This from a letter to the Register-Guard today:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scratcho, Dec 11, 2017.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This from a letter to the editor in the local paper today: In our country we have the same forces that President Franklin Roosevelt warned us about when he was acting as the peoples president. Roosevelt called these forces economic royalists and said: "Through new uses of corporations, banks and securities--the whole structure of modern life was impressed into this royal service."
    His vice president, Henry Wallace, warned us of another force characterized by an appeal to prejudice and "by the desire to play upon the the fears and vanities of different groups in order to gain power.."
    He decried their lust for power and "intensity of intolerance toward those of other races, parties, classes, religions, cultures, regions or nations. They claim to be super-patriots, but they would destroy every liberty guaranteed by the constitution." "(Stated by the writer of the letter: "Now that our majority leaders stated quite plainly that they are serving the current economic royalists and not we the people, we must, as Wallace said "with the greatest intensity vivify the spiritual processes which are both the foundation and the very essence of democracy."
    ME: So --this has all happened before. It happens when the same type of "money to meat all costs" gets control of the government. Again and again. And believe me, the right wingers have wanted to ALL vestiges of the new deal Roosevelt had the good sense to implement in a time of citizens needs.

MeAgain and Tyrsonswood like this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Fuck--"money to me