Things that you believe exist, but there is no scientific proof for it

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bird_migration, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah I believe in a higher god, I'm just smart enough to ask him for nothing and expect nothing from him. As far as I know god I owe you nothing and you don't owe nothing to me.
    Odin on the hand, him and I are like this -crossed fingers-

2. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I kinda want to believe in ghosts, but my common sense just tells me no.

I will tell this story though. Jan 2 2006 I was living in a little shack on my parents property, and as I was reading a book I distinctively heard the door open and close and my dog stood up and started wagging his tail. I asked who was there and no one answered and I looked and no one was inside or outside. I freaked the fuck out and ran to my parents and slept on the couch.

The next day I got a call with the news my wife had died in Alaska in a freak fire. Right around the time that shit happened in that shack.

Creepy.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've had that sort of stuff happen, freaky stuff and then found out someone I knew had died right at that time. Once I was helping daddy move some stuff into a friends house and I stopped suddenly as something grabbed me but there was nothing and even still daddy noticed and said "what's wrong" I told him and he laughed "ghosts" he said. Later that day I found out my grandmother had died at that time I was grabbed. I'd like to think she was just saying hello or grabbed me for comfort or something to say she was okay.

4. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Women that men can understand.

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Love Ya Aerianne...[​IMG]...*no hetro*

Cheers Glen.

6. Lodog

Lodog ¿

lol

7. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Can you disprove something when the person who experienced it felt it was so real and/or assumed it was something it wasn't?

Like for ex - we get a lot of stories about fox attacks here in the uk, but those of us (myself included) who work very closely with foxes, handling them, treating them medically and rescuing/releasing them know that a fox would never attack a human. Most of the stories we read are unexpected attacks that are violent and with the purpose to kill/eat but a fox is a very gentle and shy creature that wouldn't attack unless seriously aggrivated before hand. But because of the stories people believe that foxes are dangerous, vicious and will attack for no reason - untrue and its likely a lot of the stories are cover ups for dog attacks, or for humans creating an aggrivated situation first.

What about a skeptic and a believer in ghosts/spirits, in the same house thats experiencing paranormal activity - the skeptic passes it off as other things whilst the other puts it down to spirits. If you can't physically prove that the noises were a tree branch against the window or the movements were the wind - then who is right? And which is fact, which is opinion?

I believe in ghosts and spirits.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

19 virgins...

[​IMG]

9. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

To Inca , a few people that have had a N.D.E. have gone to what they have thought of as hell , maby not the real hell . More a part of the astral created by thoes that believe in hell. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/hell2-t37080.0.html We create our reality , hear , and on the astral planes . You might want to go in to your subconscious beliefs and make some changes , so when you go out of body you can go to some better places . Another a.p. site http://obe4u.com/

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Other universes.

11. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Ok if we are going with other universes , then all of science is in question . The big bang theory , quantom phyics , string theory , dark energy and dark mater . The spot Dr Graffengerg found is real tho ( g spot )

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

That's not possible...

13. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Taking this thread in a slightly different direction and looking at the adds that are on this forum . Get laid tonight , face book of sex , social sex get laid tonight , or some thing close to that . i dought there is much scientific proof that logging on to these sites will lead to sex.

14. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

15. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

That is science, but I do not understand quantum physics enough to understand what is going on exactly.

16. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Quantum phyics is in that shadowy world of sub atomic particles . So small that its unlikely that any body will ever see them , so they can make up all kind of stuff. They smash atoms , then see what comes apart . Its entanglement that is strangest of all http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think the possibility of getting laid remains, until you click on the ad (open the box the cat is in).

18. Inca

Inca Member

I have been to places good and bad, not through NDE. In some NDE lack of oxygen to the brain can play a role.

19. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

To Inca I do understand the difference between a conscious o.b.e. and a n.d.e. On astral pulse we had a discussion on Dr. Sam Parna and his reserch on n.d.e.s . I have heard some doctors state that a n.d.e. is the brain cells dying . After many years of trying I have yet to have a conscious o.b.e. but I know many of my dreams are from being out of body . I did will my self to give my cell phone # to any one I might meet while out of body and I did get some out of state calls where no one spoke , so who knows .
    p.s. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/w...s/neardeath_study_dr_sam_parnia-t38747.0.html

20. acuarela

acuarela Member

Faeries
    God, it, the thing
    Fate
    Life outside of earth.
    That psychedelics can deliver a message and is not all silly nonsense in technicolor.
    The dream world.