Third acid trip has left me less than satisfied

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by peaing, Nov 4, 2019.

1. peaing

peaing Members

Hello all :)
    So I tripped on two tabs (150 ug each) yesterday, and had marijuana handy to help with the anxiety, but somehow I did not experience the euphoria and a lasting sense of well-being. I also don't feel very positive and at peace like I did after the first two trips (especially when I took two tabs the first time - it was a deeply therapeutic experience), in fact, I'm left feeling a little underwhelmed and slightly sad.

Has this happened to anyone? What do you think went wrong?

TIA!

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Set and setting are very important aspects to consider when exploring LSD and psychedelics. Their effects tend to be more variable and less linear than most drugs, so you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect acid to be some type of way.

Setting up favorable conditions with a good mindset is about the best you can do and perhaps exploring the trip unadulterated, without marijuana, might allow you to glean some insight into some of the adverse aspects of the experience.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    peaing likes this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

That darn stuff...

I used to have blotter around a lot in sheets. I was of course one of several connections available for people who were hallucinating at my high school. During that time it was so accessible that I made some interesting discoveries over the course of about 20 or so trips; which is kind of a lot in acid trips. Everything is relative, but anyway... one thing I discovered was you don't ever have the same trip twice. And sometimes the trip doesn't feel as strong even though the dose was the same. That said, there isn't a good way to measure what's on a hit of blotter. You could be getting something that was evenly dipped or something that was sprayed unevenly with a water bottle! :) (I actually don't know how they do that part; though I suspect dipping...).

The point of telling you this is to try and get the wheels turning about this stuff. You could try waiting a little longer between trips. It may be that acid uses up some neurotransmitter or other when you trip and that you run low and your body rejects the stuff when there isn't enough. Or maybe it's a serotonin thing. @guerillabedlam may know more about this. Or you could try erowid. Erowid LSD (Acid) Vault

peaing likes this.
  4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

This has happened to me when I had a rougher trip. It's not the LSD itself gave me a crash. I was just full of thoughts of something I needed to change. Life is not good since I did not fix this. That is my personality anyway: I need to correct a problem before I can be happy.

LSD shows you things good and bad. Set and setting. I don't think you can promise it will be a happy feeling like MDMA. The nature of the drug and how it stimulates our brain means it can get unpleasant. But through that you can still find a positive.

See Emily Play and peaing like this.
  5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

LSD is not a monoamine releasing drug so it doesn't deplete neurotransmitters. However, the receptor sites which are affected become saturated, which I think essentially equates to tolerance, so waiting some time between trips is good advice for the full range of effects.

LSD's primary pharmalogical activity is at the 5-HT2a receptor site which is a serotonin site and is thought to be responsible for a lot of it's effects. LSD targets several other receptor sites and types as well and this spread out activity gives a complex dynamic that I'm not sure is fully understood as of yet.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Jondell, peaing and soulcompromise like this.
  6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

soulcompromise likes this.
  7. Jondell

Jondell Members

Sounds like you need more !
    Take 5 hits and add to 5 ounces of vodka, then you can know it is all the same strength.
    Then choose the dose
    J

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Then again, you never know in this day and age what people will put in drugs.

wrat1 and Jondell like this.