Thoughts about answering the door nude ( with appropriate " warning " sign posted )

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by D.and.D_in_Dallas, Jul 11, 2019.

1. D.and.D_in_Dallas

D.and.D_in_Dallas Guest

Hi, I'm Dustin a longtime nudist and member of HF. I am no longer married, nor do I live in Dallas. I moved back to my hometown of OKC,OK. I wanted to ( re ) introduce myself to everyone. I have so many questions I could propose to the group and I would love to hear everyone's opinion about them, I guess I will start with the following:

Does anyone make a habit of answering the door nude (
    for non nudist ie pizza and UPS delivery etc ) ?

I have not and (
    normally ) would not, but over the years I have made a few friends from various nudist venues ( resorts, non landed clubs, even online organizations like this one ). I have known ( a few ) nudists that ALWAYS answer the door nude and all of them have an appropriate " warning sign " posted:

This is a nudist household, we choose not to wear clothes and will answer the door in our preferred mode of dress NUDE. If you will find this offensive, please do not knock on the door etc.

None of these folks, would feel comfortable answering the door nude without posting such a sign (
    and I feel the same way )

What do you think ?

Take Care and Stay BARE
    Dustin

PS Would it be better for me to start over with a new screen name ?

2. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

Answering the door naked has its rewards as well as its risks and consequences. Posting a sign on or near the door doesn't mean anything when the person (adult or child) doesn't read it. Also, while you may be comfortable with nudity, it doesn't mean your neighbors are. America might be the land of the free, but it's not the land of the nude. My advice is: Know your neighborhood, know your neighbors, know who you socialize with and know your local laws before answering your door naked.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i guess it depends on how you currently feel about dungeons and dragons.

4. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

I don't think a sign means anything now days. Just look at all the traffic accidents because people didn't read the stop sigh or no parking sign. I have answered my door nude a few times but most times I slip on a pair of shorts. It is a 50/50 if a sign would work.

Joe90, Josephinelcajon and NudistTed like this.
  5. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

Answering the front door nude is a NO-NO in my home. It's one of the rules I agreed to in order to be able to live nude at home.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Is a sign going to stop a lawsuit

Serious question

What if its like a girl scout selling cookies

Come to think of it, what do you do on halloween?

7. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Hmmm....if I saw a warning sign like that it just might make me want to knock.

8. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

I consider this inappropriate ,sign or not, but that's just me.

I think we owe a bit of decency to visitors by appearing in the right apparel because you're greeting the public even if it's your doorstep.

Eric!, GLENGLEN and NudistTed like this.
  9. I would just answer in a robe.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  10. D.and.D_in_Dallas

D.and.D_in_Dallas Guest

That has always been (
    and for the time being ) still is my course of action,

11. D.and.D_in_Dallas

D.and.D_in_Dallas Guest

Well, I hope a Girl Scout is accompanied by an adult (
    and thus would not knock ). I ( myself ) would consider that an exception and answer the door dressed ( like I have over the years )

12. Angela36

Angela36 Members

I've never answered the door in the nude, but I have a robe that is pretty skimpy (very short, thin material) that can be awfully revealing if worn correctly. I just might give that a try one day.

Joe90, joker69, BiRob and 5 others like this.
  13. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

If I know who is at the door and they would be ok with it then yes I'll answer the door nude. I have an intercom and spyhole so I can usually check first if in doubt. Otherwise I'll only open the door a small amount or just quickly put something on first.

14. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

I might just have to knock on your door one day so you can try :wink:

Joe90, Bullzaye and Angela36 like this.
  15. 1Rose

1Rose Members

We don't have a sign at our house advertising we are nudists, but keep a robe by the door. Unless we are expecting someone, whoever answers the door normally puts the robe on first.

We have been caught out a couple of times when expecting friends, and opened the door nude, once to the postman who at least smiled, and once to Jehovah witnesses who looked terrified. Mind you since then, we haven't been bothered by Jehovah witnesses anymore.:wink:

16. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Ring the doorbell instead. I usually have the music on loud.

17. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You'd probably chicken out if some man rang and you were home alone. But if it's someone low risk like a deliveryman or hot neighbor you know, it would be easy to answer in something transparent and feign innocence. Oops I forgot to think about it. And although you can show everything with the right garment, no one can claim you answered naked. The neighbor across the street would be too far away to see your body through the material but the person in front of you will see you like you're naked.

Fine mesh is really good for this. I use black mesh shorts which are see-into when close, like every detail at three feet, but by fifteen feet or so they just look like solid black shorts. I've had people look but so far no complaints. They're comfy and airy.

Have fun with this!

Joe90, Mobius_Stripped and NudistTed like this.
  18. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The cops will think you are running a peep show if you hang a sign on your door.

19. Joshua Van

Joshua Van JoshuaMN

lol i have always wanted to do that when jehovah witness comes to my door

Joe90 likes this.
  20. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

I delivered pizza for awhile, and one house the woman would answer the door in a see-through nightgown, while her husband watched your face for your reaction and laughed. I think they paid extra for her plastic surgery. They didn't tip worth a crap, and were just looking to get their best bang for their buck. I delivered to a whore house as well, and those bitches you don't even want to talk to.

Joe90 and Joshua Van like this.