things you thought you made up....

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by moonshyne, Dec 28, 2004.

1. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

have you ever had an idea or something that you thought was all your own, and then found out it was around way before you ever thought about it?

When I was 13, I used to be the queen of hairspray. One day on the way to the bus stop, it suddenly started POURING down rain (if you've ever lived in florida, you know how that shit is) and I got drenched in about 3 seconds. So, I freaked out and went home, and my hair had been turned into a helmet pretty much, because the rain had soaked my hairspray and it re-hardened. I had to ask my neighbor for a ride (my parents had already left for work) and on the way I was trying to fix my hair, and told her I was having a "bad hair day." She thought it was funny, and told my mother about it. Apparently neither of them had heard of it before, and I thought I was soooooo original.

Anyway, to make a long, boring story short, I found out like a year later that "bad hair day" was around WAY before my mother even thought about giving birth to me.

Okay, I'm bored....cut me some slack and reply. :p

2. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

The shoe phone. When i was little my dad would always use shoes when we played telephone and one day i saw a commerical for it and thought hey....that was my idea...kind of dorky huh?

3. juicy_redgirl

juicy_redgirl Daphney

I don't think I have any stories like this...maybe one will come to me though. :D

4. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I'm still the only person I know of that colors their shoes with sharpies :sunglasse

5. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

when i was younger i thought it would be cool to make platform shoes and put fish in the platform part of the shoe and make the platform all see thru...but then i either realized the fish would die or i realized that somone really did come up with this idea and the idea bailed.

6. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

oooh i totally had a few but i cant remember :D

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

not any more, i used to do that when i was in high school (and that was a few years ago)

8. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I once made a really big bolero.... it was out of terra cotta :p

9. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

i came up with the idea of animal-like things that could fight each other and were stored in little balls and released to fight. about 2 months later pokemon came out and it became a massive craze. it pissed me off so much, i was only 9

10. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You know who psychotic that sounds when you think about it... Animal-like things that could fight each other and were stored in little balls and released to fight.

11. hawc

hawc Member

People have done that at my school forever.

12. PeaceBabe

PeaceBabe Senior Member

when I was lil I used to mix my potatoes and corn...yum...I thought it was mine...