This is my favourite breakfast

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by cerridwen, May 24, 2004.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I take a container of plain yogurt, and strain it in some coffee filters over night, so it turns into a cheese by the next day.

I mix 1 cup of that with 1 diced banana, half a cup of granola, and a couple tablespoons of shredded coconut. Yummy!

2. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

yum....this sounds quite good....

3. Mari

Mari Member

Yup! :)

It's really good with mint too...you could also put a little of that hot sauce on it :)

4. scarlettchasingroses

i don't like hot sauce with my sweets....

5. Mari

Mari Member

Noooooo...I wouldn't either lol

This is Arabic as well..hehe...anyway you can add anything to it and use it like cream cheese although I wouldn't bake with it. I add garlic to it and use it to serve with meat kabobs, or mint like I said above. If you are going to go savory with it you could put a little hot sauce with it. It's really gooooooood :)

6. scarlettchasingroses

right...i remember you mentioning the yogurt cheese in the old forum....want to post that recipe again?

7. Mari

Mari Member

The one that's posted is pretty much it, unless you want to make your own yogurt. Then it takes 2 days from start to finish. I can't remember if I posted the yogurt or if it was just like this one. I make more because there are 6 of us so the coffee filters don't hold enough lol. I use a big strainer, paper towel and 2 or 3 containers of yogurt.

Don't use the stirred flavoured stuff though...lol...I thought I was being smart and I was going to have this nice pink cheese...not! What a mess! LOL!

8. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

sounds good but doesn't it go bad?

9. Spinner

Spinner Member

Sounds edible.