This is just sad!

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Marokko, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Marokko

Marokko Member

2. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

I just posted that on my online journal... well the web address.. right after I was done seeing this... That is so fucking stupid... That would be like talking about every teenager...so I guess if those signs are right (sarcastic of course) then every teenager is a goth... and should get help.. haaaa haaaa

3. nitemarehippygirl

nitemarehippygirl Senior Member

dude, that's a joke. it's gotta be.

"Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this." hahahaha......

:p

4. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

pssshh...shows what they know...its Count Chocula :p

5. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Hahahahahaha!

Oh man, I was totally going to say that, but you beat me to it!

Right on with the awareness. =)

6. MrRee

MrRee Senior Member

Funny there's no mention of "Blood Sacrifice", "Fixated on Crucifixion", "Believes without question", "Obsessed with Religion,Church", "Intolerant of any but self and own kind", "Intense Fear of Damnation", "All good comes from own belief, All Evil comes from any other belief", "Is Included in Chosen Ones", "Loss of Reason", "Inability to express sexuality", "Refusal to Think Objectively, Rationally, or Independently", "Denial of Personal Freedom", "Satan Mentioned more often than God in Bible".

An interesting conjecture at this site, and IMHO worthy of some consideration ~
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_suic.htm

7. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If your child becomes a goth they many not be worshipping the devil....

....but they may indeed lack an imagination....

8. Xac

Xac Visitor

this is funny because it sais in the list if 5 or more are applicable then seek help. Hell i could think of 5 of those things that could (quite possibly) apply to the pope.

1. Drinks Alcohol (wtf? Red wine is the blood of christ)
    2. Sleeps to Excessivley or too little
    3. Demands an unusual amount of privacy
    4. spends large amounts of time alon
    5. Requests time alone or quitness.

So if the Pope has a few bad nights sleep then that would make up 5 making him a goth!

9. nitemarehippygirl

nitemarehippygirl Senior Member

LOL

interesting site, mrree. i remember a conversation with a friend a long while back about the suicide rates of homosexuals. like the charge argued on the site, she also claimed that the high rates were "proof that homosexuality is abnormal and sinful". totally ignorant. how about the fact that people like her consider it to be abnormal and sinful making people want to die? bah. :rolleyes:

10. MrRee

MrRee Senior Member

That's the point aint it DreamGirl? But the perpetrators never seem to get it!
    Can you imagine being born homosexual in a dogmatically religious home? OMG!! It would be like being an impala living with lions.

11. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

OMG that's too fucking funny. Well, according to the link, I too am a gothic teenager. So is 90% of the people I know. So lame.

12. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

wait.... you arent?
    **adds cerridwen to crummy'd to do list**

13. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I think it's funny that they worry so much about "Satan's temptations" when money, and power, are two of his biggest temptations that are embraced by Americans in general. These churches [might] preach not to put money first, but, 5-6 days of the week are for economic gain, one day is for spiritual gain. And I bet even the preachers, reverends, and priests have color TVs, stereos, and cars. All the "holy men" I ever knew did.

Face it, Money is the new God, and even the church worships it, in their actions, if not in their words.

Anyways, so many of those "warning signs" are lame and very general. "drinks alcohol" "does drugs" "misbehaves at school" "insists on spending time with friends without adult supervision" (WTF???) "masturbates".