Throat closing

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by emublazin, Jun 6, 2004.

1. emublazin

emublazin Member

Hey when i get high, or just smoke too much i start to get a throat closing feeling that last for a few hours. its hard to breathe and swallow. is this normal, do anyone know what causes this?

2. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

It might be cotton mouth. I know when I get cotton mouth really badly, it feels like my throat is dry too. If not that, maybe really harsh weed is irritating your throat.

3. emublazin

emublazin Member

it feels as if i'm going to choke or something is lodged in my throat. Really scary!

4. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

Yeah, I would imagine. It might just be an effect of the high. If it's that scary, and it happens every time you smoke, I'd just stop smoking.

5. emublazin

emublazin Member

it just started happening lately. i think its the trees that i got, i might buy some from my boy tomorrow and try that out.

6. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

your probably just tripping out, but if it's actually closing up and your sure of it, it's some kind of alergic reaction. ask your doctor.

7. unorthodox

unorthodox Member

I get that too sometimes. It feels as tho theres a lump at the bottom of my throat its not really painful just annoyin lol.

8. bertrose

bertrose Member

I get that too when I get really high. Its basically just cottonmouth, ur throat probably isn't closing, its just the back of ur mouth and throat are sticking together...try drinking some juice or water or clear ur throat...i doesn't really bother me as much as it used to...

9. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

Vote KERRY for President! Get the idiot out of office!! Don't vote for someone that can't ride a bike!! LOL!!!!

LOL, i know this isnt about the post but thanks bertrose for making me laugh! :D

10. Velouria

Velouria Member

That happens to me when I smoke really good dank. I wouldn't worry about it.

11. Sik Wit It

Sik Wit It Member

when you get that feeling just burp... it usually takes it away.. I used to get that after i take alot of big hits.. then like 30 seconds later id belch up a ton of smoke and my lungs would open back up

12. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

that happened to my cousin he smoked pot laced with lsd and we were out to dinner and he was telling me how he thought he was "swallowing wrong" and it felt like he had like something wrong with his throat. check into it

13. emublazin

emublazin Member

i know it wasn't laced (i got a sorry ass high) so i'm thinking it was all that extra heat made my throat either stick or swell. i smoked just a little bit yesterday and was fine.

14. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

when you heat LSD it is destroyed

15. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

My thoughts exactly. Anyway. What are you smoking out of? If its a galvinized metal thats a big red flag.

16. emublazin

emublazin Member

nope, just a hand rolled joint or blunt, i wonder if it was the papers?

17. alice11

alice11 Member

That only happens to me when I'm smoking hydro. If it's just bush then my throat's fine.

18. alice11

alice11 Member

sorry double post

19. emublazin

emublazin Member

how long should it last? i smoked alittle yesterday and later that night it started up again.

20. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

Smoke isn't friendly to your throat. Those things will happen.