Time For A One-Party Nation?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GrayGuy57, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Results are mixed. The fact that there are consequences (or benefits) to election results is an inescapable condition.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

3. Ralfee

Ralfee Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

" No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.." Winston S. Churchill Nov 11 1947

scratcho likes this.
  4. Joe90

Joe90 Members

We are heading towards "New world order" were we don't count and a millionaire will be trampled by a billonaire etc,etc,et. We are living in a dictatorship cunningly disguised as a democracy. Here in the UK we have freedom of speech unless the BIG BROTHER, doesn't like it. It all boils down to control of the masses. Do as I say not as I do.

GrayGuy57 and MollyCuddled like this.
  5. Joe90

Joe90 Members

I am with you on that.

kinulpture and MollyCuddled like this.
  6. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Today marked the first time in US history that a US President was "en-dye-ted".

I'm hoping and praying that there will not be any violent protests stemming from this charge (I know this truly wishing for the moon, given today's society all too often trending towards violence)

If ANY time was the RIGHT time for BOTH political parties to come TOGETHER and work TOGETHER, the time is indeed NOW...........

"Live long and prosper"

Toker, Joe90 and MollyCuddled like this.
  7. Joe90

Joe90 Members

Yes this was a said time for every day Americans. That's why I don't understand(Iam English in the UK) why you can carry asult wepans of mass distraction around. This is where we in the UK we differ you can have a weapon but not have the working parts or rounds with you. They are held at the range. Yes I no about the right to bare arms but this is from the wild west days, not modern times. This is were the problem L's at.

GrayGuy57 likes this.
  8. Joe90

Joe90 Members

Great words from a great person.

9. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

In today's insane, upside-down political world, it indeed seems as though any hint of protocal and dignity has vanished.....evaporated like drops of water cast upon sizzling desert sands.

The other evening on the 11 O' clock news, I saw a story on the Republican debate.

The little I saw made me feel almost embarrassed to be an American (and NO ONE could love his country more than I)

The ignorance, arrogance, and cheap pot-shots, the interrupting one another, talking over one another, was more atkin to a bunch of overgrown, spoiled children, instead of a group of mature adults.

Nowadays, I consider myself an "independent"; I have truly had my fillof "PUB" (Pure Unadulterated Bulls**t), ignorance, deceit, and lies from the mouths of people who are SUPPOSED to be HONEST and SUPPOSED to be mature, and SERVING the American people.

Common sense would dictate that we cannot possibly agree with each other ALL of the time; why we all can't just simply say: "I'm sorry, but I do not share your views, but I do respect your opinions", instead of resorting to embarrasing displays of intolerance, arrogance, and, yes, even violence.The old saying goes:"Do not discuss sex, religion, or politics with anyone."

Noawadays, especially if you get into a political discussion of ANY sort, it can often turn quite ugly.

WHY in hell can't we just simply learn to tolerate the other person's point of view?

In a truly insane world where, it seems, everyone and his brother is armed with a gun or a knife, it indeed bodes well to avoid all "hot button" issues (if possible), and speak with as much neutrality as is possible.

Nothing is worth risking your life over.

Why can't we just go with: "We can agree to disagree?"

It's all going down hill fast, with little hope for ANY return to even a hint of "normalcy".

Heaven help us all in 2024.............

Tishomingo likes this.
  10. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Here's an easy way to avoid discussing politics, should the subject arise, during the course of a conversation:

"Don't ask, don't tell";)

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As long as it's not a right wing / republican party. No matter what form of government we have or change into ---the rich / power hungry will always be in charge of the money , the jobs, the laws and the rest of us will have to bust ass just to make it, to shut up, and gratefully take what we're given The difference between the dems and the repubs is that the dems are more likely to try and share a LITTLE more of the riches--the repubs WANT IT ALL and fuck you --you're on your own. And by the way--What is all this safety net bullshit about? Help for the poor? Help for children? Food stamps? Social security? Medicare? How dare you beggars suck on the government tit!!:cool::cool:

granite45, Tishomingo and GrayGuy57 like this.
  12. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Plz watch a 1:35 excerpt frm 1942 film, keeper of the flame. That is if ya can find it, lastime i looked was buried or something. Its near the end, just fastforward if ya get bored with old films.

13. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Sorry, but direct democracy wouldn't work in a nation of 326.7 million in the twenty-first century. Our founding fathers didn't think it worked even in the city-state of ancient Athens where it was invented. Most folks lack the knowledge it takes to run a modern economy and provide national security and effective foreign and domestic policy in a troubled world. Especially in a divided nation like ours, it would be chaos.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
  14. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

What CAN we talk about today, that does not run the risk of turning into a major verbal war?

Immigration?

No way!

Politics?

DON'T go there!

Religion

STAY CLEAR!

Sex?

Don't even THINK about it!

We can't even discuss the WEATHER these days, as that will lead into climate change/global warming, and THAT will, without a doubt, fuel a VERY hot "debate"!

My advice?

Discuss the opening of New York's first subway in 1904, the building of the Empire State Building, the Flintstones, or the Nash Rambler!;):):D

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Why those er all commie plots ta hoodwink the ----oh ----never mind. I need a nap.;)

16. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Who eise feels as i do, abt eliminating the electoral college?