Thoughts About Getting A Good Garden Door

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by joyangel, Mar 15, 2017.

1. joyangel

joyangel Members

Hey, guys, I am in the midst of a home renovation right now. I love gardening and I have a huge garden behind my house. I am thinking of getting a garden door at the back of my house so that it can open right up to the garden. I thought about getting it installed after I read an article about it online. I would like something that would last long and durable. I am not price conscious, if anybody could share your thoughts on this, it would be great.

1 person likes this.
  2. morrow

morrow Visitor

I would love to click on your link, but won't, can you not post some pictures, like you did with your bong?

1 person likes this.
  3. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

Many years ago my mom took our her dining room window and installed French doors. She was an avid Master Gardener and LOVED being outdoors. In my opinion those doors were the best home improvement she ever made... honestly, I think she liked them better than her updated kitchen! From April through October, the doors were wide open and she loved the convenience.

I have a sliding glass door off my dining room onto my deck, which IS my garden - and yes, it's one of my favorite features in my own home. The ability to step into my garden and be able to leave the screen open for lovely garden-fresh air blowing throughout the house - is my favorite part of this house. If money weren't an issue, I would love to upgrade my door to French doors, but my doors are all custom-sized and the price is far too high.

We are working towards a 5-year move to a more temperate area for our severe arthritis however, and will be downsizing our home. One "splurge" I'm insisting on adding to our new home is a French door from the living room into what will be my garden space. To me? Yes, it's worth it, and YES I personally think it adds to a home! Maybe not as far as property value, but in how useful it is for you & how happy you'll be to have all that freshness extending your living space? Yes, I definitely think it's worth it! Sliding glass doors work well, but the ability to open both halves of a larger door really add something special to the look.

1 person likes this.
  4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Did You Actually Take The Time To Read What You Wrote.....Before You "Hit Post"....???

I Very Much Doubt It..... :D

Cheers Glen.

5. pattymary

pattymary Member

I am thinking about this as a little garden gate..

Attached Files:

6. candys

candys Visitor

A friend of mine made wooden door by himself. But that's because he likes working with wood. Looks very cool.

7. candys

candys Visitor

He bought chiansaw for that purpose. Here is reviews https://bestchainsawadviser.com/poulan-chainsaw-reviews. I'm thinking of buying onw too for my wood working