Things We Like and things to beware of

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Earthy Mama, Jan 3, 2005.

1. KyndMama07

KyndMama07 Member

^ Beautifully said

2. Mr.Gordon

Mr.Gordon Member

i'm gonna make a new thread about my case, check it out!

3. Crustie

Crustie Member

Oi

I don't know if you know the Crust hair style but for the people who don't.
    Everything is shaved except for the back where there are dreads. I have 6 dreads in the back but my hair is slowly thinning
    what should I do? Shave it of? But it's so cool
    I try to wash my hair at least ones every 2 weeks or so but since I live in a squat it's quite difficult to find a shower every freaking week...

4. Silver Shadow

Silver Shadow Member

Is is alopecia? you're a bit young to be thinning, especially at the back.

Maybe your diet is lacking some essential nutrients? Take a good multi vit and mineral every day if you can. I know from a course I did (Indian head massage) that massaging the scalp with neat lavender ess oil (just a bit on each finger tip) regularly can help boost the roots. Its worth trying. :)

5. Anastaulia

Anastaulia Member

~sigh~ beware of rubber bands. I've had my dreads ONE day, and saw so many anti-rubber band posts that I was like aha let's take 'em out, and it is hurting worse to take them out than it did to back-comb. No bands please and thanksss.

6. maereo

maereo Member

i got my rubberbands out today too.. 5 days after i got the dreads made. i discovered this forum way to late, so this was a recoveryday for me.. all the rubberbands out, and then i washed my hair trying to get some wax out. feel much better already.. 1-2 more washes like that and i think i get most of the wax out. more frizzes, less candles, good tradeoff!!!

7. egle

egle Member

I was 2 lazy and stoned to ruber band mine or lay them out,had a m8 pick a random spot ans start, and i waxed once and was 2 lazy to wax more, just played with them alot, and they are comin on ok naturaly. Tho my m8 used rubber bands and waxes alll the time and evaryone keeps saying hers are better and im not lookin after mine, haha now i relise the jokes on her, MUAHAHAHAH

8. egle

egle Member

nice,. good work

9. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

ive seen a lot of people recommend dr bronners peppermint soap...what about the eucalyptus soap?

10. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

i absolutely love the eucalyptus soap... and have had no problems with it :)

11. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

awesome. ive been using the dreadheadhq "dreadsoap" and im not...extremely happy with it...everyones been recommending Dr Bronners and eucalyptus is oh so lovely smelling!

12. egle

egle Member

i use nuthing, needa start

13. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

yeah it will work. i had five or six natural dreads one time on my shoulder length hair. but my mom found them so i had to comb them out. but yeah it should work. might take longer but it'll work

14. Burdiepie

Burdiepie Member

i havent had time to read all the other things people posted on here, but i discovered this today..
    instead of buying one of those things made for pulling loose hairs through your dreads, tweezers work just as well! hold them together and stick them through, then open them up on the other side, grab the hair with them and pull it on through. :)
    hope this helps someone, it sure works great for me!

15. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

beware of total neglect.

Your dreads will grow together...so remember to separate at the roots!

Dammit, you think I'd learn...

16. Saiyartan

Saiyartan Member

Hey guys, just joined the forum and thinking about starting dreads really really soon.. (Gonna be fun) I have a mohawk currently (58cm aprox) and don't want to cut my hair, So I was gonna dread my hawk with the help of some friends... I was gonna show a picture of what I was wanting but im not sure how to show the picture since the link doesn't take you to it directly. Anyway... If I were wanting to have quite alot (not sure how many) thin dreads how would I go about keeping them seperated if it isn't such a good idea to use rubber bands... and am I missing something here :S All I have to do to start the dreads is section the hair into as many dreads as I want in the hawk and back comb? leave for a certain amount of time and wash?

Another problem... alothough my mohawk is quite long, about 3 quarters of it have previously been bleached.. i'm not too sure if it'd be best to get rid of all the bleached hair and start the dreads with my lovely healthy hair :D and deal with it being shorter..

Ok thats me I think.

Thanks

17. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

oi i as well have a dreaddie hawk:):)

18. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

ill just randomly add that if you have rubber bands in your hair, you really dont need to be pulling them out if you have a tack store in your area. theres a tool used for taking braids out of horses mane that cuts the bands quickly and easily without cutting your hair, i could post a pic if anyones actually interested.

19. x_WaX_x

x_WaX_x Member

so no one answered..i've also been wondering the same thing..

so can ya?

20. x_WaX_x

x_WaX_x Member

oh and also i have a question about essential oils

you know the ones you burn? are they the same as say, oils you'd put in soaps and stuff? i think mostly my question is, can you put that stuff in your hair??