Thought Defusion

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Motion, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

Anyone familiar with cognitive defusion? It's an approach to dealing with various negative thoughts you may have.

jagerhans and DrRainbow like this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

That's interesting. :)

No. Maybe you could tell us what's on the video.

I typically don't watch them... :( but you have me admittedly curious

DrRainbow likes this.
  3. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

I have some ideas but they can come across patronising.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

so, with schizophrenia, I look to coping skills with great frequency. That's how you start, and finally... one day, you overcome your thought-patterns.

From the Google definition, it sounds like a means by which we analyze our thoughts so that we can dissociate that which is inapplicable or erroneous.

I think I actually do use that... :)

DrRainbow likes this.
  5. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

The way I see it is our senses record our present and store it in the mind. One must use the memory to record the positive by recording over the negative. Replaying past positives and storing no negatives.

6. Motion

Motion Senior Member

I like that they acknowledge that we can't control most of our thoughts. So instead ACT therapy finds ways to lessen the impact of our negative thoughts.

7. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

note taken. interesting

8. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Newbie

In life, it happens that at first glance everything is good. But then everything changes . There are small troubles one after another. Gradually, everything changes for the worse. As a result, life collapses, becomes unbearable. This is how our sins, small and large, manifest themselves. Everything we have done in the past affects our future. What should I do in this situation? To ease the suffering of the soul, to save it. It is necessary to be freed from past sins. It is not necessary to carry such a burden as past sins. It's better to get rid of it. This can be done on the website found-salvation.com. Many people make their lives easier this way. It really helps.