Things that annoy you!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Candy Gal, May 29, 2020.

1. Grand prix

Grand prix Members

Funny thing about the mail man...if we are outside when the mail man shows up, Apollo runs over just to say hi. One of them will play with Apollo. This dog loves everyone. He runs up to people going for a walk just to say hi. The pet him and he comes back. He loves other dogs too. He has several dog friends in the neighborhood

Candy Gal likes this.
  2. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

People who ring up at meal times, people who ring up at stupid o'clock, to tell you something unimportant, people who ring up again trying to sell you something despite being told at least a hundred times never to ring you again. not being to remember something when someone asks you about it, then remembering it 5 minutes after that have left.
    Idiot drivers who open the rear door on the road side rather than the pavement side, then hold the traffic up as they reach across to the other side to get someting.
    People who constantly use words or phrases such as 'unprecedented' or 'the bigger picture', there are people who clearly have no idea what a word means, or access to a dictionary, e.g, we've had an unprecedented amount of rain this month! well since it is the middle of winter and pissing it down is perfectly normal, just how is it 'unprecedented'?
    People who text rather than ring when they know full well it needs a conversation not a text, e.g someone texts me to ask why their electric isn't working, I know the obvious answer is to text back saying 'because it isn't', but they actually want a solution.
    people who ring up to see how you are when you are ill and then spend the next half hour telling you how they are actually more ill than you.
    'buzzwords' I hate them, 'we need to find a window of opportunity to meet up for some face to face dialogue'. What the hell was wrong with, 'we need to meet up for a chat'
    people, usually youngsters who having been in the same job as you for a week, think they know more than you, despite the fact you've been doing the job for 30 years and have more qualifications than they've had hot dinners.

Candy Gal likes this.
  3. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Mine is a rescue, she was badly beaten so she is highly reactive, she loves the grandkids, but is unbelievably protective of them, she got hold of my lad one day after he got hold of his son (my grandson) for messing about, luckily she didn't do much damage, but she watches him like a hawk now when he comes down and if he goes near my gandson she growls at him.

Grand prix and Candy Gal like this.
  4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I am annoyed as I have a red nose from the sun and wind today. lol

5. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

You have a sunburn on your nose?

Candy Gal likes this.
  6. Candy Gal

Yes I do, don't laugh.

Grand prix and DrRainbow like this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

things that i perceive as being intended to annoy, generally do. these can include the human voice and car horns. (oddly enough, most sounds from actual industries, sounds made by machines being use to actually do things, don't bother me at all and i'd certainly rather listen to them, then an inconsiderate person's broadcast or recorded music. even cars and trains and truck and buses are less annoying then someone else's radio, tv, stereo, or the sound of their own voice. so to me, i think sound walls along freeways and railways, are exactly backwards, i want to hear those sounds of traffic, drowning out the sounds that really do annoy me, comming from someone else's "entertainment".)
    narcissists who believe the lie that they are expressing freedom by being aggressively inconsiderate which is actually the reason neither they nor the rest of us don't have the freedoms that we don't.

Bicaptain My Captain and Eric! like this.
  8. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Yeah, there's an idiot over the road from me who comes home in the early hours with loud music blaring from his car, he thinks its his right to play loud crappy music, one of these days he's gonna regret it when I decide to exercise my right to put my axe through his windscreen.

9. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just call the police and let THEM address it. If you put an axe through his windshield- he might have a gun...

10. Candy Gal

People that ask how you are, then go on and on about their problems!

11. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

No, he won't he's just an idiot, the police don't care, I've reported him for various offences, dangerous driving, dealing drugs etc, to be honest I've given up gathering the evidence for nothing to happen. he's just lucky I don't have the connections I had about 10 years ago, I'd have had him shot back then and not thought twice about it.

12. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Thats a good way of getting rid of those bloody idiots who ring you up trying to sell you stuff, my mate had one on the phone for over an hour one day, boy did they regret calling him! lol

13. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Damn:D

phil1965 likes this.
  14. Grand prix

Grand prix Members

Or when you ask someone how they are....and they tell you. They don't understand that its a rhetorical question.

15. Grand prix

Grand prix Members

Weather forecasts are no more accurate now than they were 40 years ago. The excuses why they were wrong have gotten better. That annoys me.

16. Candy Gal

I just sit down with a nice cuppa tea, after rushing around, and someone knocks on my door!!! Grrrrr
    I have to answer in case it is a delivery.

phil1965 and Grand prix like this.
  17. Candy Gal

People that get annoyed by people that get annoyed. lol

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  18. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Some people are just naturally annoying while others work at it -- even make annoyance a career. That annoys me.

Candy Gal likes this.
  19. Candy Gal

I think my twins like to annoy me.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  20. Eric50

Eric50 Members

Things that annoy me? Hmm. Good question. Let me think for a minuet...Oh! I got it!

When I get a bad case of the munchies and there are NO snacks to be seen
    When someone leaves the freezer door open and all of the ice cream/popsicles melt then refreeze after the door is shut
    When your favorite show is preempted or interrupted by a special news report that turns out to be noting of importance
    When someone plays with my action figures and then refers to them as dolls

Candy Gal likes this.