This is only one paragraph of a story that disgusted me

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by LuckyStripe, May 29, 2007.

1. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

everyone is going to have their own personal opinion regarding matters like this... me for one, thinks the mother is a piece of shit. I tried being nice and not be judgmental, but damn, I see this shit on a personal basis everyday, I read the police reports, see the pictures, see the families in court at times.
    Even though I work for a defense attorney, I still find a lot of cases, just downright fucked up and they are really hard to defend.
    I've been working on a Romero motion for three days trying to find a reason for this guy who has had two prior strikes in less than two years, to not get his third strike. Just because I really think this guy should stay where he is.

2. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

Dustinthewind, I did not say YOU were harsh. I said your way of phrasing was harsh.

3. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

in Texas everyone lives in Trailors. Ive seen a $300K trailer with a $50k Truck parked in a 5 car garage.

I feel for people who have had a band hand in the game of life. But theres no sense in going all in with a pair of duces. When life hands you a lemon, I think you should get a bottle of Tequilla and some salt live for the good times in between. When someone goes over the line of taking the life of their own helpless spawn in such a way, I have no pitty. I couldn't care less what has happened to her in her lifetime. If she didn't kill herself she would deserve to spend the rest of her life in solitude, and wait for her sentence that will send her to a lake of fire.

But thats just me.

4. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

letlovintakeahold thank you... can i quote a sentence of that in my sig?

this one

When life hands you a lemon, I think you should get a bottle of Tequilla and some salt live for the good times in between.

5. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

did you even bother to read the other arguement set down in this thread, if someone is suffering from psychotic depression there thought processes won't be as clear as you have put down here.

but it must be comforting to have such clear reasoning to who is a good and bad person
    S

6. Samhain

I'd slap someone who said something like that too me, it shows very little insight into the pain that people go through and also on one hand it sounds very deep but people have to live in the difficult and the good times in life
    S

7. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Okay, Sam.. sometimes it seems we don't agree on anything and that's okay. As for me, I'm in a very optimistic time in my life..things could go downhill at any time and I spent most of my life poor, homeless and going through shit I won't get into here... For a while I was pretty negative- just kinda let life treat me however life seemed to be treating me, which wasn't good... the reason I like cheesyish sayings like that is because when I changed my mind, my life also started to change. It has made me truly believe life is but a mind game. You chose optimism and actions the entail living in optimism, then you will see results. But that is just me and why I like that. I've been through hell and back so to say (though I don't believe in hell) and I know when I changed my thoughts, I could create my reality.

8. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Ps- of course people go through pain but to wallow in pain I find sad... to take pain and use it to create something beautiful, I believe is divine. :)

9. Samhain

thats not what LetLovinTakeHold was doing, S/he was simply coming up with a quick witty little saying, these things are designed to say to people when one is uncomfortable with the situation as its basically a polite way of saying 'get a grip' and by saying something like

it puts a distant between yourself and the person that is going through difficulties this is a safe distance so one doesn't get too involued.

Also lets take that saying a face value, Lucky next time you go through pain my advice to you is hit the bottle, avoid your problems completely, because of course that works beautifully.

thats how crass that saying sounded to me
    S

10. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

But you're taking that saying literally. I see it as the saying "if life gives you lemons make lemonade"- you may think that saying is cheesey also- and it is. Saying like that, when I was going through REAL tough times pissed me off, but as I started to control my own reality I realized that cheesey sayings like that are correct- when life shits on you, use those things for your own good- build yourself up, become stronger and wiser and grow.

That's how I see sayings like that... silly as they are. We just have different views.

11. misplacedmindhippie

misplacedmindhippie Member

that is SAD!!!!!
    How can people b so cruel and disturbed?

12. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

it would have been better if she had taken a 12-gage and blew her face off