Time and Light, the same thing?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by trevor johnson 5757, Feb 22, 2021.

1. trevor johnson 5757

trevor johnson 5757 Members

Is time related to light? If something is far away and we see it as it was, does that make its light or its time giving a incorrect coordinate of its location? Or is it both light and time that are off? As you approach light speed you experience time dilation, how are the two related light and time?

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Field Theory describes photons as ripples in space-time itself, while Relativity describes the speed of light as similar to a horizon effect, where the horizon always follows you around at whatever speed you move. Electrons easily absorb and emit photons, which are believed to carry the forces of nature, such as gravity and electromagnetism. Since they convey the forces of nature, you could say without photons, nothing would exist, so its safe enough to assume that includes time. The Field Theory equations imply that photons experience isomorphic space-time, where time and space never change for them, and always appear to be same. Essentially, Relativity implies a fatalistic universe where time is merely an illusion, but quantum mechanics says its ultimately random, and the arrow of time merely emerges from three quantum eigenstates.

At any rate, although we can measure the energy and information that photons convey, we can't measure the photons themselves, can't prove that they are ripples in space-time, or measure space-time itself. What we can measure is temperature, and space-time itself has a temperature, a perfect vacuum is impossible, and Relativity implies its impossible to have space-time without something like photons to occupy it. Time dilation is merely another way of saying time travel, and you can travel into the future if you accelerate towards the speed of light or fall into a black hole, but light can only travel into the future by falling into a gravity well.

trevor johnson 5757 likes this.
  3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

This reminds me of Christopher Hill's Theory of Consciousness.
    He was a merchant marine in WWII, co founder of the Jamaica Agriculture & Industrial Party, friend to two Jamaican Prime Ministers, Ian Fleming, Noël Coward, Winthrop Rockefeller, Elizabeth Taylor, Lady Bird Johnson, Grace Kelly, Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, and Errol Flynn. A leader in the Jamaican art and Rastafari movement, lobbied for the Dalai Lama, etc., etc., etc.

He researched unified field theory, bioenergetics, hypnosis, tele-thought, biophysics, solar radiation, resonant systems of ionosphere, capacitor effects of human body on static electricity, electron discharge of the nervous system, and the effects of sound and color on human consciousness and states of health.

I have a book of his around here somewhere where he gets into the nature of light and consciousness. Something about the Lux and Lumen, I think.
    I'll have to dig it up when i get time.

4. wooleeheron

He sounds like my kind of hack, insane, but an academic with the wrong kind of insanity to be productive. Roger Penrose is the same, always asking the right questions, and coming to the wrong conclusions, but his questions lead to interesting answers. Space-time is hyperuniform and the arrow of time and three dimensions emerge from three quantum eigenstates. Either you can account for negative probabilities, or you are wasting your time.

Believe it or not, I can skim through dozens of pages of technical papers without reading a word, and point out exactly where they make logic errors and assumptions, merely by the shapes of the paragraphs they write. They are complete idiots, and I have spent my entire life dealing with them, and am preparing to publish my work in the public domain, where anyone can use it to exploit their Three Stooges slapstick and improve on my work, anonymously if they hate their own academic institutions.

5. erofant

erofant Members

Ask Trump about quantum physics and other cosmic questions ................ he says he knows more about everything than anybody else. He's a genius ............... just ask him & he'll tell you.

MeAgain likes this.
  6. wooleeheron

Donald Duck had the finest teachers in the world, just ask Richard Dawkins, who invented his own nonsense word "meme". Encouraging millions of his followers to babble complete gibberish for years, in the name of science, reason, and survival of the fittest atheist.

Fuck Academia! They have trashed out modern civilization!

7. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

To answer your question. An object such as a planet reflects light from a star. Or at least according to the current theories. A star in of itself emits light. The rest seems like a chicken or egg or "is a tomato a fruit or vegetable" kind of question.

By "incorrect coordinate" you mean human's ability to map the exact XYZ location of a distant body. The body itself does not have an incorrect coordinate, it is where it is. There are no such thing as incorrect coordinates, the only thing that is correct or incorrect is human's ability to reach the destination or not.

8. wooleeheron

According to current theory, vacuum emits light, and every massive body emits light, without the sun. Sorry, but your ideas of physics resemble Beavis and Butthead.

9. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

Your ideas of physics resemble woo, unless proven otherwise.

Bold claims require bold evidence.