Think My Gf Saw A Ghost, Don't Have The Heart To Tell Her.

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Justme516, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Justme516

Justme516 Members

So my girlfriend and I are dog sitting for my cousin at her house. There has been a car parked in the driveway that my cousin said they were watching for a friend, but I didn't ask why.

So last night was our first night and I was parked in the driveway behind this car. This morning my girlfriend told me when she woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom she could see out the front window somebody all in white was circling around the two cars. My first thought was somebody was planning on breaking into them, so I asked why she hadn't told me. She said she thought her mind was just playing tricks on her cause she was so tired.

Well today my Mom tells me that the car belonged to my cousins friend who was in a minor car accident that ended up killing her, just last week. And they are keeping the car here so the daughter won't get upset seeing it in there driveway until they sell it.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so why would you need to hide this from your girlfriend? i wouldn't believe you for a second if i were her, but i would still be interested in hearing the story.

3. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Because she will probably get scared.........

2 people like this.
  4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Ghosts don't exist, so it was probably just her imagination.

2 people like this.
  5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

That's really nice you don't want to scare your gf...I'm thinking (like Ash said) that is probably why you didn't say anything to her about your new found info.

I'm curious if you are certain that your gf would be scared if you told her what you know.

I've seen ghosts. Its not something I seek and I for damn sure am not interested in joining Ghostbusters, INC. ;)

I'm just saying it happens, and unlike people who state "ghosts don't exist"...I believe they do.

The lady may be confused and/or looking for something in the car. It makes me wonder if there is something in there that she would like someone (like her daughter or friend) to have. I'd suggest somebody go through the car thoroughly before selling it. :)

2 people like this.
  6. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

I LOVE this post...cuz it says so much about humans. FIRST decide what you want to believe, SECOND pick and choose which experiences you will accept so as to support your beliefs. This is what 99% of humans do.

This is why the process of understanding what reality truly is has taken humans so long. Most humans don't WANT to understand reality. They merely want to make reality conform to their beliefs.

3 people like this.
  7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So who's going to inform the ghost living in my house that she doesn't exist?

4 people like this.
  8. morrow

morrow Visitor

You look at stars, then someone tells you, it's not actually there any more , that's what I believe ghosts are, I can't explain why I believe that.
    I've seen ghosts, but I don't believe they hurt you, only if your frightened, but that's you, not them!

1 person likes this.
  9. Justme516

Justme516 Members

I don't want to tell her just because I do not want to freak her out. The craziest part of the whole story is that this lady only got into a tiny fender bender, and she got killed when she got out of her car to look at the damage . That's why I'm so convinced she saw a ghost because she said the person In white was walking around the cars looking at them, and my girlfriend has no clue about the circumstances.

1 person likes this.
  10. zengizmo

I have had contact with supposedly "evil" spirits...and I think you get a LOT Justme516. If she would just freak herself out, then she is not ready to deal with this reality. There is no point forcing reality on someone who might destroy herself because of it. I have been in this situation also.

11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Would Tell Her. I Think Your Story Is Well Worth Discussion....... :)

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  12. zengizmo

Well, Glen might have something there...

I mean...this is partly about relationships, right? And about your spiritual path...with your significant other...seems like maybe some talk might be needed...if you
    truly want to be with this girl... ;)

13. zengizmo

Cuz if you start keeping secrets, where is that shit going to take you? Why would you want to be with someone from whom you need to keep secrets? :)

14. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

i still don't think he should tell her. Why would anyone deliberately want to frighten someone they love? That isn't very nice at all.

15. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

The thing is...he doesn't really KNOW if it would frighten her that much or not.

The gf did see this "lady all in white circling the cars", and then she said it must have been her imagination since she was tired. However, I think she must know on some level she DID see something. Perhaps discussing it right after that wasn't her cup of tea. Now after a few days, she might be more up for an honest discussion.

Regardless of whether a boyfriend of mine would think I might get frightened or not, I would really resent him having that knowledge (that Justme has) and not telling me.

I probably shouldn't say this - but my "new" me wants to...if the girlfriend is such weak sauce that she can't even handle a discussion of what she may have seen, I wonder if she would have the strength or spine to face a truly serious issue.

1 person likes this.
  16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I'm Glad Your've Found A "New Me " Lyn.......The "Old You" Was Looking A Bit Rough Around The Edges....... :D

Cheers Glen.

2 people like this.
  17. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^^^lol You are very bad, Glen.

The old me might have even looked better...but the new one feels better. :D

1 person likes this.
  18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i get it. i would be scared as hell if i realized i was in a committed relationship with someone who believed in ghosts...

19. zengizmo

So underwear, seems like that shit needs to get discussed, innit? Cuz however it may be that YOU would feel, we still don't know how JustMe's gf would feel...unless, of course, you are a mindreader. :)

Of course, maybe it is just all about you, dear. As usual. :)

20. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The girlfriend probably believes in ghosts and just played it off when she saw the boyfriend was getting frightened, lol

2 people like this.