thoughts about relationships

Discussion in 'True Love' started by zalabim, May 29, 2006.

1. zalabim

zalabim Member

Why is it so God damn hard to have a relationship???
    Love comes on your path and u are so inlove. Three months later u are seriously asking yourself what u are doing and with who. No...I dont think u have to love everyone but respect everyone and be humble enough to see the different stages people are going through. Is it ok to be jealous? Hm...well its ok to have that kind of feelings but not to be an arse. I mean, if it doesnt suits u we have a choise to leave, right? All though I am looking for love. The one true love wrapped in rose petals and barefeet :) When will I ever learn...

2. Fastswitch

Fastswitch Visitor

you tell us:When?

3. continuousbeing

continuousbeing Member

you cant look for true love, you will never find it that way. and love is tricky. you can find true love but at a time when you are not ready for it and all that it entails, and will thus fail. this is not a failing of love, but a failing of people and their capacity for interpersonal relationships. everyone has their issues, everyone has their bullshit. you need to be over yours, or at least comfortable living with them, for any real relationship to work, and be beneficial for both parties involved.

4. Anastazija

Anastazija Member

Love will come. You dont have to look for true love.

5. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

That may be true - but it gets strange the older and older you get. The pressure to "settle down" regardless if it's true love or not. And if it wasn't true love then when they didn't bother looking, what makes you think "not looking" is going to get them anywhere this time?

There's idealism and then there's some practical thrown in.

6. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

That's a beautiful thought. And I think it's really true.

7. zalabim

zalabim Member

Hm...I think Im just a uncurable romantic. Im a daydreamer and its ok if it just stay there too. Life has much to give. My thoughts about relationships seems to have taken with a bit more seriousness than I thought. At the same time the responds Ive got shows that most of the people have their mind set on true love somewhere. It doesnt have to be desperate but it sure lives there inside of almost everyone of us.
    Have we all a special prince or princess out there for us? Someone from a past incarnation perhaps, someone chosen just for u? Or is the lesson all about getting to know yourself, with or without a life partner. Im not really looking for answer to this, its just plain thoughts. Dont think anyone has the answer either ;)
    But its nice to hear thoughts about it though. I wonder how many times I have used the word "thoughts" in this reply....hm..Yeah..and that was a question. Feel free to count. :)

8. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

Well, I'm a romantic and a dreamer too.
    I think both are good things to be. Without dreams, we don't have anything to strive for, and it's hard to appreciate the right person once she/he comes along. It's good to be a romantic, even if it means that your heart gets broken easier than people that aren't. I think it's a lot better to have a broken heart than to have no heart at all.

9. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Yes, you are thought-provoking! :)

I don't believe in a prince or princess out there, nor incarnations, soulmates and past lives. Sometimes it's not the kind of "love" one is looking for either, but another kind that comes up and it fills your world. With more than one person, at more than one time. Or perhap not at all romantic. To be frank, the idea that there is one life partner in the romantic sense is so transfixed I wonder that it must fill some void rather than be "love" at all.

How is one open to all forms of "love" if we cannot quieten our immediate needs or discipline our yearnings?