This Is Important Please Read!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by cerridwen, May 13, 2004.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

This is an email I received and forwarded to everyone I know, I thought I'd pass it on to you guys as well, if you could forward it to everyone you know who has pets.

Swiffer Jet Causes Dog Poisoning/Death

I recently had a neighbor who had to have their 5-year old German Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy until a few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy done to see what the cause was. The liver levels were unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested poison of some kind. The dog is kept inside, and when he's outside, someone's with him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe. My neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When he got to the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated "may be harmful to small children and animals." He called the company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was astounded to find out that anitfreeze is one of the ingredients. (actually he was told it's a compound which is one molecule away from anitfreeze).

Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the solution, then licking it's own paws, and the dog eating from its dishes which were kept on the kitchen floor cleaned with this product, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy its liver. Soon after his dog's death, his housekeepers' two cats also died of liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick cleanups on their floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as many people as possible so they don't lose their animals.

2. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

damn my old dog ate a few roach motels that were under the stove and didnt die. i bet she was pretty fawked up tho...........................

i cryed cuz i thought she was gonna die but she got a little silly for a while and then perked right up

4. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

sorry for posting it then... a friend fwded it to me, and she said it was pretty reliable info...