This forum does still not have the 'feel' of the old one

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bird_migration, May 17, 2004.

1. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

I'm a professional Web designer and I know what is wrong with this new site — it's the design. The new design isn't suitable for the content of these forums. It's too clinical and not personal enough. It's more like an accountant's forum than a hippie forum. I could come up with something much friendlier. If any admins are reading this, get in touch.

1 person likes this.
  2. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hmmm....well comparing the old forum to the new reminds me of the two health food stores by me (this has a point.....bear with me). One of them (Heritage) has been around forever, is family owned and has a very homey atmosphere. I just love shoppin' there; it has a certain "feel" to it. Now the other store (Sunrise) just opened about 6 months ago and it is all shiny and new and is not family owned....it's a chain. They carry pretty much the same products as the other store, but it just feels kinda....I dunno.....cold maybe? In fact Tues. I went shoppin' and my hubbie happened to call me from work as I walked in the door and when I told him I just got back from the health food store he asked which one. When I told him I went to Heritage 'cause I like it better he said "Yeah, the other one is just too corporate". He really hit the nail on the head there.

Although I DON'T want to come across as a whiner 'cause I really do love these forums and appreciate that they are here and all the work it takes to keep 'em runnin; they kinda give me the same feelin' I get with that second health food store. Oh well, no big thing. Just another case of "don't sweat the small stuff" ;)

Okay, ya'll can go back to suckin' armpits or whatever else you've been up to while I've been typin' this :p

3. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

*snooze *snooze* snooze*

Did somebody say something?

4. 7river

7river on a distinguished path

that won't happen. you would have to approch them.

i wonder how much you could alter vbulletin? i really don't explore much to know what other forums look like. but i have run across a couple and seemed hipforum(old) was unique. it was home...but as said before, the people do make the forum...and i do like the people...i will stay for the people:)

5. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I totally agree with ya about how it's the people that make the forum, 7river, and I also stay 'cause of them. All of 'em except Bug of course :p (j/k bug)

6. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

One thing that bugs me about the new format is the black lettering on the blue background.

7. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

I get eyestrain after about 3 minutes.

8. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Yes... welll.... we have made it thru the birth.

Now comes the growing pains... arms and limbs will regrow, stretching and causing some discomfort to various areas...

but all in all growth is good, and when the decorating team arrives you will notice many good things for all....

My avatar seems to fallen into a hole :dizzy2:

1 person likes this.
  9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

if the average users online gets back up to 70 or so, with about 2000 guests, i'll be less worried about the forums. still have old forum nostalgia, but everyone seems to be adjusting ok

this is one of the best uses of necroposting i've seen on the forums, btw

2 people like this.
  10. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i don't care for the i spy format.....cursing over someone';s name to see what they are looking at feels like an invasiuon of privacy to me, but I know alot of forums have that....My old forum had that as well.
    so just got to live with it, I guess.

11. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

On the old forum you could see what everyone was doing anyway by using the "who's online?" feature.

12. Moonglow181

I never really explored that there, as I was not into spying on people.....but I always felt eyes on me there. It got uncomfortable...and to the point where no one was looking at anything much or saying anything that much, either.
    I say to hell with that. I have nothing to hide.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

having to scroll thru 30 posts.

lack of background textures.

image extensions blocked.

smiley list missing weed smoker and coffee..

copy and paste is troublesome.

friends buddy online list missing.

link disable button wont disable multiple links.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I agree :D btw, maybe this helps: I'm not worried about the number of online users because I am not looking at it :p

It seems you can set it to private. I don't know how but I noticed other people have it. It's probably an option somewhere in your personal settings! ;)

15. Asmodean

Can't neg rep or dislike posts :(

1 person likes this.
  16. Moonglow181

and I still do not have my old emails back...oh, well...I will copy and paste anything that is important to me for the future in my own emails.

17. Asmodean

I also miss the 2 thumbs up smiley.

18. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

it doesn't feel the same, but this software is really better in every way :)

1 person likes this.
  19. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

thats kind of funny you can see that because i dont have that feature ha