Things that you believe exist, but there is no scientific proof for it

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bird_migration, Apr 16, 2013.

1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Besides god that is, because I do not want this thread to turn into a religious debate.

2. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Sentient life on other planets.

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Chupacabra

4. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Angels.

5. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Nice one. I do believe that too, although you could bring up mathematical probabilities as some sort of proof.

Not so sure about this one.

Pretty sure they don't exist.

6. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

That you have a soul. Kidding !

Aura, I believe in aura.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The fae...

8. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

You mean as in Lost Girl?
    Well there are actually people on HF who have been involved in vampire stuff. But its absolutely NOT the same as the tv shows.

I think a lot of it is about pos and negative energy. Some people seek to dominate, others are basically "gimps". And sexual energy is a big thing in its own right (as mainstream religions maintain too). If u treat the Fae as a metaphorical thing, well I suppose thats true. The question is whether there are angels, demons, succubi out there.

I always wonder, why are there soooooo many vampire type programmes on tv. Likewise with dragons. Hmm..

9. DrewSpeaksTrue

DrewSpeaksTrue Member

mer-people!

10. IamnotaMan

Weakly psychic people reckon I have a "weird" aura. I always wonder what they mean. I think its actually quite impervious to negative energy... like a shield..

11. Inca

Inca Member

Aura does exist imho as I see them.

Angels come in many forms, they are not people with wings.

Out of body experiences (non drug induced) also exist imho because I have had those.

Life after death - given we are energy/atoms and neither really die, it makes scientific sense that a part of us lives on.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

12. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

What does weakly psychic mean?

Hm....if it's a shield to negative energy, I say have "weird aura" all you want. I'm not exactly normal, and I'm thankful for that because it's screens out unwanted people from my life.

13. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

The thing with those kind of beliefs are that a million people can tell you that you don't have a faerie guide and you don't take their word for it and one person tells you that you do and then you believe them.

14. IamnotaMan

I mean people who think they have psychic abilities very rarely. And have more limited powers on a daily basis.

Yes, I don't get affected by other people. So I block them mentally, socially, or if some people want to say, in a psychic way. Other people seem to be dragged along with a group, or a custom or whatever. I've always been very independent.

15. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Can't argue with that, unless your guardian faerie orders you to do some bad shit.

16. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

I've been taught about spirit guides recently. It's thought that a few have been sent to my life to help with growth. Since then, I am more keen to notice it.

17. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

To me it seems the same as believing in a god; it's not real, but as long as it helps you and you take the positive things from it, it's tolerable.

18. IamnotaMan

Its an interesting topic. Sometimes I wonder whether angels (light AND dark) act thro people. Recently, I've wondered about light angels appearing thro people, or rather converting people to their way.

I think its also connected to our instincts on things. Nowadays, I listen to my instincts much more than in the past. In some ways, I think its infinitely more powerful than logic. Because our logical mind cannot see all the information.

19. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Logic has all answers, but we are just not smart enough to see them. Thus we create a 'shadowworld' with ghosts and angels and gods to explain certain things, like death, coincidence, behavior etc. etc. It also provides us with hope and gives 'meaning' to life.

20. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Samsquanch monster