this is so wrong

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Sugar Magnolia, May 13, 2004.

1. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i just saw on the news that an animal shelter has been killing many of the animals there for reasons like space shortages, they've been there too long, and even bc of their color. to top it off, they just throw these animals away, put them in a garbage bag and they're taken out with the rest of the trash. if one place got caught think of how many other places could be doing it, that's ridiculous

2. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i used to work across the street from the "humane" society, and there was a thick black plume of smoke rising from it almost constantly.

3. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

that makes me want to cry... i think I'm going to go to the shelter now and kidnap all the animals...

4. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

they made up some bullshit about how they had to kill numerous amounts of black cats bc they didn't want them to be part of any "sacred halloween rituals" or something along the lines of that....that's insane

5. Mari

Mari Member

It's sad, but it's common. Shelters just can't handle all the strays they get, that's why you will see them having adoption drives. If more people got their pets from shelters instead of huge pet stores, there would probably be a lot less of this happening.

You want to see something sick, you should see what a puppy mill looks like :(

6. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

man.. they could at least set them free, and give them a chance to survive.

7. Harmony_rain

Harmony_rain Keeper of the Stars

what people need to do is get their pets spaded and nutured. And also stop breading your pets together with their siblings. Sure you get a pure bred beauty, but you get an animal dumber then shit. There was a picture on the internet of a cat that was inbred from a long line of imbreds and its front paws were twisted. It's sick what some people will do for a pure bred.

8. Oklahoma

Oklahoma Member

Yeah it's really sad... My "humane" society will euthanize animals within 24 hours of their being there. :( What's funny though is that the government run place is a no-kill shelter...

9. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

My mom's neighbors have a puppy mill. Their yard is fenced off into @20 tiny cages for their different breeders. It is disgusting. I reported it to my town's "pet police." But, as far as I know, nothing has been done. They may have been fined, because if you have pets that aren't spayed/neutered in my town, you have to pay like $5/pet. The conditions are horrible to say the least.

10. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

That is MORE inhumane than euthenizing them. Pets are domesticated animals. That means they HAVE TO depend on humans for survival. You don't just let a domesticated animal go. They get into fights, they get hit by cars, they get diseases and aren't cared for, they terrorize smaller animals and humans, they starve to death they mate and produce more rejected offspring. It takes money to take care of animals, people get pets and abandon them and let them mate and produce offspring no one wants. WHO has the money to take care of these animals?

Humane euthenasia is the only thing to do, until people take their responsibilities to their companion animals seriously.

11. Omniwulf

Omniwulf Member

This folks is what drives the IN-Humane shelters of the world. People like this person. They beleave animals are so stupid that there is no way they can adapt..find food and live. there for they should all be MURDERED.

The shelters of USA Murder Millions of animals yearly just because they dont want to see them lose. Ohh the poor thing MAY get hit by a car. throw it in a box and kill it quick. thats much better.
    Ohh look a dog loose.. I dont like that. quick kill it.
    The USA is the worst country in the world on murdering animals. all out of a deep Caring for them.. what a load of bull shit. these people just dont want to SEE animals running around is the real issue here.

Lets take France..they have alot better view on how this should be handled in my view ( btw I dont like french people except for this ). They find a stray dog who does not look all that healthy.. they will take it in.. see to its medical care, feed it. and when it looks healthy again..they let it go where they found it. If they find strays who look healthy..they leave them alone or check their medical records on the dogs to make sure they have had their shots. but they do not murder the dogs just to be rid of them. and do these people have a major problem with dogs? NO. they do not.

There is few things on earth i really Hate.. I HATE the Human Socity !

12. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

;) Omniwulf, I agree with you 100% this time. You put it into words that I was not able to express. These animals are meant to survive and reproduce, and sometimes life is hard. But I KNOW for a fact they would rather be hungry, and covered with fleas than dead.
    Also cats can make it, they are well adapted to a life without humans.

Peace

13. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

you people are being stupid and naive.

Maggie was 100% fucking correct.

do you guys even know any actual veteranarians are animal experts??

No-Kill shelters HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO BE DETREMENTAL AND ABUSIVE TO ANIMALS.

Animals in No-Kill shelters experiance extreme stress and over-stimulation. these animals live for days,months,years in a concrete cell.maybe they get a nice rotted doggie house on their cement slab. then they die...lonely and one of hundreds in a shelter.

Euthanasia(done with a painless shot not a gas chamber in most shelters nowadays)is more HUMANE then psychologically and emotionally abandonment.Dogs and Cats in No-kill shelters often die from depression. THEY DIE ALONE AND UNWANTED AFTER SPENDING YEARS IN A CAGE.

Whoever thinks that that kind of life over a quick painless death is better is beyond retarded and KNOWS JACKSHIT ABOUT ANIMALS.

I'm so fucking sick and tired of people rambling on about how animals ought to be treated based on sentiment rather then actual facts and realities.

SPAY AND NEUTOR YOUR COMPANION ANIMALS! POINT BLANK! PROMOTE SPAYING/NEUTORING! KEEP YOUR ANIMALS SAFE BY BEING A RESPONSIBLE GUARDIAN! DONT SUPPORT PUPPY MILLS! ADOPT FROM SHELTERS! DONATE MONEY/FOOD/TIME TO SHELTERS!

THE REALITY IS....THE MORE TIME/MONEY/FOOD YOU DONATE TO A "KILL" SHELTER..THE MORE RESOURCES THEY HAVE AND THE LESS ANIMALS THEY HAVE TO PUT DOWN...THE MORE PUBLICITY THEY CAN GET TO HAVE ANIMALS ADOPTED...THE MORE MEDICAL CARE THEY CAN GIVE ANIMALS TO MAKE THEM ADOPTABLE.

it's common sense people. get your heads out of your arses already. there are billions of unwanted cats and dogs...they are sick and feral..they killing wild birds and other animals...they are spreading disease.

Quit blaming the system and do something to prevent the situation.

14. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

oh and cosmic butterfly....YOU KNOW THIS FOR A FACT?

you are a cat??? wow!!!! blow me down!! a cat that can comprehend and type on hipforums!!! call Guinness!!!!

let's put this into perspective shall we??

you would rather be starving and covered with painful itchy parasites that are sucking the life away from you then dead????

did you know that fleas are in the top 3 killers of neglected and feral domesticated animals????

did you know that death by starvation and parasites are some of the worst ways to die??

You fucking claim to love animals but advocate suffering over a controled painless death???

are you this dumb? seriously..are you??

you would rather suffer then die????
    you think a cat would rather suffer needlessly then die???

please....leave your lily-white suburban home...go live in the wild...dont eat and make sure you get covered with fleas and ticks.

after 2 weeks I want you to come back and tell us how you felt during those 2 weeks of starving and being bitten to all-hell and having your precious blood sucked away without proper sugar and protein intake to replenish it.

then I want you to imagine those 2 weeks as months..escalating until your body shuts down(painfully) and all you can do is lie there and wait for the rats to move in and eat you alive until you finally die.

or you can lie there and wait for the elements to kill you from exposure.

nothing like drowning in a puddle of sewage.

animal lovers my ass.

15. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

Otter, you make me wonder if you actually feel love for animals, when you can be so belligerent to other humans. Perhaps it is just warp of your immense ego, and anger. Are you on depression medications???
    I was specifically speaking on cats, dogs are a different subject for they have been truly domesticated. They are very much dependant on humans.

Go out in the wild and experience wild animals. They naturally have parasites, and other little critters. Fleas are not some demon like your ego, and they are their for a reason. Nature is complex, but not irrevelent. Anyway, those animals still live, and enjoy there life even though YOU consider it tough and so horrible.Things are perfect for them, and they accept it as their life without attachment(dogs are an exception). People like you think life is rough and cruel without an airconditioner or a hot shower. .
    Its people like you try control nature, and destroying the planet. You destroy the beauty, and you refuse to let things just be. A world without fleas, without bills, a life without yang! Why dont you go hold hands with Bush, Depression Med CO. and the millions of other people who they they know what is best for all life.
    Cats especially still exist out and in the wild, and they have been doing it for million of years even before humans. You act like it is obscene for cats to be feral!! Cats are naturally feral!
    I do know that they prefer to be living, then dead. Why? Because the animal would still would fight for its existence if it knew it's life was at risk. That is why they are here is to live on this planet and pass on their genes. The strong survive, and the weak dont. It is called survival and sometimes its not up to your standards. Its your human mindset, and ego that jumps in and wants to change things because of your silly perceptions. Once people like you accept that suffering is a part of life perhaps then you can really feel LOVE.
    Lots of Feral cats live happily in a world without human control, and they have no desire at all to join in. They hunt for prey, and live in their perfect buddha feline nature.

You call yourself animal lover? Just because you sneak a syringe in a animal to kill it doesnt mean that it is humane. Imagine if there was not that wonderful and simple euthanasia invention. Try killing that same animal to save it from your suffering with your barehands, or a knife. Then tell me if he was better off roaming on the streets, or dead.

16. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

Your experiment for me is absolutely stupid. Wandering through the forest like an idiot, or sitting on ant hill definately prove your point. :)
    If I were to go outdoors and live naturally why would I not eat? If I were a cat or dog, or any animal I would spend my time following my instinct. I would hunt for food, or scavenge. Why would I not try to control the pest population? Cats and dogs bath in loose dirt, and rub themselves on trees and grass. Nip, and itch themselves. Many birds spread there wings in the sun and lay, and they also social groom. Apes do this as well. Elephants, horses, and other animals roll in dirt/mud. I could go on together just to show you how silly your point was.
    Otter, did you forget that all animals come from the wild and not a lab. Animals werent just magically beamed into your urban home. Did you forget that your ancestors lived in the wild? Did you forget that hundreds of thousands of people live in the "wild" without electricity and hunt/gather for food still today.
    Perhaps you should leave your home, and go travel and explore the world the wilderness. Would you be able to make it a year on your own?
    I reccomend visiting the Rainbow Family and learning from nomads who live in the wild firsthand.

17. Omniwulf

Omniwulf Member

Talk about someone who has no grasp of what a animal even is. your a joke buddy.
    and who gives a rats ass about No kill shelters.. thats till just a prison and of course any animal would be upset from being locked away there.

The dogs should be left alone. not just picked up and killed because YOU dont want to see the SOB. And who the FK are you to deside if something should live or die? and for that matter same goes for that lame ass corporation HS.
    I look forward to someone looking at a fk head like you and desiding that YOU would be much better off dead and just blows your head off.

few dogs running wild actualy starve to the point of death. Dogs are quite smart and are able to take care of themselfs..Unlike yourself you moron.
    While you i'm sure would starve to death where you shoved into the woods a dog would eat just about anything and be quite happy. Just because its not hugging you..or in AC.. or it has fleas or ticks is no reason to Murder it.
    So shove a sock it in you murdering loser.

18. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

hopeless...hopeless..and more hopeless.

you guys know nothing about animals..especially domestic animals...i feel bad for your companion animals if you have any.

19. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

Oh Omni...i just realized...you are the one that advocated beastiality.

forget it.someone with your freaky mindset isnt worth getting huffy at.

20. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

It appears that you are just like most shallow minded people who make assumptions about animals. There is no point in reasoning with someone who calls themself a cynical otter. All that you have been able to do is insult others, and not really prove your point.

Animals are intelligent beings. They have, and are living without the aid of human beings for millions upon millions of years. This also includes cats and dogs. Those two species were smart enough to get along with humans, and use them for their advantage/survival. They can do without us.

Peace