This question is from my brother:

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Eavesdrop, May 11, 2018.

1. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

Why is it that vegans are always eating fake meat but people who are on the Atkins diet are not eating fake vegetables?

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Just wondering... Do you find your brother or this question witty?

drumminmama likes this.
  3. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

I was hoping I could use the responses here to have a comeback because I eat fake meat and he is asking the question to make fun of me.

4. lode

lode Banned

I reccomend the advice in the what to do about haters thread.

Would you eat corn on the cob made of meat loaf?

Corn on the loaf?

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Green meat isn't overly healthy....

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

How about some cauliflower ears and maris pipers own toes, :yum::yum::yum:

7. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

Why do vegans eat vegetables! They were living once too and do feel pain when they are cut off, some scientist have proven this. Not to mention that they are eaten while still alive. This seems quite cruel to me.

Plants can see, hear and smell – and respond

Switzerland lawmakers have even set up guidelines for preserving the dignity of plants.

I really do not understand the vegans stance, especially when you look at the long term effects it has on your health and the proper functioning of your body. 1. Tooth decay, 2. the inability of your liver to detoxify your body, 3. Your stomach stops producing acids required to break food down. 4. Ignoring your cravings is also ignoring your body telling you that you have a deficiency. 5. Lack of high level proteins, the food you eat thinking is high in protein is actually causing thyroid problems! Because it is not enough. the liver can not respond to the thyroid with a plant based diet. Supplements further contribute to this proble. 6. Lower sperm count studies have shown. 7. Vitamin A can only be found in animals. Real Vitamin A Is extremely important to liver function, thyrior, fertility, a healthy immune system, eye health and fighting fatigue.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Because that is what you might call "fake news"

meat eaters have been trying for years to put down vegans and say plants feel pain. I'm not sure where it comes from. Perhaps they think we judge them and it bothers them. But from a true scientific perspective yes plants have defense mechanisms but they lack the brain of a fish of mammal. So no they do not "feel" pain in the same way.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

what is a fake vegetable?

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

tomatoes

they are actually just fruit

drumminmama and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  11. Beach Ball Lady Balls

There are fake vegetables. Here is a video on making fake cabbage

And

The fake eggs being sold is quite disgusting too.

And this guy is pretty interesting and has first hand knowledge.

Eavesdrop likes this.
  12. Beach Ball Lady Balls

So you only believe some scientists? Are you a vegetarian!? Personally I like vegans and vegetarians and that they have low sperm counts, They will take themselves out of the gene pool. And will die early from liver disease. Overpopulation is a problem and they are helping solve it.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

His motive in asking may be suspect but the question is legit. Why do you eat fake meat? I'm not a vegetarian but I do limit my meat consumption so probably 70% of my meals are vegetarian, and i've always felt there are so many good vegetarian recipes out there that I dont really understand the need for fake meat

14. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Eating broccolli is murder.
    [​IMG]

15. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

I like the fake crab cakes and the fake chicken fingers and I like making the dipping sauces. I'm weird.

I'm not speaking to my brother anymore. He is harassing me because I left dirty socks on the dining room table. I regret moving in with him. His position is tho, that nature must have intended for humans to eat meat since we obviously have strong cravings for it as evidenced by vegetarians seeking out faux meat products.

16. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Ok here is what you can say to him. “Let’s bond and watch two videos together. One on the harvesting of strawberries and one on the slaughter of cows, chickens, pigs for meat. Then we can talk about that!”

Dirty socks on the dining room table is kind of gross. He doesn’t want sweaty socks where he eats his food.

Another thing. you can say.

Are you asking this because you deeply care about plants?

Nothing like asking a question in response to a question. That one above is the best response to the question he asked imo.

Another come back to something else he might say. I prefer to let animals live, because I much prefer to die from a violent bear or other wild animals attack than a slow painful death from cancer.

Eavesdrop and ZenKarma like this.
  17. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

I totally get what you're saying but he acted like I'd put dog poop on the table or something and he accused me of not caring about his "personal space" and then accused me of not being apologetic because I laughed.

18. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Well, he has to pick them up in order to eat or wipe down because of your dirty socks on the table. It was not conciderate of you to do so chalk it up to I won’t do that again. Moms not there to pick up after you anymore and it isn’t his job to do it. Get a laundry basket and yeah apologizes for tell him so. He shouldnt have to ask you to pick your socks up and not put them on the table. He doesn’t want to act like your parent either.

ZenKarma likes this.
  19. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Oh here is another thing you can say if he mentions you not eating eggs. I don’t eat a woman’s discarded menstrual egg, so why would I eat an chickens discharged menstrual egg.. If you like to, that is your problem.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Eavesdrop likes this.
  20. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

That question is so silly that I hardly think it merits a response.

drumminmama likes this.