Thoughts of a first time user.

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Fixes_big_yellow_things, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Fixes_big_yellow_things

Fixes_big_yellow_things Members

So... i drove to a legal pot store today (canada), pull out my credit card bought 1 gram, then rolled and smoked my first joint at age 38

( Fireside black 16% thc content https://www.firesidecannabis.com)

It's.. uh... interesting...? ..I definitely had a really good nap this afternoon...

My Final thoughts.... I don't get why people rave so much about it. I still like beer better, and I don't want to sleep for 4 hours after having a couple beer with lunch.

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

So you liked it?

I shouldn't be snarky. I used to loathe pot and didn't care for anyone who carried on about it. That's because I wasn't really willing to give it a chance.

But I don't smoke anymore. Nor edibles, nor vape. :) Good on you for trying something new!

3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The first time I tasted alcohol I knew damned well it was poison and didn't not see the attraction.

kushkush and Driftrue like this.
  4. Fixes_big_yellow_things

May require further testing....i have a feeling i used too much, the drool stains on my couch are effing disgusting

5. wooleeheron

My first time I wasn't even sure I got high. Your brain doesn't know what to do with the stuff until you've used it a few times, unless your brain already leans that way. It messes with your sense of time, touching on the more subtle stochastic processes in the brain. Sort of like tuning an FM radio channel in.

6. Fixes_big_yellow_things

Got the jitters like I had too many expressos, curled up in a ball and woke up several hours later. Not exactly enjoyable.

7. wooleeheron

Nobody ever claimed pot doesn't have negative side effects, but it can access more of your subconscious mind.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if i drank a fifth of vodka for my first time trying alcohol, i would probably not be a fan either.

also, a weed high is based very much on your mental state at the time that you got high. so if your mental state was tired, you'll be falling asleep.

kushkush and Irminsul like this.
  9. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Gotta smoke more. If you don't feel like you're being chased by the devil you're doing it wrong.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was with folks my first time. I had two bong rips. We sat and laughed in the shed. Then we drove and laughed some more. I got home and laughed. Then I had popcorn. Then I had a good sleep.

I was pretty much sold after that experience.

11. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

My first time involved a bong, Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd, & a tape recorder

12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I was at an Incubus concert when I was 15 and I ate hash and ended up without any shoes. It was fun but I like the sound of Running Horse's better.

13. kushkush

kushkush Here on loan...

As a 12 year old in 78. Not sure I remember it. Must’ve liked it as been a 40 year love affair.

Attached Files:

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm very glad I first tried it at age 15 or so, not in my thirties. But I don't really recall my exact first time. Probably because the second or third time (that followed shortly after the first) were better and now I mix them up.
    I did try it with friends outside and a bit on our guards. It was in the village we went to highschool. So yeah, it was exciting because of that already. I don't think it was much later we tried it with some good music inside somewhere. Then I was really sold. I didn't start smoking on my own for quite some time later. Only with friends in the beginning

kushkush likes this.