TikTok blackout challenges

Discussion in 'People' started by sureño, Aug 6, 2022.

1. sureño

sureño Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

When I was a kid the most daring thing I did was climb trees or get entangled in a football game with older kids.
    What's going on with our children nowadays? Is this hyper-connected world a danger to them?
    Two children have already died from absurd challenges.

~Zen~ and BandA like this.
  2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

yes very upsetting.

~Zen~, BandA and sureño like this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

TikTok breeds idiots...

I think that is it's only purpose for existing.

To be fair, I have only seen what has come out elsewhere, I have never actually gone to TikTok. I don't believe I need to at this point.

4. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

Tiktok and other "social media" are toxic........to the youth and the brainless(smartphones)........being 24/7 online is not healthy.RL is still outside,imo.

[​IMG]

Coming from a interwebz addict/pcgamer :D

Ps. dont start about data collection........tiktok(chinese)....

Mzzls

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    soulpoker likes this.
  5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Watch the opening of this film, between 9:00 and 12:15.

While the audience laugh, the sensation of oxygen starvation to the brain has been known to cause a high for centuries and is responsible for dozens of unnecessary deaths every year in the UK alone, one of which I was unfortunate enough to discover. Alcohol often plays a large part. It is medically classified as a fetish.
    It is neither suicide or an accident, so the coroners verdict is 'Death by misadventure'. A verdict that we see all too often today.

While social media is not directly responsible, where behavior such as this is concerned, it can end up becoming a challenge to vulnerable young people.
    Even when people assume that they are playing safe, if lack of oxygen reaches the heart first, it can put the patient into cardiac arrest .

~Zen~ likes this.
  6. John1971

John1971 Senior Member

TikTok also does some challenges that are.....questionable. My stepson told me they had a silhouette challenge that gathered controversy because some people were doing it naked (some of them being guys who were clearly.....aroused), there's apparently some way to filter it to see the person...and some of the participants were underage. As I do not use TikTok, I'm guessing their moderators are either crap or non-existent?

~Zen~ likes this.
  7. sureño

sureño Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Exactly. I don't think Tik Tok has much effect on us adults. The problem is the youngest like those 10 and 12 year olds. That's the danger

I don't use it either. I think it's just a boys' thing.

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I am fairly certain that their moderators minds are purely set on the advertising revenue.

9. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I'm pretty certain poor parenting has much to do about it.....