Those who've been banned by big tech

Discussion in 'People' started by 6-eyed shaman, Aug 3, 2019.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

There have been a handful of people (especially journalists) who've had their social media accounts taken away from. Voices suppressed. Incomes reduced by up to 90%.

To me, people like this are the ones we should be paying CLOSE attention to. They're effective in the work they do. Which is why their social media accounts are revoked, so they cannot easily defend themselves from slander and criticism. They are also censored because big corporations do not want us to know about them.

Whenever I learn of someone getting the deplatforming treatment from the major information highways of the internet, I quickly follow them and subscribe to them a different way.

The media will defend this authoritarianism by saying they are censoring the hate speech of white supremacists. If that's the case, then why does David Duke and Richard Spencer still have accounts?

The people who get banned, deplatformed, censored, and unpersoned are heros

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    idahocowboy likes this.
  2. I'm still suspended from twitter. Allegedly for facetiously saying I'd kill people who clapped at the end of roller coaster rides. But I think it was because I was too opinionated about other things.

Orison likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i got banned from hipforums once. i'm a hero!

Orison likes this.
  4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's right in the TOS what you need to do and what you agree to. Most people banned from major social media are the hateful extremists which violate it. Which in modern politics some have to defend.

Free speech is good but 6 has skewed views on what it actuly is. They violate the TOS, no one is arresting them simply for what they say. So I have to lol at the whole hero thing. You can get banned on the reddit Trump forums today if you say you like Bernie. Why since it's only an opinion? it's against the community rules. The same people who go on about free speech will censor you on their major platform pretty much they and infowars are the place for right views online. They like racism, Twitter does not. Each has rules.

5. They don't enforce their rules reasonably, though. If someone says something completely facetiously, they treat that person as if they made an actual terrorist threat. The people running twitter are ludicrous.

6. unfocusedanakin

Algorithms are the first to find a lot of this. It's hard to train a computer what a joke is. Then how do we know if it's a joke when a person reviews it if they even do. Some cases are extreme but Twitter feels it can't be too careful I guess.

7. If you enforce your rules in an asinine manner that can't distinguish nuance in any way shape or form, you are an asinine company. Twitter is for twits anyway.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Every so often I get banned on Facebook for having a fake name.
    I've been banned from forums a lot.

9. unfocusedanakin

Twitter users are escaping online hate by switching profiles to Germany, where Nazism is illegal

Perez is not alone in trying to escape a sea of hate by virtually jumping ship to Germany. But local residents and researchers say German Twitter is not exactly the internet utopia some imagine.

“We are not the paradise of social media without any hate speech whatsoever,” said Stephan Dreyer, a senior media law and governance researcher at the Hans-Bredow-Institut in Germany.

While the most obvious expressions of Nazism and racism may be harder to find on Twitter accounts with their locations set to Germany, there is still plenty of coded content that slips through the cracks, Dreyer said.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

Haha. Ok.
    Suspended my original account.. No answers on appeals.. I rejoined and liked Terrence K. Williams the very first comment I <3. Instant locked.. Biased much Twitter..
    upload_2019-8-4_13-18-47.png upload_2019-8-4_13-19-24.png

11. They don't even let me browse the site.

Someone said, "I'm going to call the cops on anyone who claps at the end of roller coasters." I replied, "I'll do worse. I'll kill you." I guess it does sound just awful. The penalties of having a dry sense of humor I guess.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

just join it again.. If you have an account. sign out of it. youll need to use a [phone #.. or email..