Thinking of proposing a threesome to my boyfriend..

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by lace_and_feet, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

The idea has always been curious to me but I've never really seen it as a real possibility until last night when I was thinking to myself as I was falling asleep. I'm pretty sure he'd be up for it; we've talked about it a couple times before, but more as just fantasy than reality. We've both agreed that we'd like it to be a two-male one-female situation. I guess the main thing I'm worried about is that he'd be against my choice in a third person: one of his good friends. It's not that I'm particularly attracted to his friend, it's just that I like the kind of person he is and would feel safe and comfortable with him as part of the experience.

I'm not really looking for advice; my boyfriend and I (and his friend, if things go well) will work this out ourselves. I just wanted to get it off my chest.

2. Goddess_on_my_Knees

Goddess_on_my_Knees Member

3. lace_and_feet

4. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

sounds great, and i second the good luck :)

5. RimmyDelicious

RimmyDelicious Member

good luck, it sounds a bit dangerous to me...not physically dangerous but emotionally.

6. lace_and_feet

Thanks.

But Rimmy, why does it sound emotionally dangerous? I'm not taking offense, I'm just genuinely curious and encourage the feedback.

7. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Q:
    A:

8. lace_and_feet

We talked about it earlier today. I didn't mention that I had his friend in mind. Instead, I asked him who he'd feel most comfortable with, and it turns out that he had the same person in mind! So, so far so good. The conversation actually opened the door for a lot of things we had had on our minds, so it was good that we talked about it in any sense.

9. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

lucky girl! I hope it all works out well for you... from what I've heard from other people, it's a good idea to lay down some rules before hand. ie who can go where, who can't go where, what activities are simply no go for anyone. and make sure you have plenty of condoms on hand :D

10. Bella_Donna

Bella_Donna *Femme Fatale*

I think involving a good friend of your boyfriend's may result in some undesired outcomes. I find it better to have strangers involved, things don't as get awkward that way.

Steve Ha likes this.
  11. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

RE: I guess the main thing I'm worried about is that he'd be against my choice in a third person: one of his good friends.

As someone who's not gay, I don't take it up the ass, but I'd imagine if I did I'd be pretty choosy as to whom I did that kind of thing with. If you're gonna propose having two men and you, maybe it might behoove you to consider that he'd want to be comfortable, more so than you, with who you bring in.

12. GypsyPriestess

GypsyPriestess Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

13. hippypaul

hippypaul Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Welcome to the wonderful world of non-traditional sex - Hope all goes well and a good time is had by all.

14. daisiespirit

daisiespirit Member

Make sure that everyone is on the same page and has the same expectations.
    It can bring lots of pleasure and add plenty of hot spice but also can cause damage that can't be fixed. Good Luck, have fun and enjoy!!

15. lace_and_feet

Thanks for the input, everyone.

Ihmurria, yes putting down some rules is a good idea and we have already talked about it a bit. And condoms will definitely be used. [​IMG]

Bella_Donna, that's a good point, one that my boyfriend and I have discussed thoroughly and are still possibly considering. The thing is, we want to be comfortable with the person and know where he is coming from in terms of sexual and emotional background. The reason we both chose him is, because of the dynamic of our relationships and just the kind of people we all are, it would be very unlikely to have that after-the-fact awkwardness.

Irongoth, the two-male one-female situation was originally more of his fantasy than mine. And like I said earlier, though you may have missed it since it was on the bottom of the first page, when I asked my boyfriend who he would want as the third person, without knowing who I had in mind, he said that he'd want his friend (the same one I was thinking of).
    But I understand what you're saying about making his comfort more of a priority than mine given that he could possibly be in a more delicate situation. I have left it completely up to him with no pressure either way. We're both still deliberating, in fact. Oh, and to add to your comment, there will most likely not be any anal involved. We're just talking traditional and oral here.

And thanks again to everyone. The comments and constructive criticism are all really appreciated; this isn't something I want to go into blindly so it helps having a few devil's advocates.

16. urbangal

urbangal Member

Damn......

Er.....

Can I watch as a fourth? *g*

17. lace_and_feet

LOL urbangal!

18. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Is your bf bi?

19. skybird

skybird Member

My advise here is don't do it. A sexual relationship, even though it's one time, is ignited with so much emotions there is bound to have something go wrong. Pretty soon there would be jealousy all around and it would eventually be YOU as the main victim.

20. LuvlyLolita

LuvlyLolita Member

Sounds like fun... I'd love to watch as well! ;o) Threesomes, with the right group is very f-u-n, fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.