thoughts on body odor (anyone agree?)

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by redeyedrevolutionary, Jan 3, 2008.

1. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

yes.

but not because of the smell

instead for his complete disregard for personal hygiene.

2. Quirk

Quirk Member

Doesn't affect me much, but I use deodorant.

Perfume when I forgot to shower the night before.

Drink water, along with the MANY wonders it does it helps with body odor.

3. kingofthemoon1313

kingofthemoon1313 Member

I kinda like the smell of unwashed. Reminds me of sizzling greasy Gyro meat.

4. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

body odor is gross dude,, if it isnt strong at all (like if you take a shower everyday) its ok. but if its strong, yes i almost wanna puke.

5. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

lol this is great.

have you ever smelled someone that smells like bacon grease? talk about gross!

6. rebelsoulrebel

rebelsoulrebel Member

For the life of me I wish I had the link for this british video series I once seen.

I personally think my own body odor is earth and faint at first, but pretty knarly afterwhile, esp. in the heat.

Anyway, they did a study on a group of 20-25 yr old couples and had them play a long game of paintball after showering and not using deoderant, perfums, ect.

They then hung their t-shirts on a clothsline and had the boys/girls pick which of the opposite sex smelt most appealing. Some picked their partner, some didn't but there was a clear winner for both genders.

They went on to talk about hormone cycles, darwin, ect. It was very cool, any of you hip brits seen it?

7. rebelsoulrebel

rebelsoulrebel Member

Lol..... if they aren't sweaty it would just make me hungry.

I once knew an unfortunate fellow that always smelt of vinegar. Dont know if he used it as a body care or hair cleanser but it was a little over the top.

8. spiderallis

spiderallis Member

I'd not heard about that study, but I have a feeling it was inspired by another study I read about years ago. People prefer the scent of the gender they're attracted to, and often have much stronger reactions to the aroma of their partner. I had to explain that study when my sweetie caught me sniffing dirty tee shirts before washing them...

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i have used peroxide on cuts then went out and later i could smell a vinegar scent on me. just saying its a possibility but if when you say always you mean many times then that would be just as strange as using vinegar all the time. maybe he worked in a vinegar manufacturer.