Time for military action against Brazil to save the Amazon rain forest ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Sep 4, 2019.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I say the world asks them nicely but then if the destruction is not halted we start taking out the bridges on the roads the logging trucks use to get into the pristine areas. Be nice and send a warning the missiles are coming so clear people out of the area.

upload_2019-9-5_0-10-27.jpeg

[​IMG]

upload_2019-9-5_0-15-13.jpeg

"Deforestation is the second leading cause of global warming and produces about 24% of global greenhouse gas emissions. Scientist say that deforestation in tropical rainforests adds more carbon dioxide to the atmosphere than the sum total of all the cars and trucks on the world's roads."

I think protecting biodiversity is more important then the CO2 thing. We are on this sphere in deep space. Its all we got.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Why not just bulldoze your house and plant some trees instead?

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I was just saying to myself, "you know who is going to like this thread? VG."

Asmodean likes this.
  4. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I always thought the idea of rooftop gardens was cool.

[​IMG] upload_2019-9-5_0-36-2.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The Sun is the leading cause of Global Warming, Water Vapour would be second ;)

soulcompromise likes this.
  6. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Climate change seems to be the big thing right now so if the forest can be saved with its momentum then cool.

7. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

You're an idiot, spouting video game fantasies about going to war with Brazil. They are a poor third world country, and Rio is no place to visit unprepared. All the US would have to do is go in there without even asking. There is no fucking way the Brazilian government would attack, because they are not suicidal. However, there is no reason to embarrass them either, and we actually have friendly diplomatic relationships. If necessary, pressure can be applied, but that is up to the two governments to determine, not some idiot in the peanut gallery.

Forget the jungle, the fish are dying, the insects are dying, the birds are dying, the plants are dying, and we are dying along with all the other animals! Saving the rainforest with heroic efforts, will not save your ass. The only thing that will, is learning to share your words and place nice, and learn how to ask questions instead of flying off the handle.

8. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Forget 'Team America', the concept of 'World Police' is one that appeals, - sadly however, it's a simple matter of Management,
    Who would fund an operation that holds no prospect of financial profit and/or not be of strategic value?

It would be the 'Right' thing to 'police' the Earth and its' environment but when it comes down to it human priority comes first.
    How does one feed a village that because of medical advancements has longer lifespan, with it's residents educated to a level where a higher standard of living is desired, without, cutting down trees to build homes, and /or replace with crop/animal faming to feed and improve transport links for to supply to cater for such increased need? - But that is a whole different debate.

To go back to the question, the discipline and might of an armed force may be the only way to deal with this, and other environmental issues - and it was only the 'Delivery method' of how this can be achieved.
    Only with a combined, co-operative and unified approach can this be successful - although perhaps a hope that is forlorn (?) - IMO

9. Nudist4u

Nudist4u Banned

It's very tough to get excited about (((climate change))) while an entire race gets genocided. Priorities.

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

But white people live on the planet...................

11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Look at south America from Google Earth. They have plenty of space to do all that without wrecking the Amazon.

12. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So basically you are saying the rainforest is on fire, time to bomb the shit out of it...

Seems legit.

Running Horse likes this.
  14. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Better yet why don't you just go chain yourself to a damn tree over there. That'll make em think twice for sure, or if it don't well the rest of mankind will still have benefited.

15. lode

lode Banned

Nothing says I love the environment like a good old fashioned jungle war.

Also we should nuke the whales.

Running Horse likes this.
  16. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

17. I say we drop the A bomb on Brazil. Killing enough people will teach them that killin' people's wrong.

18. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

19. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Before anyone in the US condones this I suggest a review current progress backwards. The rollback of mileage standards, refusal to sign on to the Paris accord,gutting mass transit projects. Spend a morning looking at traffic on a freeway from an overpass in Seattle, Dallas, Chicago, New York .....

20. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

"Deforestation in tropical rainforests adds more carbon dioxide to the Earth's atmosphere than the sum total of cars and trucks on the world's roads. Cars and trucks account for 14% of global carbon emissions, while most analysts attribute 15% to deforestation."
    Read more https://scitechdaily.com/deforestation-adds-more-atmospheric-co2-than-the-sum-total-of-cars-trucks-on-the-worlds-roads/

Seems pretty stupid to me to try and change the transportation system of the entire world instead of getting the same result from simply forcing these countries to stop destroying the most bio diverse places on the planet just to grow soybeans and hamburgers.

I would say it would cost millions of times less to do a few hundred airstrikes on sawmills and bridges then to re make the transportation system of the entire world.