This pet food recall is really starting to freak me out

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by LuckyStripe, Apr 2, 2007.

1. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I have two. They are both females and four years old. :)

I want more too..haha..

2. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

lol! i have to wait till we have a bigger place to live. my two are so active when they play that i feel even our small apartment is not big enough for them ^_^

3. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Well, I'm in the same boat. Two is plenty for this apartment.... I always WANT other ones though... if it was up to me I'd have about ten cats, haha. I don't think my husband would much like that though. :)

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

DRY catfood too now? our neighbor (and landlord)'s dog almost died a couple of days ago from that crap. i suppose with leaders romantacizing the perversion of brutality we've got to expect sickohs. it's hoomans there's too many of though. then again maybe i shouldn't say that too loud. someone, i wouldn't be surprised if they did, probably will target us next.

human foods that are proccessed in bulk, it seems likely, are just as susseptable to this sort of thing as critter food.

i think i'm gonna stay away from dry cerial for a while just on general principals.

i just had another paranoid thought, ... well i won't mention it to avoid giving miscreants even more ideas. not untill this blows over and those responsible are either prevented from repeating their crimes, or otherwise dissappear and cease and desist from them.

=^^=
    .../\...

5. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yeah, themnax, they just added some dry cat food. I think it's only a small amount of dry cat food only (not dog food), but I could be wrong. I really suspect there is gonna be more and more in the future.

And probably not a bad idea about the cereal.

6. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

The problem was traced to wheat gluten from China. Just read the ingredients list, and avoid wheat.

7. greenice

greenice Member

It is really sad, what if that happens to the mass of our food? scary

8. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I went to Trader Joes last night and noticed all the dog and cat food was taken down. I know my mom's bee playing it safe by making the dogs ground turkey instead of canned food. The dog food she uses is organic and has corngluten instead of wheat-glutten and is made here in san diego. It's only food with wheat gluten (both pet and human) that puts you at risk

9. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

10. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Iams said in the letter that Iams and Eukanuba dry pet foods contain no melamine or aminopterin, two ingredients being linked to the pet deaths that spurred the recall.

My cats eat Iams so that's why I posted that. But do melamine or aminopterin have to do with wheat gluten?

edited- Well, I looked it up further and I know now. I'm gonna keep feeding my cats the food they have now because the websites all say it's safe and they're acting fine. Plus they won't eat human food.

11. Butters

Butters Senior Member

Yea, my mom is really scared about all of this, so now she and my dad are just feeding our dog people-food, which doesn't bother him at all, haha.

12. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

my cats have meow mix. they're healthy, happy AND cheap.