Thrift Shop Skirt/Reconstructed

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Rar1013, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I got this skirt at a thrift store for 3 dollars...i got the material from joann's for 1.50 for half a yard....and this is the finished product... :)
    [​IMG]

2. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

3. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Wow, I really like that... :D

4. smilez

smilez Member

That's awesome. I wish I was that creative.

5. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Thanks so much..i really appreciate it..

i've been sooooo creative this weekend..i've made 3 scarfs, this side paneled skirt, and a complete skirt and apron top :)

it's been a great and productive weekend...and i'm sad because it is coming to an end..i wish i didn't have to work and i could just stay home and sew all weekend long.....:(

6. Soulless||Chaos

Work always ruins everyone's fun... :( Perhaps you could eventualy sell your creations, and be creative all the time? :D

7. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

eh, maybe...see it sounds good in theory..but i think if i sewed for a living i would eventually hate to sew..u see what i'm saying...i just don't wanna do anything and i want to have everything..see that's that lazy libra coming out...i want my cake and i want to eat it too... :)

8. smilez

smilez Member

I was thinking the same thing Soulless. I could so see her having her own store one day.

9. Soulless||Chaos

Yeah I see what you're saying, maybe not being able to sew all the time helps the creativity build up to new levels then? :D Haha who knows... I wish I could have my cake and eat it too also... :( :rolleyes:

10. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

awww..thanks....that is soooo sweet! it make me feel so good when people dig my work...someday i will get even more creative and intricate w/ my work..now i just don't have the time to spend a month on a dress ...

and soulless.....man we have so much in common..ur so fucking kewl...i luv other libras...it's such a great thing right..

11. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

ok..here is my life long plan..or rather my life goals..

1) finish pre requisites and attend dental hygiene school
    2)work in chicagoland for a year or two as a hygentist...save $
    3)move to tennessee
    4)work as a hygentist 8 months a year
    5)become a skydiving jump master
    6)live in mexico every january and sew my little heart out
    7)travel around in summer to fests and craft shows and sell my creations....

:) :) :) do u think i can do it all ???

12. Soulless||Chaos

Sounds like quite a plan.. :D I don't see any reason why you couldn't do all that. :D

13. Roses are Phree

Roses are Phree Member

Damn, I wish I could sew like you. Honestly, everything you post here looks wonderful.

You sound like you're going to lead a very fascinating life. I say go for it. :)

14. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

I love buying stuff at thrift stores and remaking them! It's a great way to let out your creative side. I bought this whit lace skirt and a cotton off white. Then, I overlaid them and did some beadwork and cut it off at my knees (or right below) and I get so many compilments. It only cost me 2 dollars total! And my currect project is this pair of jeans. I have a stencil and I wrote "Left is Right" on the front of the left leg and "right is wrong" on the back of the right leg. Then I'm making this border at the bottom. Its kind of primitive styled I guess. (The bordrer) Any ideas for stuff to remake? I also made a quilt out of Tshirts, but thats pretty common.

Need Ideas!

15. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

I'm a Libra tooooooooooooo! I love all your stuff, Rar. I can understand about not wanting to sew for other people...; it'd just be so tedious and awful after a while. Good luck with all your goals and stuff :)