thoughts on life

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AlawlessLulu69420, Apr 25, 2007.

1. AlawlessLulu69420

AlawlessLulu69420 Member

why do we have disabilities? have bad guys? stuff like that. id like to hear your thoughts..

2. jonnydisaster5

jonnydisaster5 Member

so perverts like me can fuck quadrapalegics.peanut butter and choclate baby.

3. joe

joe Banned

we have disabilities because we like to know that somewhere there's someone much worse off than you are....and then you smile and skip and laugh and enjoy your day because you know that just because you broke your arm, at least your not like that guy that doesnt even have arms

we have bad guys because...well being bad just feels so damn good

4. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

because god is sadistic and so enjoys making imperfect people that suffer

5. shuablazed

shuablazed Member

the world isnt perfect man if it was we'd all probably be bored out of our skulls...but then I geuss it wouldn't be perfect. Maybe there is no such thing as a perfect world. Deep shit man. How would you know you where happy if you didn't have anything to compare it to?

6. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Population control.

7. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Exactly. I get tired of people saying, "How could God let this happen?" Don't get me wrong, I hate to see all the bad shit in this world just as much as the next guy. But if sadness and tragedy didn't exist then we wouldn't know how to appreciate happiness and all of the beauty in this world. Think about it....if all we had was blue skies and happy days then we wouldn't understand how lucky we are to see those happy blue sky days.

8. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I third that. If you feel sadness, you should be glad, because you must have had something good happen to compare it to.

9. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

^That's a really cool statement. :)

10. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

Who knows? Nothing can be perfect. Sometimes things just go wrong.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

diversity is the nature of reality. it prevents nothing. so we have everything. all sorts of everything. even what is distasteful is sometimes something that something else we desire depends upon. not everything of course. but shit does feed fruit trees.

now there are a lot of harmful and unpleasant things we cause by our thoughtlessness that we totally don't have to. nothing prevents us from doing so. nothing automaticly gives us the knowledge of how to avoid doing so. but we CAN learn how, and actually do so. and it IS up to us TO do so.

most of what we don't like IS the byproduct of someone, or more usualy some many, of which we ourselves are more often then not a particapant, just not giving enough thought to the rest of whatever else they are doing and the kinds of effects everything has on everything.

there's your whole whys and wherefors on this one.

sure all sorts of nontangable spirit folks exist too and all that, but they don't have all that much to do with it, if indeed anything at all. the're just good friends to have and all that, but the kind of world we have to live in is entirely up to us, and how much we screw up, or don't, by our thoughtlessness, or avoidance of it.

=^^=
    .../\...

12. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

if there would be no bad we wouldnt have learnt to appreciate good

13. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Difference in perception.

Every positive is also a negative and so on.

There are no "bad people", and there are no "Disabilities"... it's just the matter of the accepted norm and what opposes it.

14. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

God is kind and generous. He makes imperfect people that suffer so that His perfect believers have something to be entertained by and feel superior to.

Completely joking, by the way.

If there was no suffering or disability, what good would living be? As humans we thrive on challenge. Many of us are bored and use the overmarketed term "depressed" because we're bored and our lives lack difficulty. We need to be tried, we need to be challenged, we need obstacles to climb over, otherwise we just sit around and think "geez, this life sucks. Why can't I be doing *this* like so-and-so?" Or "my life would be so much better if I had this."

If you lack difficulty and challenge you lack flavor, you lack life. That's why so many people thrive on conflict, it makes them feel alive. And I think personal disabilities provide the same kind of thing...they give us a purpose, something to do, something to tend to, some distinction. Plus, they help shape individuals. Plain and simple.

So as much as we like to bitch and moan about our problems, I have the feeling we'd be much more miserable without them.

15. illumincoalitional

illumincoalitional Member

Life, is just a passing, in the next world it gets harder.