Things that you believe exist, but there is no scientific proof for it

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bird_migration, Apr 16, 2013.

1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Seems legit.

2. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

On soul , astral body , ect. The basic idea is , while alive we each have 4 bodies , phyical , astral , energy , and higher self , or mental body .

3. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

A un-opened and drinkable can of watneys party seven

4. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I can write a story about how we have 6 bodies or whatever. And if enough people believe that story, it will be accepted as 'fact' by a huge following. Because once people think it might be true, their brains will easily accept if for true, because it plays on their 'feelings'.

5. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

6. Inca

Inca Member

I have astral travelled since a young child. It scared the hell out of me for years, and have gone to some places that I don't want to discuss. When travelling, there is no sense of time, time does not exist, very hard to explain.

It took me until 45 to subdue it and stop it happening as it starts. I don't like the sensation.

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Like I said before, I could write a story too. Anyone can make something like that up, although I do admit that many like to believe it's true and therefore accept it as truth.
    I had an out of body experience myself, but I see it as a trick of the mind more than anything else.

8. Inca

Inca Member

If you saw your OBE as a trick of the mind, you didn't experience a true OBE. You would definitely know it is not a mind trick in amy way, shape or form. It is very real.

9. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Are you sure that's not just vivid dreaming?

I ate some mushrooms the other night and astral traveled too.. but to me that was just my mind running free while I slept.

10. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I can write a story about how we have 6 bodies or whatever. And if enough people believe that story, it will be accepted as 'fact' by a huge following. Because once people think it might be true, their brains will easily accept if for true, because it plays on their 'feelings'.

We do have 7 chakras http://www.aznewage.com/chakras.htm
    Inca , you might want to join us on http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

common sense

12. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Oh it was very real at the time. I'd call it a metaphysical experience, since I was completely out of space and time. There was nothing and everything at once, the universe was and was not at once and I was and was not god. There was no deeper level of existance, this was at it's purest level. Still, in hindsight I think it was a trick of the mind, albeit a very intense, interesting and wonderful one.
    And no, this did not happen because of drugs.

13. Inca

Inca Member

No drugs involved, definitely NOT dreaming. There is a huge difference between dreaming and a genuine OBE. I am not asleep when it happens.

14. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Energy from crystals. Dunno what makes me feel that way, but I do. :)

15. Inca

Inca Member

That doesn't sound like an OBE to me at all - it sounds like exactly what you said, a mind thing.

16. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I have a friend who works with crystals and stones and even though there is no real evidence for it, it's still always a nice feeling to enter his house. Even I, being the sceptic, can feel the positive energy in his house.

17. Inca

Inca Member

Thank you. I may do at some stage but I prefer not to discuss it, or discuss what I have seen. It has taken many years for me to block it to stop it - almost all my life, and I don't want it starting up again now I have it under control.

18. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

What makes you think you know better than me what it was?
    You never felt what I felt, so just because I am not a believer you think my experiences are a mind thing and yours are true devine experiences?

19. Inca

Inca Member

This: >>>>There was nothing and everything at once, the universe was and was not at once and I was and was not god. There was no deeper level of existance, this was at it's purest level. <<<<

Specifically the God bit and the no deeper level - especially the no deeper level.

You also do not describe any sensations beforehand and you pass it off as mind. Trust me 100 percent you would definitely not be stating it is your mind. Never.

Yours was though by the sounds of it.

20. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

For the lack of a better description I wrote it down that way. As you probably know experiences like that can't really be described.
    And just because I think it's the mind playing tricks and you don't doesn't mean your truth is more truer than my truth. Everybody is different and thus perceives things different, even if they have the same experience it can be perceived and interpreted differently. Your 'knowing' is not absolute.

Plus sensations beforehand are completely irrelevant. Maybe it works for you, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the only way that works. It's the experience an sich that counts, not the things on the side.