Things you always wear

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by rain_in_summer, May 14, 2004.

1. rain_in_summer

rain_in_summer Member

Are there any things you have ALWAYS on (except for at night or in the shower perhaps)? Things you feel strange without, that friends will notice at once when they're not there, that feel so familiar to you you have to touch the place where they are or have a look at them to check whether they're there?

For me that would be

- my glasses (blind without them, the first thing I do in the morning is to put them on and the last in the evening to put them off)
    - my watch ( don't need it that much on holidays or on the weekend, but at school I'm lost without it)

- my peace necklace (put it on together with my glasses (at the same time I mean))
    - my bracelet (in "nature colours" - green, yellow, brown, always wearing it, even in bed and in the water)

So what about you?

Just interested...

Rain
    :)

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I have this jelly bracelet that I found in my friend's car almost four years ago....he gave it to me and I put it on and haven't taken it off since. Not because of some great sentimental thing, but just because I haven't taken it off. I tried to take it off last week, but it shrank, I think, or my wrist got bigger, because it wouldn't come off. I'm not going to cut it, so I guess it will just stay there forever.

3. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

Ditto on the glasses,and I also wear three necklaces at all times. One is a medicine bag I have had for ages with small pictures of my kids and husband inside, one is a small peace medallion given to me years ago by a beloved friend,and the third is a large silver peace sign given to me by someone on this site. Oh, and my silver wedding ring.
    I also have a hemp choker with a silver butterfly on it made by and sent to me by someone here, but that one is not worn every day. The small peace sign I even sleep with, but the other two come off at bedtime and are hung on a hook by my desk.

4. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I always wear my mood ring on my left thumb...
    My two brown and forest green hemp necklaces that I made
    My butterfly necklace that my mom gave me forever ago..
    And my two anklets that I made...

I never leave home without any of these things or else I will feel naked...

5. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

it is rare youll see me without a pair of khakis on, or a rubber band on my wrist.

6. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

ohhhhh I forgot the toe rings....I never take those little bitches off..

I always have about a million rubber bands around my wrist when I get home from work...i have combined them into the biggest rubber band ball ever....yeah.

7. plainjanepatchwork

plainjanepatchwork Member

My big ol amber hemp necklace. I don't wear it to work but when I am home it instatly gets put on. Just touching it gives me a sense of security.

8. *Anne85*

*Anne85* Member

i always wear layers...at least two shirts, sometimes three or four...but never just one...i dont know why but i feel naked with just one shirt on

9. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Always wear,
    A pair of pearl earings and a pair of gold hoops
    A gold chain
    A saphire ring
    A bloody topaz ring
    A toe ring
    A gold ankle braclet

If just awake, have to have my glasses on but usually wear contacts once my eyes are open.. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

glasses or contacts

watch
    a bracelet, doesnt matter which one
    a pair of earrings either danglies or hoops
    and a necklace
    also underwear!

11. serra

serra tentacle girl

it changes from time to time but recently it's been this small choker on a silver chain. the pendant thing is about the size of a nickel with a small amber coloured stone in the middle. it's really cool and i only paid 99 cents for it at value village!

i used to wear a bunch of necklaces all the time but my bf likes to give me back massages in bed and always tries to take them off and never can do it so i've just started wearing less and less and now i always take them off at night. because who doesnt want a back massage! ;)

12. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

~underwear!
    ~a bra (but not to bed)
    ~my wedding band
    ~a pair of amethyst earrings (birthstone of both my boys ;))
    ~a scrunchie somewhere on my body...either on my wrist or in my hair

Other than that, it depends on what I'm doing. I do feel most comfy in a t-shirt and jeans with sandals, but I like to wear summery dresses too!

13. 0nomat0poeia

0nomat0poeia Member

~ ring (depends on my mood and on my other jewelry on that day what a ring it will be)
    ~ hemp necklace with a little glass dophin on it a friend i met via hipforums sent me last fall - it arrived on the very same day that was my first at university and i wear that necklace ever since, but not when i shower or go swimming
    ~ glasses (i'm blind without them)
    ~ underwear
    ~ a scrunchie in my hair or on my wrist (not in bed)
    ~sometimes earrings (dangly ones or silver hoops)
    ~ sometimes another necklace - hemp ones or others

14. minjeig

minjeig Member

gold necklace from my "uncle" david, one silver ring on my right hand, one gold ring on my left hand and a pair of garnet earrings. i feel completely naked without this stuff!

15. Ellis

Ellis Member

I got this nice little peace sign necklace around my neck. I only take it of to go to sleep. On my left wrist I've got a bracelet from some festival, I'm wearring it since october and it hasen't come off since. And some more little strings of stuff and bracelets around my right wrist.

[​IMG]

16. morningsong347

morningsong347 Member

Glasses or contacts

My bestfriend gave me a silver moon and star ring that is on my right hand middle finger always. Since the day I got it, I have never taken it off!
    She gave it to me in Boston 1994 @ the Orpheum Theater. It was a bday gift. We were there to see the Black Crowes (my fav band).

For work I wear a penny bracelet on my right wrist. Some guy made it in my dads shop years and years ago. I also wear a plain copper bracelet on my left wrist. I never went to the doctors for the pain in my wrist because I heard that copper works... and it does!

17. pink floyd

pink floyd carousing&ransacking

i always wear my puka shell choker and and one of these fat hemp necklace i made

i also always wear green and silver gagues in my ears (they're both double pierced),contacts, and a watch (can't live without my watch alarm, ima freak)

18. Pharoah

Pharoah Member

I have a metal hair clip I always have on it seems like. I've had it for years!

19. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Hemp jewlery..I cannot live w/ out it

20. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

ALways with the jewerly. Right now, 4 bracelets, one watch, 6 rings not counting the wedding and engagement rings, one necklace (a crystal,I like alot) and 5 earrings. It's my thing.