This pet food recall is really starting to freak me out

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by LuckyStripe, Apr 2, 2007.

1. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

One day before they expanded the pet food recall to include dry cat food I added a small sample bag of cat food to their other cat food.... Now it seems the recall keeps expanding and expanding and I'm so paranoid one of the two brands they are eating is going to be included.

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Go to the website and see all the brands that are manufactured by that company...

If it matches... and symptoms or odd behaviour shows up, then contact the vet and the company.

3. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Thanks. I just checked again. As of now out of the two brands- one has had no recalled food whatesoever and the other has only had recalled wet food, not dry.

I guess I'm just really paranoid since they just recently expanded it to the first dry food that I'm gonna hear about it in a few days.

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I was following this story... because I like cats, more than anything :p

I actually saw the brand in the supermarket this weekend... it's amazing how some retailers (Fucken Walmart, for one) is still selling this stuff (even if the food isn't the exact one in the recall...maybe made a week or two prior to the recall or later...) but still... the recall is expanding... you'd expect retailers to take all of the possibly infected food off the shelves.

5. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Doesn't surprize me :(They're a bunch of assholes really. They did tests of some of the food and all these cats died after eating it in the lab.- But if took WEEKS after that for any food to even be recalled even well they knew it should have been.

Really makes you not trust pet food.

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

All major manufacturers care more about profit than about the clients... not just pet food.

Once in a while they fuck up... this time it was pet food.

7. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

True. But the regulations for pet food are much worse (more lenient) then for people food. I very, very rarely eat processed food myself so I feel kinda bad feeding my cats what I feed them but I don't exactly have the money to cook all their food... Plus, I doubt they'd even eat it if I did. :D

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You can always feed your cats other cats...

Encouraging cannibalism in a species will increase the chances of its survival in a case of global starvation. :D

9. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Haha. :D Well, their probably is parts of other cats in cat food... and horses heads, yummy things like that.

10. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

so does that mean i shouldn't eat my cat food anymore?

11. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Beaver cum.

It's a delicatese in France... but they use it in cat food in the US.

12. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I believe it.

And fitzy, that's up to you. It might not make you sick... I know you love your horses heads.

13. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

before the recall my dad got a sample of science diet in the mail and gave it to his 7 year old kitty. a few days later she was rushed to the vet cause she was having kidney failure. but she made a recovery and is alot better. but because the list is growing longer i have decided to change my kitties food and turn them on to natural dry food from our local organic store. hubby and i bough newman's own pet food today. they seem to love it so far. and we bought i think its petguard wet food cause we feed them each a half a can a day. they will get that tomorrow. we are going to do this from now on. i am not waiting till the last minute when their old food gets put on the list.

14. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

See, I would LOVE to do that but money wise for the next week and a half there is NO extra money and I had just bought all this food for them. But maybe I will see if I can scrap up enough money to do that. How much did it cost you (the newmans own)?

15. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Actually... know what? They've been eating their regular food for over a week and they are fine but just to be safe, I'm gonna go through ALL their food and pick out the pieces of sample food (they are bit smaller and lighter color), since I can't buy natural food (or any diff. food) now.

Fun, fun.. but it'll make me feel better.

16. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

Well here where I live it for a medium bag it was about 6.99 or so. if you go online you could get a coupon. i am going to try that. whats going to cost me is the wet food. so i may have them cut back on that so i can still feed them the natural kind but keep $ in my wallet.

17. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Thanks....

18. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

No problem. My kitties are my children so I want to try and take good care of them.

19. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Same here. :)

20. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

how many do you have? i got two. mobius: three years old & a male and sumomo: one year old & female.