This is crazy.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by SagaciousKJB2, Aug 1, 2004.

1. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

Well, all through out the internet I've heard that you need to use MH, HPS, or Fl lights, and have 50-60 watts of light per sq. foot. I've had people tell me that anything less just woudln't be sufficient. I've also had peple tell me that growing with something like a 13 watt FL bulb is impossible.

Well, my friend knows several local growers who beg to differ, and offered me some bud from a 4 plant grow they did, that only used 30 watts of FL light. And surprisingly, it was good.

So, what's with all this faulty information?

2. NewNoise

NewNoise Member

people tend to get their shit mixed up a lot. when we grew, we used 4 bulbs for 2 plants, and i believe they were 60 watts. thats for both the flourescent and the non-flourescent (I forget what they're called). if youre having troubles, i can ask my boyfriend, because he still has the lights, and i can get back to you. just leave me a private message. also, you might want to try www.erowid.org, and look under cannabis, obviously. anyway, i hope i can help. later.

3. NewNoise

NewNoise Member

this is the website where we learned to do everything we had to to grow. these people wont bullshit you either. www.overgrow.com and next to the title, go to forum. and if you need seeds, or you want more, you can get them free at www.johnnyreeferseed.com. well, im pretty sure its at .com. anyway, again, good luck, and i hope i helped.

4. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

I have grown under a 20 watt flourecent, a 175 halide, a 150 shp and i now have a 430 shp. Nothing compares to lumens and watts. You are tring to recreate sunlight for the plant, and the more lumens the better.

Im pushing 580 watts in a 2x4 area ,and still have no comparison to the ones that are in sunlight.

5. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

50 watts of light per ft is whats needed in flower to allow plant its chance at growing to its maximum potential and 25 in veg.You can grow under anything less but yields will be less as well.

6. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

The link you gave goes to a i Friends .Just thought you might want to know.

7. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I will look today and if i find it i will put the link up.

8. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

Really? See, I was told that they just woudln't grow at all. How much yield could I expect per plant?