Time alone

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Eavesdrop, May 12, 2007.

1. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

How often do you and your spouse/partner get time alone? And when you do, what do you do to make the most of your time?

2. colorfulhippie

colorfulhippie Member

not often. once or twice a year (aside from being home, on call for various night wakings of our three kiddos). my hub works most nights and i don't have many trust worthy sitters. the last time we went out was in january.

we drink beer and have sex :)

3. Poem~Girl

Poem~Girl Member

I haven't spent any alone time in awhile. I know as a whle we should. My hubby has band practise and i work the odd on call shift night and when he has his children i hang with them when he has his band practise. He also works at home. So whenever he wants to take a break we hang out together, I just got out of college for the Summer, and i found and he found that i spent A lot of time with my head in my books (most students take breaks) But i always had something in mind and i'm just one antzy person.

Now when you say time alone do you mean just 1 night out .... or several days away from your partner.

Love makes the heart grow fonder.

Relationships have/never will come with manuals but its how we build our relationships to make them survive.

Peace~Love~Joy
    Teri

4. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

We got time alone last night, and last saturday....It's rare that we get any time alone. This time, it was just a bonus.

We usually see a movie, go out to eat, or come home and just cuddle/DTD. We're not uber-sexually driven, so it's mostly cuddling and talking. :)

5. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

we never really do. We don't have anyone to watch Leane...my mom lives about 10 minutes away, but every time I have ever asked for some help, she tells me she's too busy or that she's not bailing me out. So she never really sees her granddaughter.
    Our alone time is after Leane goes to bed...which doesn't usually last too long...she's usually up in about 2 hours, wanting to come in to our bed.
    Cody and I are together a lot, so it doesn't really bug me as much. We go to a small college together and then walk home together and spend all night together. We're not "alone" per say, but we do get time to talk.

6. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

i havent had any alone time with my hubby since aiden was born two years ago. he is either awake and on the computer all night and sleeps all day or on the computer during the day and going to meetings all day. i stay at home take care of aiden and the house then go to bed at aroun 11 or 12. i mean there is no way for my hubby and i to get any time together alone. we have his friend living with us and aiden sleeps in bed with us plus another baby on the way will make it next to impossible to get any alone time. oh well

7. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

A couple times a year. That's about it. Well besides when the kids go to bed at night. But by then, we're usually too tired to even enjoy the solitude. For the most part. ;)

When we do go out, we usually get tipsy (sometimes too much!) go out to dinner, play pool, and of course, fool around in the backseat of the van like a couple of teenagers. :)