This stuff is serious, DO NOT FUCK AROUND!

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Tokapelli, Apr 11, 2011.

1. thismoment

thismoment Member

It's true.

For several reasons I'm smiling right now.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Why doesn't the guy have a shadow?

3. cactusmann

cactusmann Member

I am sorry to hear about a bad experience with it.The feeling you percieve is alot to do what your surroundings are when you ingest it.If you are alone or if your are paranoid it can make the trip alot worse.I have heard that san pedro is not that strong,but from my personal experience it very strong and that is only if it prepaired right.In native cultures where this plant is used ,there is usually a shaman or someone who can calm down the person and coach the person durring the experience.I think San Pedro is stronger then most of those peyote buttons you get today these days.When I consume cacti,it reminds me like a rollercoaster ride or being on a boat and getting seasick.You just have to get through it ,to feel the greater effects that come on latter.

4. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

That is definitely not the case. Peyote, even in a younger immature form is much more active than san pedro by weight.

5. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Aaaaand you seem to be talking with your anus.

6. cactusmann

cactusmann Member

I disagree,I think the Peyote cactus is only more potent then a San pedro cactus is if the plant is found growing in the wild.Any immature small young ones grown in cultivation are almost always weaker then the san pedro cactus that are cultivated.In the wild the peyote grows much slower and the alkaloids are alot more concentrated then cultivated immature ones most people have.It is hard to duplicate their natural surroundings in cultivation and most people that get those buttons get immature ones

7. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

So.... is this like, a persona of the OP, trying another tact to make it look like he's not a raging douchebag?

8. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

This is precisely the peyote i have experience with and 9 times out of ten it is far more potent than the average san pedro. Spending years working with both varieties of cactus I can say that peyote is simply stronger in effect and more potent in the amount needed for effects. Similarly wild "san pedro" and related species are more potent than the nursery variety. I have sampled these too and IME really its quite dramatic the gap in potency of fresh material. , in fact almost twice the amount of san pedro material would have to be consumed to get the same effect as a similar dose as peyote. Also there is some extremely sedating alkaloid that makes san pedro's effects somewhat dulled for the duration of the experience. Peyote does not have this alkaloid. I can eat dried peyote by the spoonful and get very strong effects, with san pedro i must ingest at least 50-80 grams dried or boil 2 feet into tea for threshold doses. Bridgesii or achuma is a little more potent but not like peyote.

9. t0aster

t0aster Member

Didn't OP say that he admitted to the cop that he had ingested an illegal substance? If so, wouldn't the cop be able to arrest him because of that?

10. Eve's Leaves

Eve's Leaves Member

I can deal with so-called "bad trips" (I've had some godawful things happen while on large doses of shrooms), but one thing I can't handle is nausea/vomiting. The nausea from San Pedro was so bad and lasted so long that I'll likely never attempt it again despite the enjoyable trip that ensued. I even used the capsule method and removed all the "inactive" stuff like the core to avoid tasting the slime and ingesting large amounts of fibrous material...didn't help.

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I did some reading and I was surprised to find this on erowid in the San Pedro potency section:

As you can see, pachanoi varies by 20X. This is not likely to be experimental error; H&B using consistent methodology came up with figures that nicely bracket all other citations. The strongest pachanoi measured is 3X the strongest peruvianus measured, and while it is less than half the strength of the strongest peyote on record it is more than twice the strength of peyote you are likely to get your hands on. The strongest T. peruvianus reported is not quite as powerful as the "usual" peyote.

I always thought that Peyote was commonly far more potent than San Pedro but I guess not, I was inspired to read this page by this comment of yours in bold. That must be some seriously weak San Pedro you have tried, 1 foot always produces threshold effects and 2 feet has usually been enough for a solid trip.

12. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

It all varies. I don't trust any one source esp erowid when It comes to cactus alkaloid content. Quite a laundry list of factors comes into play that make it vary more than what a few analysis could tell. And yes the majority of san pedro in the US the "pachanot" variety is incredibly weak. 2 feet was the standard dose most of the time starting off. I highly doubt you would be lucky enough to get a San Pedro clone that would be twice as strong as average peyote. Never in my life did i sit there with a bowl in front of me of dried pedro and tried to eat enough to get a significant experience. Why? because id be full of cactus up to my throat! 50 grams is a lot of dried material to get off. peyote i would be in for one hell of a fucking ride if i ate 25 grams...let alone 50..shit you have given me an idea for this weekend.... heheh:)

13. Eve's Leaves

Eve's Leaves Member

I just had my most powerful mescaline trip recently too. It was almost too much and lasted a very long time. What's weird is I took no more than 10" of cactus and had taken much more before but felt nothing. Wasn't expecting it at all. I reviewed the vendor in my blog if anyone's interested :)

14. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Not a "legal high", thank you very much. None of the other things you mention are "legal", or "high", either.

Go away and spam someone else.

15. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

uh oh guys....i'm fuckin around with mescaline today :)

16. cannabis420420

cannabis420420 Member

amazing story thanks for sharing :D

17. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Of course you're right, but to add to that:

I have in front of me a table of concentrations from a source I think you'd trust, but that can not be posted for copyright/authorization reasons.

These are just mescaline assays. No other components.

The Matucana cultivar (a specimen from a cutting, obtained in lima, peru) came in at 4.7% the dry weight of the cactus, and this was the full cactus. You can imagine that with these genetics, you might get very very good potency, considerably MORE than you'd need to just munch on dried outer cortex flesh. Considerably better than any normal peyote.

Juul's Giant and a long spined cultivar are the only other pachanoi's over 1%, at 1.4 and 1.2%, respectively. It also listed one peruviana, from a peruvian cutting, as 0.24%.

Then again, you very well may have read this same paper.

18. meridianwest

meridianwest Senior Member

this is why you shouldn't do psychedelics if you're afraid of what will happen. they will amplify your inner paranoia and fears. you should be calm and in a positive state of mind. also, you should trip with someone sober staying with you the whole time, so you can get help if things go bad.

also, for those who criticize erowid, it is an excellent resource site. but it can only go so far in providing you with information. it can give you facts relating to the drug, it can't give you your psychological makeup and how you will react. that assessment is for you to make, whether you should use a drug or not.

19. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Yep.

Public intoxication-- public drunk.

if you have the Power to understand Castaneda, then you know about Don Genaro and what's REALLY going on...

Peyote and San Pedro are NOT the same.

Peyote contains a variety of akaloids (PEAs), whereas san pedro inner-skin is virtually all mescaline.
    Mescaline is one thing; mescalito is ONLY available through Peyote, and that's another.

20. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Au contraire.
    You should be afraid (VERY afraid), or you'll get not.
    And for the record, 20 inches of commercial SP is a MINIMUM to trip.