this is the funniest thing ever.

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by madcrappie, May 21, 2007.

1. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

troll - some ugly dude that eats goats that wanna cross his bridge :)

2. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Heh heh :)

Anyways, no one has the right to condemn the beliefs of another provided those beliefs cause no harm to others. True Christians cause no harm, and as such, no one has the right to condemn them. Sure, they may not be developing their own personal philosophy or necessarily "thinking for themselves", but as long as they cause no harm, who gives a shit?

Seriously guys, live and let live.

I am no Christian, and I expect others to respect that, just as I respect Christians, Jews, Islamists, Pagans, ritualistic chicken-worshippers, and so on, provided they cause no harm to myself or others.

With harmony and mutual understanding within humanity, comes universal loves towards one another.

3. misterrain

misterrain Banned

In other words, exactly what you've been doing for the past few months.

4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

What tiny little example of a Christian faction can you give me to prove that they do no harm to others? A couple little groups of a hundred or so Amish people? The rest of the 99.999% Christians relentlessly push their beliefs on others by any means necessary, be it guns, bombs, food or finance, or threats of excommunication.

The core ideologies of Christians are essentially harmful and counterproductive to the human race. All Christian sins can be forgiven with the exception of two where in the person is no longer under the power and control of Church, Suicide and Denial of the holly Spirit. As long as you're a God fearing murderer or rapist, you're still a viable tool for Christianity.

Christians uphold a self-righteous moral standing that is nothing more than an illusion blind to the hypocrisy that all the injustices or “sins” in this world can be dismissed or “forgiven” because God has the final word and a master plan that will sort out every last soul in the end.

Here's an example of using God to dismiss injustice that you may find seemingly innocent:

A few weeks ago my wife was telling me how OJ Simpson was thrown out a restaurant and everyone applauded the management. I said something like “I can't believe that nobody has slit that mans throat yet”. And my wife said “Don't worry, He'll spend eternity in hell”. My wife believes in God and spirits and she knows I'm an atheist but this doesn't stop her from saying such things. Being an Atheist and knowing that God and Spirits are Imaginary vices, it does not comfort me to know that he's out living his one true provable actual life of leasure and luxury above 99.99% of the hard working public. Only in a society dictated by Christian based laws can a murderer make off so well.

5. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Thats what you get from a Polish facist. Expect more of the same from his German facist sucessor.

6. misterrain

misterrain Banned

Try 200,000 Amish people in the US. Also over a million Mennonites worldwide. And ME! Also, Reverend Lovejoy from the Simpsons. Need I go on?

I can understand that people get frustrated with the preachy ones... I do too! But even if they do annoy you, it's not like they're actually hurting anyone.

7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Except you missed the whole point I was making about how they DO ACTUALLY HURT PEOPLE!!!

They are frauds and crooks, they are misguiding, doubletakling brainwashers. They are deniers of truth, and dismissers of injustice. They are hinderers of progress. They are rejecters of responsibilities. They are slaves to their weaknesses.

If the words “God's plan” or “His time” have ever been uttered on Amish land you can be sure it was in religious denial of reality and rejection of consequences.

So I guess the question may be: If ignorance is bliss, will cutting of an ignorant man’s leg hurt him? After all, if it happens to him it must be God's plan.

With religion, Humans don't DO anything, it's either the Devils work or God's work but man really NEVER had anything to do with anything!! Yeah ignorance is bliss and denial doesn't hurt anyone, Oh except for those who are not in said state of denial !!!!

8. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Ugh, more massive sweeping generalizations...

Look buddy, every religion is going to have its con-men, and as such, those individuals are not good people that cause no harm. However, they are not representatives of the religion because they are not true Christians.

You must also realize that annoyance is not the same as harm. If someone offends you in some way, you're not being harmed AT ALL. You just need to get over yourself and understand that some people are assholes. However, if someone whacks you over the head with a steel pipe in the name of God, that IS HARM, and that action must be condemned.

There's a a difference you see.

9. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

He has no idea what a true Christian is, a true Christian would forgive the man who vegitized my brain with a steel pipe as long as he remained God fearing and a true Christian would leave "true" justice to his imaginary God. Again, Blissful ignorance for all those stricken by this mental illness called religion. If nobody is coherent enough to realize harm and injustice was done then of course in their little version of reality no harm was ever done to anyone.

You don't see the HARM unless you are standing outside of the religious daze. Those who are bricks in the wall of faith are not going to get the real point I've been trying to make. Their brains are incapable of making this connection. If anyone who reads this has ever uttered such phrases along the lines of “God will take care of him” or “He'll do time in hell” and truly believed this to be the case, you are afflicted with the religious gene and will probably never be capable of understanding why this line of reasoning is counterproductive and HARMFUL!

10. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

1. I am a strict agnostic (the only reason I'm not an athiest is because agnosticism is more logically sound).
    2. Don't EVER judge me. You neither know me, nor do you have the right to judge me when I have caused no harm to yourself or others.
    3. While I am personally opposed to Christianity (and all religions that are faith-based), I understand that others may follow religion and that is perfectly acceptable. It is their right to believe what they wish to believe as long as they cause no harm to others.

Hatred of Christianity will only result in hatred of those that follow it. Hate does not bring more love in the world.

Now then, I consider a "True Christian" to be one who loves both their God and their neighbor, one who embraces peace, and one who seeks to help others during their life on this earth. That is the essential core teaching of Christ, and the foundation of Christianity.

I was raised in a Christian home, went to a Catholic highschool, and am currently at a Catholic college (yay for scholarships). I am not religious in any way, shape, or form, but I have lived most of my life around Christians so I have come to understand that they really are no different than myself. I may not agree with them, but it doesn't matter.
    We're all simply human.

My neighbors are very religious Christians, and take their religion very seriously. However, I've never met anyone nearly as loving and caring and helpful as them. We love eachother and I would consider them to be true Christians.

At the same time, I've met many hate-filled Christians as well that are complete hypocrites, and I do not consider them to be true Christians in any way.

I only seek peace within the world, and that is not possible if I am consumed by hate towards anyone.

11. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

It's not just my view of Christianity though. It's the basic core of the religion that just rejects all the other rediculous crap that's in the bible. Seriously, there's some fucked up shit in the bible, but it has nothing to do with the core of Christianity.

Interestingly enough, the core of Christianity really isn't all that different from the cores of other major religions.

As for my university, it's open to people of all demonimations even though it's supported by the Catholic church. There are athiests, jews, islamists, agnostics, and so on that attend there. I don't have to play any "games" to get my education at all. Heh, my bad for not clarifying that.

The only thing that's a little annoying about my university is that there are required theology courses. On the plus side though, at least they're somewhat interesting courses like "World Religions" and so on.

12. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Haha, thanks for the encouragement :D

Actually, the scholarship wasn't given to me by the Catholic church. It was given to me by (drumroll please), George Bush as part of some sort of President's Scholarship program.

Ah well, at least Dubya finally did something I'm not gonna complain about :D

13. Xac

Xac Visitor

You don't need a theology course to learn and know about religion and you don't need a right to form an opinion :)

14. misterrain

misterrain Banned

I didn't miss the point at all. HOW is DISAGREEING missing the point???

WHAT truth? WHAT progress? What RESPONSIBILITIES?

You mean the truth that there is no God and we're a bunch of animals whose lives have no meaning? The truth that we have to follow the middle way before we can reach Nibbana? HOW can YOU possibly claim to know enough about the TRUTH to say that what someone else believes is definitely WRONG???

You're saying all this as if science, or whatever it is that you BELIEVE in, is like the ultimate force in the universe and that no one can dispute it. And exactly how is what we have today PROGRESS? The environment is in TURMOIL, the weapons are bigger, people are living wayyyy too long for their own good or for the good of the planet, our natural resources are dwindling... exactly how is this PROGRESS???

And what are our responsibilities? To science? To each other? To the animals? To ourselves? To the planet? How can you say you know WHAT our responsibilities are?

EVERYTHING is a matter of faith. You have yours, and Christians have theirs. You have NO RIGHT to label them like this.

You're ASSUMING that faith in Christ is based on IGNORANCE, but I say it's no more based on ignorance than any other faith! AND your claim that you definitely without a doubt KNOW THAT CHRISTIANITY isn't 100 percent true is based on ignorance. The point is that nobody KNOWS FOR SURE what the TRUTH is... so really, the only ignorance is claiming that you definitely do.

Christianity isn't about cutting off someone's leg and saying it's God's will.... Human beings have the ABILITY TO MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS. That's what happened when they ate the apple from the tree-- they GAINED knowledge of good and evil. That means they can choose to follow, or choose not to. The point is, everyone had to ANSWER for the decisions they make.

15. misterrain

misterrain Banned

I'm saying you shouldn't label 2 billion people 'believers of fantasy' without knowing that each and every one of them believes what you think they believe.

16. misterrain

misterrain Banned

WHY DOES THERE HAVE TO BE CONSISTENCY??? Why is a variety of interpretations a BAD THING? I thought you wanted people to THINK FOR THEMSELVES.

SO WHY ARE YOU NOW SAYING THAT IT'S BAD FOR PEOPLE TO HAVE DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS OF THE BIBLE???

17. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Religious minds are in control of more than 99.9% of this worlds resources. The law books of the most environmentally greedy, earth raping country in the world are based on Christian ideologies. Don't even attempt to blame the state of this planet on anything but religion. You talk about people living too long, it is Christians who are against euthanasia and birth control. I don't even have the right to end my own suffering because of religious law makers. I hate burning oil, but I have no choice as greedy corrupt religious ruled governments and administrations like the God loving Bush administration have spent Billion insuring that I have no other option but to fund his wars.

The religious mind ultimately ANSWERS to an IMAGINARY GOD in an IMAGINARY DEMENSION!! This is not taking responsibility for your actions, this is a selfish mental concoction to excuse breaking you own rules!

What proof do we have of God; hearsay, exaggerations, fictional books written by man and flat out lies. So lets have “faith” that he exists beyond all this evidence that suggests he's imaginary and leave the final judgment to our imaginary Gods. If that's not selfish dismissal of injustice I don't know what is.

Essentially and ultimately, all religions answer only to an all powerful, un-provable, superbeing. How bloody convenient is that ?!!! That's pretty God damned bloody convenient, I’d say!!

18. misterrain

misterrain Banned

How can you possibly connect RELIGION to GLOBAL WARMING? It's idiotic! If anything, it's the decline of religion that has lead to global warming... because there's less holding people back, and less moral guidance in the decisions we are making. It's all ECONOMICS.

The twentieth century, the same century which saw Nietzsche proclaiming 'God is Dead' is when we saw the human life span increase rapidly, what you refer to as 'the raping of the land', and the proliferation of the automobile.

If anything, YOUR attitude of 'I can't help it, I HAVE to do this, I don't have a choice' is what's killing the planet. You ALWAYS have a choice. Sell your car and take the bus. Ride a bike. Join a carpool. You'll save money, and you'll be setting an example for others around you.

Do you honestly think that the Bush administration puts religion before economics? I'm not saying George W Bush doesn't consider himself a Christian, just that he has other priorities that he puts first, like FUELING YOUR CAR.

19. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

First of all, your connection with higher morality and religion is a myth and complete bullshit. Morality in religion is a selfish delusional farce which I've already explained many times over!!!

Secondly I bike to work whenever I can, something my God fearing wife would never dream of doing as well as the hundreds of mostly Christians who fly by me on the road doing 50MPH! One man can only do so much in a society full of totally fucked up priorities and law makers who answer only to imaginary Gods in an Imaginary Dimension in an Imaginary Afterlife!!!!

20. misterrain

misterrain Banned

You're right. In fact, Christianity is directly responsible for Global Warming, and it has absolutely nothing to do with cars, or any technology, or air conditioners, or coal plants. It's all Christianity. Christianity produces more toxic chemicals than all the world's vehicles and coal plants combined... it's a scientific fact.

The war in Iraq is also because they're Muslim, and we need to convert them to Christianity as soon as possible. Why they're setting fire to the oil fields is beyond me... maybe because Christianity runs on oil? I mean, you always see big barrels of oil whenever you go to Church. They're usually next to the choir. And I think it's written in the Bible somewhere that SUV's are Jesus 'vehicle of choice', and if you drive one enough you will definitely go to heaven.

Also, 9/11 was a direct result of Christianity. All of those rich people in the twin towers were Christians, and they made the Islamic people mad by trying to convert them. Not many people know this, but the Pentagon is secretly a Church.... they just pretend it's a military thing so that the terrorists won't attack it. But someone must have told them!

Exactly how do you know that the people 'flying by you' are Christians???