This war is wrong!!!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Chongo Blanco, May 16, 2004.

1. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

A major problem that I have with this operation is how dishonest our administration has been about the whole thing. I am sick of this "shadow government" that we have. Out government represents us, not themselves. They should act like it. Americans should be given the truth when it comes to any moves that we make.

2. Megara

Megara Banned

Interesting how you deduced that

The thread starts out with the iraqi fair, hich i say all the governments acted in their own self interest....you then jump to the ICC and the Kyoto...

As i said, Kyoto is anti american business...that benefits ALL the others...why wouldnt they be "a team player?"

as for the ICC..as we saw with Kosovo...America does 90% of the fighting...europe and canada the peacekeeping..who runs the risk of being blamed of "war crimes?" America. And as i said, america isnt going to hand over its sovereignty so countries like Syria and Lybia can try us for war crimes.

You picked *two* examples and some how want to make a point of that?

Was England, Germany and France being team players when the UN said NO to Kosovo and they attacked anyways(along with the US)?

IS australia being a team player since they havent ratified Kyoto? Is Russia?

The fact is that only 90 countries ratified the ICC(as of late last year)..thats not EVEN HALF. I guess china isnt a team player either, since they voted against hte ICC

As i said. People are team players when it benefits them..and not when it doesnt.

3. Tamee

Tamee naked

I totally agree with you. We got here in the beginning from wanting to make a complete overhaul of the entire system and build it back from the gound up, and maybe something like that needs to happen again.

4. Tamee

Tamee naked

everyone just needs to live and let live

5. Megara

Megara Banned

replace it with what?

6. Tamee

Tamee naked

I really know nothing about the war or Iraq or Saddam or the president. All I know is that if I was an Iraqi and there was a war going on in my land and there was death everywhere, I would be scared shitless and I feel bad for the poor citizens over there who are going through such times. I can't even imagine something like that going on here.

I think it's wrong to dictate to anyone else how they should live and I also think it's wrong to kill anyone unless the person killing is the one in direct threat to his life being taken.

But, of course, fear of the unknown consumes and controlls us and pushes us to act uneccessarily sometimes.

7. Tamee

Tamee naked

If at first you don't succed, try, try again.

You can't "win" EVERYTHING.

8. Tamee

Tamee naked

9. Megara

Megara Banned

thats the problem...it took how many thousands of years for us to find a good stable government...now we are going to dump it...when the western world is at its most peaceful? seems not too smart to me

10. Tamee

Tamee naked

How the hell is the western world at its most peaceful?

11. Megara

Megara Banned

nearly 60 years without any major conflict between ourselves...and no sign of any tensions that would lead to a war between us. Is there another period in history that is like that?

12. Nick

Nick Member

What exactly is your argument? Enlighten this American

Nick

13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Nick is your first language English?

14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

megara

The thing is the US could be such a great force for good but its recent history has more often as not been one of missed opportunities.

Kyoto and the ICC have a price all had to pay but the US prefers to play with itself.

Also the ICC is a matter of justice the US has not had a good record with dealing with war crimes and are you really putting the US in the same human rights grouping as China and many of the other non signatures to the ICC that fear prosecution.

15. Tamee

Tamee naked

I don't know. but that doesn't mean that how it is now is the best it can get. There's definitely room and need for improvement.

16. Megara

Megara Banned

it can always improve..but its not worth the risk to throw us all back into a hobbesian state...the improvement needs to come from within the system

17. Tamee

Tamee naked

I agree. I don't think it would even be possible to just "throw us all back into a hobbesian state". Improvement from within the system is probably be the most difficult, yet best way to do it. That goes with everything in life.

18. Tamee

Tamee naked

I agree. If the Iraqi people want to change their government, I think the best way for them would be do to it on their own. No one wants someone to tell them how they should live or govern their people. I really believe there's no reason for us to be there at all.

But us American's are control freaks.

19. Tamee

Tamee naked

Everyone should be given the truth about everything. I do mean everyone.