Three Years

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by goatboy1186, Mar 9, 2008.

1. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

Alrighty then, here they are my 3 year old locks. After the recent dramatic events that have occured over here in what was once Knotty Know How I am beginning to feel inclined to make a move over to kl. I'm having trouble dealing with the hypocrasy of a free speech forum that censors and blocks unneccesarily. Anyways I love this Knotty Know How family we've got over here and I will be around from time to time to check in with you all but I will no longer be a regular poster. On with the pictures!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

kl?

but man they be lookin mighty nice

3. ska1234

ska1234 Banned

Nice locks man! I dig.
    Explain about the hypocrasy of a free speech forum that censors and blocks unneccesarily?

4. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

KL knottylocks... and what I'm referring to involves the name change and the Slang ordeal. Big Brother is watching I must go :)

5. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

oh and thanks for the compliments brothers! :spliff:

6. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

what a dirty hippie.... your hair looks like poo.
    lol i actually cant even describe how amazing your locks are. i hope you dont mind me saving your pics for inspiration.

7. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

oh and i hear you with the stupid shit going on here. i may turn my attentions elsewhere but i dont want to be without my lovely supportive dread family...
    anyway, i dont much care for kl. everyone is so mean and obnoxious there. maybe i just dont have their sense of humour lol

8. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

yeah im with you on knottylocks. I tried to befriend the people there acouple years ago but they werent very welcoming. but i have a possible idea i will pm you about. Oh and as an added bonus I just found this picture of myself from I'm assuming a few months after I backcombed bc it was at a benefit concert for Hurricane Katrina victims i did.
    [​IMG]

9. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Lovin' your locks brother! They look wonderful - gotten a lot longer in the last few months!

I know what you mean about all the drama... but I have to have a little social time and I at least know people here... I don't know - if I knew where to find y'all elsewhere it might be fun. :)

10. dreadlochness

dreadlochness is a warrior.

anyone who wants to know where to find us, just give me a holler. kl isn't really fun for me, there's a lot of racism and general anger there, and i dig a calmer atmosphere. i'll pm you linnea and goatboy.

P.S. goatboy, your dreads are effing amazing. they're so loooooong! gorgeous isn't even the word, but i don't have a better one.

11. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

wow dude. it's crazy how much they've matured and grown. you inspire me

12. Tr!pp

Tr!pp Banned

Very Nice.

Im registered on KL and I will agree to an extent, many people seem a bit "elitits" but i dont think it because they are trying to be rude. just the way they are and something you need to get used to i think.

The KL forums dont get nearly as many regular posts as this site either which is why i hang around here more.

BTW without derailing / hijacking this thread what exactly has been 'censored' on this forums apart from the topic about a possible new forum that was posted last week....?

13. dready_kolo

dready_kolo Banned

I agree, it's a pretty negative enviroment

14. holygiblets

holygiblets Banned

Goatboy - you play Bagpipes AND have dreads - that's seriously fucking cool. Do let me know if people are moving to other forums or have any ideas!

15. BlazingDervish

BlazingDervish Banned

Great hair and sweet instrument. Do you compete? I miss my bagpipn' days.

I'm a little lost too. But I must say that I wouldn't mind a place that won't bust me for having a ticker while multitudes of others are allowed to have theirs.

16. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

The problem isn't the image... the issue is that people insert it complete with a link to the ticker site. Skip has specified that he considers placing outside links in peoples' sigs as spam. The reason some folks have not had their sig tickers removed is that they made the effort to post the image only and not include the SPAM link to the ticker site. Before you start accusing people of censoring and depriving you of what you clearly feel that you're entitled to you should take the time to read and comprehend the guidelines you agreed to when you signed up here.

If we really wanted to censor you we could close and delete discussions alluding to diverting members to other sites which clearly you are doing here but thus far we've allowed that to slide.

17. MurdaHorse

MurdaHorse Member

wow your dreads are absolutely wicked..

but yeah from what Ive seen Knotty Locks looks like its full of dickheads... way more friendly here..

18. gaiabee

gaiabee Member

anyways, back to topic...

goatboy... those are some beautiful monsters atop your head... and thanks for posting the earlier picture too, I love seeing how dreads change and grow.

19. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

wow awesome!

20. dreadlochness

dreadlochness is a warrior.

i am just coming to the awareness that i feel the guidelines are ridiculous. it never bothered me much before, but it does now. people can talk about other websites as much as they want, but for some reason, our discussion about a site that didn't even exist yet was removed. so now we are somewhere else talking about it. just wanted to throw my two cents in. sorry for threadjacking, jared.