This is only one paragraph of a story that disgusted me

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by LuckyStripe, May 29, 2007.

1. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

So murdering three or four babies is not disgusting???? Seriously Sam.

You know that's what I meant. I never made a trailor comment. I've lived in a trailor.

It's disgusting to kill children and I will not stand up for people who kill children! Period. (there is too much help out there)

Now I'm even more sick for being attacked for thinking murdering children is disgusting.

:puke:

2. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

neither did i, that doesn't even factor into this debate
    S

3. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Well, other people at the beginning talked about the trailor issue. But let me just ask you this, Sam- Do you not think it's disgusting to kill children?

And if you do, then how am I being harsh?

4. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

How about some empathy for the liitle kids who's last memory was being hanged by a crazy lady who

A. had too many kids she couldn't handle

and

B. apparantly did not see that the family had enough money or the proper situation to raise them right

The kids did not ask to be born, once you have kids you had better either figure out a way to support and raise them in a healthy manner, or give them up for adoption.

Of course, blame to goes to the "fathers" too

5. Samhain

I think your thinking in absolutes in black and white and I don't think that can be applied to cases like this.
    have you never heard of loving the sinner but hating the sin?
    of course I think its terrible that children have been killed, I think its even more tragic that one little girl will grow up with that as her legacy, but I absolutly refuse to judge the mother for this, because you and I will hopefully never know what type of hell she has gone through.

And Lucky I am speaking my mind, that may be hard for you to hear, but I actually don't think I am attacking you
    S

6. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

That's awful. Poor mom and poor kids...I know a lot of people are saying what 'trash' the mother is...but where was the father in this? If he is absent imo he is an accesory to murder and a culprit for assisted suicide.
    Also Ryan...why do you assume everyone who lives in a trailer park is white trash? Most units around trailer parks here can easily go for 500k plus...an amount I know I could never afford and I certainly do not consider myself white trash...a little bit trashy maybe...but that's different :D

7. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

right before I saw this I was gonna quote him, and make a joke about being from a tralier park :D

8. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I agree with this also even though I do partially blame county mental health, social services and the father. Texas has awful social services and little help for those with mental illnesses.

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

trailer parks in california are much different than trailer parks here in tornado alley.... only trashy people have the balls to live in a trailer park during tornado season, cuz they cant afford anything else

10. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

this is just a tragic case all around :(

but i do also wonder where the fater was in all this

11. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I have an aquitance who lives in a trailer park in Kansas. He runs a Boys & Girls Club and donates the rest of his time and money to his non-profit, which helps adults with disabilities gain employment. He could if he wanted to afford a decent home, however he sees no value in his money unless it is spent making the world a better place. Granted this is not the norm...but there are always exceptions tot he rule. I really value people who live a minimalistic lifestyle and wish I could be more like that.

12. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

No, you're just different then me. You won't judge someone for killing innocent children because she has (or had) problems... I, well.... I could give a fuck what her problems were- although I'm sure she had them. When she decided not to get help and kill children, that is when my empathy goes to the children (and yes, the surviving child is included) and not her.

13. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I would NOT live in a trailer park in kansas. I did for a year and a half and it was the scariest year and a half in my life. one night there was a storm rolled through, and I thought I was gonna die...... the whole trailer would shake when there were 25 mile an hour winds

14. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

empathy has never been my forte. i've had a hard life, i've been through quite a lot. i figured, hell, i'm still alive and haven't hurt anyone, so fuck everyone else. i've never been vicious before. but anyone who was here when i was going apeshit over poor trish will know, i developed some massive rage issues. people can complain about how there's no help for those with physical medical problems, but there's very little support for those with mental health problems when those problems are considered "self inflicted." it's bullshit. and one of the problems with psychosis is never realizing you have a problem. if there's no one around to notice that you're unhinged, what the hell are you going to do? who knows?

i think it's supremely hypocritical to bemoan the loss of those tragically murdered babies and not bemoan the loss of the tragically self-murdered mother. i know what it feels like to lose your mind to hormones. it is insanity. i know what it feels like to lose yourself and have no idea what's going on, and my case was extremely mild. i still fight it occaisionally. i can only thank the universe and fate for giving me the people it did.

15. Samhain

I couldn't agree with you more
    S

16. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I just saw the story on the news. They talked about it for about 1.5 minutes and moved on to sports, which they have been talking about for at least 10 minutes. People need to learn the concept of priority:rolleyes:

17. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Haha, I guess I'm a hypocrite then. :D

I do think it's sad that she died and did what she did but I'm not gonna sit around and feel sorry for a murderer. That's just me though. *shrugs*

18. Samhain

can we just take a few steps back, do you agree that you haven't been attacked on this thread?
    S

19. SunStoned72

SunStoned72 just kidding

exactly.

The mother was working, maybe she was trying to better herself.

I agree that what she did to her children was horrendous, but blaming it on poverty or being a young mother with too many children is wrong. It's society's fault IMO. No one is there for these people who have too many babies, who might be mentally ill, have post traumatic stress disorder, a history of sexual abuse (probably the reason for all the children), and drug or alcohol problems.

It's just frightening ... the potential for evil that is in any one of us.

I could cry for these kids easily.

My sister has a friend who's sister impaled her child with a broomstick. Nice family of origin. But an ill person who had intense and wicked hallucinations.

Many of the moms that I work with have been in similar situations with mental illness, and have lost custody of their children due to the inability to care for their children. Very nice women, and wonderful parents the second time around with proper supports in place.

20. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Truly attacked? No, of course I haven't been. BUT, when you said I was being harsh- it felt like an attack because I see it from the opposite side.

and by you saying something about my use of the word "disgusting"- which, seriously... is this story not disgusting?

*shrugs*