Those of you who don't go naked

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Sammy, Jan 19, 2005.

1. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Heh heh, 's negative 2 degrees here in ol' North Carolina. That's why folks aren't nekked.

2. lyla

lyla Member

wuss :)

3. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

If the kids were with their parents or if they were old enough to keep their wits about them and were with other people or out in the open where they could be seen by others then I dont see the big deal with them going to a nude beach. They could just as easily be abused while they are clothed and people who would take advantage of them dont really care weither theyre naked or not anyways, they just do it for the pleasure of it. Nude Beaches should be open to all. Having them age restricted just emphasizes the adult nature of nudism and adds a sexual side to it and thats not what we want.

4. enjoylifeasmuchasyou

enjoylifeasmuchasyou Member

I agree with this, but your words "the adult nature of nudism" can easily be misunderstood. I know you don't mean to say that nudism is adult by nature (rather the opposite), but that is what can be read (or maybe it's because of my English).

5. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

I mean that making it age restricted by doing so implies that the activity is adult oreinted and thats what people are going to think.

6. wingedtriangle

wingedtriangle Member

so the human body the way god made it is evil is that what you are trying to say?
    that quote ferom the bible is quite vague for what we are talking about its open to very loose interpretaion

7. wingedtriangle

wingedtriangle Member

you have come to the wrong place to argue your case the body is beautiful nudity is sexual only if you percive it to be its too loose to be factual i could take that bible quote and turn it back that evil comes in falsity and clothing is meant to make you look better than you are if people think they will look better if they get this new dress then if falsity is evil clothes are falsity and therefore evil and we should be naked

8. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

I wasnt saying the body as God made it is evil, im just saying if people put age restrictions on nude beaches then people are going to think theres something evil about the nudity. I like nudity and think people should be able to go nude wherever they want.

9. Sammy

Sammy Member

Mike, he's clearly not talking to you. It wasn't you that quoted the bible. He's replying to one of Astaroths early responses, where he quoted a bible verse to us.

10. Astaroth

Astaroth Banned

Here's an excellent argument for modesty made by Melody Green of the Last Days Ministries:

http://www.lastdaysministries.org/articles/uncoveringthetruthaboutmodesty.html

Before anyone attempts to turn it around and say that the article mostly concerns itself with clothing style, note the definition of modesty (and I'd like you to argue THAT one):

Modest-Having a regard for decencies of behavior or dress; quiet and humble in appearance, style, etc.; not displaying one's body; not boastful or vain; unassuming; virtuous; shy or reserved; chaste.

Public nudity is a sinful behavior. You cannot be a Christian and a nudist.

11. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

I dont really care weither public nudity is a sinful behavior or not. If I chose to sin and supposedly burn in hell then thats my choice and I dont want someone imposing their religion on me just because what I do goes against what their God wants. If he wants me to wear clothes so badly then why doesnt he come down here and make sure I do it himself.

12. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Englands fun, cos we are all very conservative......yeah right....anyway somewhere above it said studies show kids who see nudity at a young age turn devient....um infact studies show they grow up much more relaxed about sex and nakedness to the point its not a mystery and thus feel less of a need to explore it with such vigor. But hey, i think public nudity is bad if the public it is infront of is going to dislike it, if however youare naked and they come to you thats their problem, ive skinny dipped enough times, done naked abseils and all but still im not gonna go to the public library like that :p

13. Astaroth

Astaroth Banned

Correct, it's all about personal choice. I just wanted to provide some backup for my personal choice.

However, I also think that the US government of any level should not endorse sin or sinful behavior. Given that we have a strong Christian as a President I expect it will not. I also expect that decency laws will be strengthened/enacted/re-enacted, which is long overdue. No matter how much support you may think you have, this is a Christian country with Christian morals, and it will not become a moral cesspool like what Europe already is.

14. Crush

Crush Member

Intresting thread,

To get back to the why not factor:

I've recently checked out some sites with info about nudism and I've gotten quite intrested. I don't do it for real yet, but I don't mind doing it not and then. I like the idea of nakedness or almost nakedness, it feels nice and free. I do it sometimes at home when I get out of the shower feeling warm or bath, just staying naked for a while, it's comforting and feels good. I've never walk around naked at home though, I don't want to offend other people living here who do not like it or think it's akward. I don't mind doing when I'm alone though, I guess I just havn't reached that state of self-confidence yet and don't feel ready for it.

I've never really walked naked outside, but I might do it some time in the summer, when it's warmer. I find the idea quite exciting, both ways I guess. As people said, there's always the sexuall excitement of being naked, especially the first time, feeling the air all around you. After doing it for a while I don't think it's really about sex anymore, just the comfort. Same goes for drawing. Lots of artists draw nude models and if you as a teenager do these kind of drawings for the first time, good change you'll get excited, but after drawing a while you'll just see the model as a subject to draw and the attention is pure artistically and anatomically and there won't be much left of the sexuallity, eventually you'll find the models intresting rather than some sexuall object.

I think nude beaches are kinda cool, I would like to go to one one day, but I'd rather like to have someone with me. I do think it is bad to go to public places where the rest is clothed, like a library. Obviously there will be people who think differently about this kinda thing and you should respect that.

The age thing is a diffucult thing, because I think it depends more on the person than on anything else. If a person has reached a mature level of thinking and he has concluded that being naked feel nice for him/her than this person has got the right to got to places where they practise this in a mature way. I don't think people who havn't reached this state of mind would go to such a place and if they do they'll either stay because they like it or go away because they don't and decided they wern't ready. If there are less mature people who go to such a place to peek at other people or with bad intentions the supervisors should interveign. I think there must always be supervisors in such an area and the area musn't have dark,sneaky corners, just as a precaution.

15. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

I just think we all should live and let live in reguards to our own bodies. If some of us chose to go naked in public then people shouldnt bother us anymore than we should if they wear some outfit that we just happen to find too sexual. I just want people to be able to have freedom of expression. I also think in such a diverse culture that its not really accurate to use any one religion as a basis to make laws on because there are some people who do not follow that religion and it is not fair to them.

What is sinful to one religion might not be so to another and the government should not be the ones who decides what is sinful and what isnt for a whole country. There is supposed to be a seperation of church and state and the government is not supposed to endorse any one religion over another.

I think that they will meet alot of opposition from those who do not follow the christian religion and do not feel that those things are sinful. Bush should not be imposing his christian morals on those who do not beleive in that religion.

Its supposed to be a diverse and mixed society and is not supposed to endorse one relgiion over the other as far as making laws is concerned. The government needs some other basis to make its laws on besides religion. You cant use the argument "God says nudity is sinful" to those who do not beleive in God or follow his practices.

16. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

So what if you offend them? There is nothing inherently offensive about nudity. People only react in an awkward way because of how they were brought up. Many things in society offend people or make them feel awkward, yet these things are legal or people just deal with them. Nudity is no different. If society allows people to wear sexual and revealing clothing which offends a great many then it should do the same for nudity because some people feel equally offended by it and it wouldnt be right to ban it without banning the other.

17. deadgirl

deadgirl Member

quit giving everybody a hard time about being naked. you say you are a christian and have a demons name on the forum......(?) go figure

18. Crush

Crush Member

I agree with you on the sexual clothes, which often comes close to revealing quite as much as being naked, only then with a sexual reason while nakedness doesn't have to be.

I must think about the not offending part, though. On one hand I say, I try to be social and mind other people so I don't offend them, but on the other hand it's also a natural thing and they could easily get used to it and wouldn't mind to much at all after a while, which might give a more open communication on such kind of subject. I guess the solution lies somewhere in the middle...

19. menlo1

menlo1 Member

Yeah, that figures. He's the opposite of what he claims he is. He's a wannabe Christian, a wannabe cop, a wannabe skydiver, etc. What a loser.

20. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Why not? Because I don't think too many people would approve of it in public; likewise, I don't feel my family would approve of it.