Things that you believe exist, but there is no scientific proof for it

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bird_migration, Apr 16, 2013.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

good hipforums threads.

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

beauty

3. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

Yes, I'm big on instinct and intuition. I've been blessed with (and suffered from) an uncanny perceptiveness. It's helpful to others sometimes and to myself sometimes, but often can bring a muddiness into my own head. These supposed spirit guides come into my life to clean up, and give me added ability and confidence to use what I am given.

4. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I believe that the phase of the moon affects my dreams, because that's been my experience. There's no science that would explain it, and I'm a trained scientist.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

everything unseen, unknown, and unimagined. none of which, owing a damd thing, to anything anyone pretends to know about it.

any name, you or i or anyone puts to them, THAT part, is ourselves imagining. but that there ARE real things, that are beyond the scope of scientific inquiry, that what we see is not all we get, the observable diversity being the nature of existence, virtually guarantees SOME things, and i suspect unimaginably many, of that sort, do exist.

i do know something big friendly and invisible gives me great hugs when i'm alone out in the woods. and that something friendly, that walls and doors are no barrier to, that dispite this and being invisible, as real and percievable mass, from time to time, comes by and curls up next to me on my bed.

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Although there is absolutely no evidence to support my theory, I do believe that intelligence does exist somewhere in the universe.

Certainly there has never been a credible sighting on the plant Earth, however there is a slim chance of a discovery being made somewhere, at some time when we least expect it.

Maybe at Walmart over by the day old bread cart, that's why I always check it out.

7. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

Sasquatch/big foot

8. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

9. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Glen Glen

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The Netherlands

11. i_was_in_shroom_land

i_was_in_shroom_land Shroomier than you!

that the universe is a constant cycle, that soon(billions of years from now) the earth will get destroyed completey (somehow). and then its gonna start over.. (somehow).. and that its probably already happened before, infinite amounts of times!!

lol.

12. i_was_in_shroom_land

i_was_in_shroom_land Shroomier than you!

oh yeh.. and psychics would be cool.. just cant bring myself to believe that tho. lol

13. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Honest Politicians

14. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Two things that science has yet to be able to prove are ghosts and the astral body , we each have . A silly post made by me on a now closed forum on James Randi as a ghost and a you tube video of Robert Monroe from 1979 ( he died in 95) A British M.P. did appear in there astral body in the late 1800s in the house of commoms to cast his vote , while his body was sick in bed . http://www.stevepavlina.com/forums/...di-might-have-look-forward-when-he-ghost.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZHXtzuJ9c"]Robert Monroe explains his first OOBE. - YouTube

15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

That's not possible...

Oh! and I believe in dragons. Just not in our universe.:2thumbsup:

16. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

What makes you so sure we each have ghosts and an astral body?

17. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

What makes you so sure we each have ghosts and an astral body?

The major difference is a person that is asleep and in there astral body has a living body to return to , connected with what is known as a aka ( or silver ) cord . I dont think any one could provide 100% proof . As I remember the British M.P. was Mark MacDonald , it is on reccord , late 1800s .
    p.s.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_body http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_cord

18. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I happen to see someone sleeping from time to time and as far as I can see they are still in their 'living' body.

19. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Desert rat is right, or at least I agree, so that's what I believe...
    Etheric body, astral body , soul call it what you will.

20. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

During deep sleep , we all go out of body , bur dont remember , or only remember as a dream . I dont think most people could look at some sleeping and tell if they were out of body . Erin has some astral projection blogs on her site . http://www.erinpavlina.com/