Those of you who don't go naked

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Sammy, Jan 19, 2005.

1. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

i would but i might get a cold....
    on a more seroius note, yeah i wish i could but i hate my boobs and wouldnt like people to see them.
    i also dont shave my legs so you get the picture.

2. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Just go naked inside or do what some nudists do and go in a hot tub or sauna then go outside and then go back in the hot tub/sauna when youre done, if its like freezing outside. Ive heard that works. Best thing to do is just stay inside and be nude.

Why would you hate your boobs? Im sure theyre not that bad. Im sure that alot of people would like them and even if they dont, who cares? Its their loss if they have no taste. I would just go naked and not worry about it, im sure you look lots better than ya think and nudity is fun and feels great.

So? Lots of women dont shave their legs. There isnt any rule that says you have to shave them. If people dont like your hairy legs then they dont gotta look at them, I wouldnt want them people around me anyways if theyre gonna be so picky about my body. I just think ya worry too much and dont give yourself enough credit.

3. Loki84

Loki84 Member

I'm keeping my clothes on for the minute because it's pretty cold at the moment.

4. Sammy

Sammy Member

Dudes, don't flame the answerers too much, cos I actually want to know, and don't want to put people off saying.

5. enjoylifeasmuchasyou

enjoylifeasmuchasyou Member

The same goes for you, Astaroth. And forbidding people under 18 to see each other naked is just a silly thing. It is just for this kind of attitude towards nudism and nakedness, in my opinion, that there are so many frustrated fools committing sexual crimes, rapes, sexmurders etc. The world would definitely be a better place if we were more mature and liberal with nakedness and, yes indeed, sexuality. It seems to me, European and a nudist all my adult life (I'm 52 now) that yoy Americans making more fuss about sexual things than about extreme violence, in movies as well as in real life. :(

6. enjoylifeasmuchasyou

7. Astaroth

Astaroth Banned

Actually, there are studies showing that children who were exposed to nudity and/or sexuality are more likely to grow up deviant.

Don't ask me to build a mighty moral argument against nudity, I'm a cop, not a preacher. I know what I feel is right or wrong, and I stick to it.

Yes, 18 years old is an arbitrary "maturity age" - for some it doesn't come even at (hee-hee) 33... But you have to draw a line somewhere.

I will restate what I have said, again, just to make my position clear.

Public nudity is sinful. Unrestrained sexuality is sinful. I cannot build a bulletproof argument for it, because it is only MY BELIEF.

Nudity and sexuality are also potentially harmful to children. You can research for yourself and find backup for that.

I have no business, and will never have any business forcing my beliefs upon others. Bantering in forums doesn't count - I can't force you to believe what I believe any more than you can.

However, by nature of my employment, I enforce the law in real life. I am thankful that the government for which I enforce the law chooses not to endorse sin. It may be based on religious or secular judgement, but it does not matter to me; currently, my government's values fall in line with my own, and I like it.

8. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Im sure those studies have more to do with sexuality than simple nudity. Kids see their parents and siblings nude around the house all of the time and most are not usually any worse for wear.

Thats probably because there isnt any big moral argument against nudity.

Some countries dont even have an arbitrary age for anything and they dont have problems with some things we have arbitrary ages for over here. I just think this country is paranoid and we dont trust anyone. We dont really need arbitrary ages for anything. If people are gonna do something theyre gonna find a way to do it, law or no law.

How could being in your natural state and the way you were born and the way God created you be sinful? Unrestrained sexuality can be sinful but most people are well capable of controlling their actions and if they keep their sexuality under constraint then they are not commiting sin. Maybe you just cant build an arguement for it because there is none to build.

Sure everything can be "potentially" harmful to children depending on what you do with it. Doesnt mean you should make it illegal just because its "potentially harmful". There are alot of things that are "potentially harmful" doesnt mean theyre gonna actually cause harm. Drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes is potentially harmful if you do it too much, dont see that being illegal.

I have never seen any proof that simple nudity in and of itself can harm anyone. Maybe you just have trouble distinguishing sexual acts from simple nudity.

9. enjoylifeasmuchasyou

What is especially (and not merely potentially) harmful, is the way in which adults react on nudity. That can be the cause that children learn to see it as something wrong. The problem is not with children seeing perfectly natural nudity, it's with us grown-ups (ahum ahum) making it sinful by our reactions.

10. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

If the kid is told that its wrong enough, theyll get the mindset that it actually is wrong and will think that way their whole life. Best thing to do is just treat nudity like theres nothing wrong with it from the get go and there wont be a problem.

11. enjoylifeasmuchasyou

12. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

I wouldnt egg him on, maybe if you just ignored his childish insults then maybe he would just get bored and leave you alone or go somewhere else. I think its better to just stay on topic and ignore those who like to go off on tangents and make asses of themselves. If ya ignore them then theyre the only ones who look childish in the end.

13. Sammy

Sammy Member

This wasn't how I hoped this thread would turn out. I was hoping to hear from lots of people, with reasons other than "I think it's wrong", rather than read a flame war with just one. Oh well.

14. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Hey, I replied and with a different answer than 'it's just wrong'.. I think my reply got rather buried in there, though :p

15. enjoylifeasmuchasyou

You're right. But my answer is somewhere hidden in the thread: I'm a nudist since almost 35 years, and the reason I'm wearing (few) clothes now is that it's too cold to be nude. But there's in my view no moral argument against it, I absolutely agree with NudistMike. ;)

16. Sammy

Sammy Member

I know some other people answered, but it did turn into a bit of a battle, didn't it! Everybody LOVES to be defensive of their lifestyle though eh, be it naked or otherwise!

17. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

I don't go nude in public (I wouldn't do that to people....poor people...) And there aren't any places around here where I can go nude around others. But when my roommate is out, I throw off my clothing.

I'm 19. I grew up around nudists. I don't find anything sexual about the human body really...unless I'm attracted to a certain person and then their body is beautiful to me. I'm not deviant. I'm a good citizen, I don't break laws...Not unless by deviant, you mean not Christian...I'm not Christian because I was raised Pentecostal and Southern Baptist. It's enough to make you want to be atheist.

But yea...Naked is ok...It's not necessarily beautiful but it can be comfortable...as long as you aren't frying bacon...

Holly

18. enjoylifeasmuchasyou

That's a true word Holly! You'd better wear an apron then! :)

19. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

What exactly do you mean by "deviant", Astaroth?

For society minded people like you, is being "deviant" the equivalent of being a "criminal" (a term that we probably would not see eye to eye about either)?

"Deviant" means different. To deviate from society, for example. And if you think being a "deviant" is wrong, I don't know what to think?

20. lyla

lyla Member

There are some really neat ideas here... so I'll try and contribute something...

For me, it's because it would make the people that I share this house with uncomfortable. Sometimes I go naked (or close to, this place is chilly!) in my own room, but we're renting a basement suite from this sweet elderly couple, and I know that they wouldn't appreciate it. So for me, it's out of consideration.
    Not happy enough with my body? Well, I lost the reciept for it, so I'm stuck with it and I've made my peace. :)
    I was going to in the summer at the nude beach, but stuff got a little crazy and time was lacking. And it would really depend on the friends.

Anyways, on to the other things people have said.
    I totally agree that nude beaches should not be for those under 18. For me, this is not because nudity is wrong, it is simply because there is too much of increased risk of exploitation of children then. I know they would probably be with their parents and whatnot, but the reality is that within our society there are those who would take advantage of the situation. Ideally, this wouldn't be an issue, but I don't think that children should be nude in a place that is open to all people. Of course anyone can be exploited anywhere, but that is putting especially vulnerable people in a situation that would be an easy target.

But, other than that, be nude around those who are cool with it, and put on clothes around those who aren't!