc., but predicting the timing of it can be the hardest part

we receive this info from the spiritual/divine realm - spirit has little or no concept of time, so yes, when predicting the "when" of an event, a psychic can sometimes be a little off base with that tidbit of information

we also have to realize that cause and effect play a heavy role in how our realities unfold - did it happen earlier than predicted? then things fell into place earlier than anticipated.....did it happen later? then someone took a while to get off their asses and play their part in the cosmic role of things

sometimes, events predicted do not come to pass in this reality at all - when we tune into the "future" (all time is now!), we are simply looking at a myriad of alternate reality threads out there....the predicted event most likely occured, just not in this dimensional reality

7. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

that would kinda suck if everything that psychic have predicted for me happened or is happening or will happen in a different reality... kinda makes me hopeless... me, and my family!

I hope it's just a matter of being of-base with the timing... and not just seeing things happening in an alternate reality - I mean then what's the point of being a psychic, anybody could make predictions randomly and claim to be a truly gifted psychic, and give the alternate reality as an excuse...

8. ElectronauT

ElectronauT Member

Hehe, touche.[​IMG]

I was always curious of psychics and psychic abilities, leaning on the side of them being fake, moreso. P&T just showed me I was right...

.....IMHO.. of course. Can't forget that.

And the fact many psychics are completely wrong and make shit up about people through their appearance, mannerisms etc. I found out my brother saw one the other day and he was so amazed and explained it all to me. What she said was all so damn vague, giving him the chance to apply it to his problems, whatever they may be.

9. zengizmo

There is no doubt that the idea of psychic "stuff" is a bituva sticky wicket, Electro. The difficulty is that there ARE those who can intuit a person's personality and feed them lines that keep them on the hook...which is an ability that in some ways borders on psychic. However the explosion of phonies (and I have encountered some myself) obscures the existence of genuine psychics...

How is it that I knew that a particular place on a particular stairway was a danger to my wife? I told her once, as we were passing that spot on these stairs together: "You need to be very careful walking down these stairs here." A couple weeks later she tripped at that exact spot and broke her ankle. Coincidence? Why then did I feel so strongly about this? I didn't feel this way about any other place on the stairs or any other location, period. I haven't felt this way about any stairway or other location since this happened.

And this is just one example.

How interested are you? I could get into this some more, if you like...

;)

10. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Also remaining on the time-frames topic (please) I find it strange that several psychics predicted stuff to occur to me all around the same time, and obviously those psychics didn't know each other or anything... and this stuff didn't occur at the time they had all predicted it... however 3 random psychics predicted the same things, however within completement different time-frames. I wonder why and how... and what to believe.

11. ElectronauT

ElectronauT Member

Nah, I'm fine... but thankyou![​IMG]

12. zengizmo

Penny dear, you would like to put all the facts into an Excel spreadsheet and have the formulas spit out the bottom line for you. It just isn't that neat and clean. Please relax...the universe has more variables than human minds can grasp. Someday we might have an inkling of understanding, but for now we take what comes, and just let it take its course.

Please do relax. I think you and I have some things in common--I was trained as a scientist, and I see the same strong urge in you to put phenomena into predictable boxes...I know next to nothing, however one thing I have learned is: The universe is quite capable...and quite eager...to foil our compulsive attempts to divvy its components into neat boxes. The irony is that if you can relax and accept the uncertainty--truly, truly accept it--it will give way to understanding.

I don't mean to give the impression that I have mastered this principle--I fight it every inch of the way. But I am slowly, slowly grasping this truth, and this insight is my gift to you. Accept it or trash it--it's entirely your choice.

Blessings. :)