Things to help you live longer

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by FreshDacre, Aug 15, 2009.

1. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I have been very interested in this subject, so i feel like making a list so mabey people can feel better and live long.

-Acai
    -Goji berry
    -milk
    -blueberry
    -vegetables
    -Spirulina
    -Garlic
    -Olive oil
    -Coconut oil
    -Flax seed
    -Bee pollen
    -Water
    -Raw cacao
    -Black/red grapes
    Feel free to add more! :cheers2:

2. crystalr0w3

crystalr0w3 Member

common foods we can use to fight some disease

anti-cancer superfoods:

onions
    tomatoes
    cranberries
    green tea
    carrots

highest Vit. C sources:
    lemon
    pineapple
    mango
    apple

3. MaccaByrd

MaccaByrd Member

Where to begin! Most of nature's foods in their (as close as possible to) natural state have some benefits. That's not to say all, of course.

I also believe milk is not part of a healthy diet, rather the opposite. Most people I've spoken to have reported feeling heavy, clogged up, mucousy and some other unpleasant things after consuming milk. And can you think of anything less natural than drinking the milk of another species? We're the only animal that does this and does this past infanthood. And why cows? Why not another mammal?

I'm not a vegan, I hasten to add, though I am trying, but I certainly wouldn't put milk on my list were I to compose one! Just sayin'... :)

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Dmt..

5. Tsurugi_Oni

Tsurugi_Oni Member

Milk def. wouldn't be on my list either, unless you find a herd of willing mothers to put themselves on the open market. I hear horse's milk tastes like breastmilk though.....

Oil pulling, Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother), Kombucha, Rejuvelac, and Wheatgrass. A couple "essentials" if you frequent the alternative/hollistic health circles.

6. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

Honestly, Acai, Goji berries, raw cacao, I think are starting to become overrated. Blueberries are supposed to have the same antioxidant power as acai berries and they're cheaper. Not to mention, the raw, completely unprocessed foods would be better with everything.

Yes to wheatgrass!!!

But really, it's the simplest unprocessed foods that are the healthiest. Not the fad berry of the year.

7. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

then you would be insisting that eating meat that wasn't human would also be unnatural? ridiculous :rolleyes:

8. MaccaByrd

MaccaByrd Member

Damn right I insist that eating meat that isn't human is also unnatural.

That's not to say I think eating human meat is.

9. TheMagneticHeadache

TheMagneticHeadache Banned

Really? I love all of those things and never knew that.

10. babyjay

babyjay Senior Member

-drool-
    all these foods are so good!:)

11. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Goji berries are practically the most nutrient rich thing to consume. Acai berries are good too, i like this one personally because i love its flavor and love everything about it. Raw cacao is very good for you considering how its a main source of resveratrol, one of the most important things for living long.

12. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

:p

13. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Hemp seed.. its practically one of natures most perfect foods

14. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Yeah i eat that regularly, but isn't it just a really good source of protein?

15. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

it's also loaded with omega-3's

also i knew there was more.. but i couldnt remember it all.. googled this..
    http://www.perfectfood.ca/hempseednutrition.html

16. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Well i think that milk has more benefits than it does negative effects, the whole idea is that the more milk you drink, the stronger your bones will be and will have better bone structure, i can't think of anything else that gives you as much calcium and vitamin D, its like the perfect thing that we are meant to have to feed our bones.

17. MaccaByrd

MaccaByrd Member

Doctors are starting to change their tune of the last several decades "eat more meat, eat more dairy to be strong and healthy." But truthfully, drinking more milk can actually have the opposite effect of what you mentioned and lead to obesity and heart disease. Where do cows get the calcium and vitamins?

...Plants!

That's not to mention all the crap that usually goes into milk.

I don't need to argue this 'til the cows come home (so to speak!) as I'm sure you can be perfectly healthy in your lifestyle. All you have to do is look at the proven robust health of vegans and peoples of nations and communities that consume little to no dairy to see that it's certainly not responsible for adding to anyone's lifespan.

18. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

ok, this one is touchy. urine therapy. there, i said it. yeah, it is what you think it is too... DRINKING YOUR OWN PISS! (EWWWWWWWW!)

yes, there are those who claim, it is the best thing you can do to prolong your life and, i have the title to the golden gate bridge too. i'll sell it to you cheap (wink, wink.)

i just don't buy into ideal of piss drinking for health... it is just plain wacky!
    if anyone here is in into or, wants to try urine therapy, let us know if it works. no way am i going be the first try it out!

19. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

You kind of look a bit like me
    I hope you're not insulted:eek:

20. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

the only thing you can blame obesity on is laziness... not to mention fat free skim milk has no fat and less than a 100cals..

you veggies make me lol