Things that annoy you!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Candy Gal, May 29, 2020.

1. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Spent the day looking for distilled water. Target, Safeway…zip. My philosophy is that if the American economy can produce Bud Light, they damn sure can produce distilled water. Taste is the same. It is not recommended that I use Bud Light in my CPAP machine tho.

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Last time I found it a Target it was in a spray bottle for ironing your clothes. Weird.

3. ~Zen~

Whining annoys me.

Eric! likes this.
  4. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Members

People responding to my question or comment by replying: 'Whatever.'

5. ~Zen~

That is TOTALLY annoying I agree.

A thing that bothers me is the statement:

MY BAD

It is not an apology. It is a nothing. If you know it's bad and you did it anyway what kind of idiot are you? Or are you just playing games? These are my thoughts when some young person proudly proclaims MY BAD.

6. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

A large balloon overhead.

~Zen~, Eric! and 6Sailor9 like this.
  7. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

ED389B83-AA4B-4543-9FB3-7C8243A83469.jpeg

~Zen~ and jimandjan like this.
  8. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I don't want the military to shoot it down, could be full of nerve gases or deadly chemical. But I would like an explanation!
    I don't believe it's a spy. We can spot dimples on a golf ball, from satellite, so they say.

~Zen~ likes this.
  9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Since we ditched satellite TV I have to watch the local and national news on the three main networks with my antenna.

Everyone on the national news has to laugh and giggle and each day we hear how the world is going to end because of the weather.
    Also too many commercials, about 35 per one sentence news item.

Where's Walter Cronkite when we need him?

~Zen~ and Eric! like this.
  10. Eric!

Speaking of tv, my freaking cable, internet, digital phone(which I don’t use AT ALL, but if I didn’t purchase it with the “bundle” it would cost me more to have just cable and internet) bill!
    I’m going to make it a point to shed what I don’t need. Not watching much anymore….

MeAgain and ~Zen~ like this.
  11. Eric!

MTG annoys the hell out of me!!!!!
    (Marjorie Taylor Green)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    scratcho, Twogigahz, MeAgain and 2 others like this.
  12. Eric!

When you’re online searching for places to go eat and when you click on “menu”, there’s a “picture” of a menu you can barely read, and looks even worse when you zoom in. Like this one, for example (you can read what the dish is, but what it consists of is in italics and quite unreadable):

D99BE58B-DAA4-427B-B8FC-B2F42DA1CD6D.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    ~Zen~ likes this.
  13. ~Zen~

I hear you on that @Eric!

There has been more than one time or two when dining out that I could not read their inscrutible 'carte du menu' and seeing the thing online with a cell phone can be very tedious.

No one wants to take the time to type it out for clarity.

I could see that for a menu that is new every day, but most places create a set of dishes they prepare and then do only those items forever, over and over again... There is no excitement in eating factory food... which is basically what is happening when dining out in a chain restaurant...

Talk about things that annoy you! Restaurants in general do that. From high prices, forced tipping, to rude waitstaff... it's challenging to eat out in the USA.

Eric! likes this.
  14. Eric!

More frustrating when they proclaim to be “high-end”, but give you “low-end” presentation. If food and service is crappy the first time I try it, I’m never coming back, regardless if they do make outstanding improvements later down the road. And it seems like the ones that suck end up sticking around the longest- I don’t get it (scratches head).

~Zen~ likes this.
  15. Wally Pitcher

Wally Pitcher Members

I live in a Home with Cat lovers on each site. In each case they're at least two cats. I personally like cats. Each neighbor "maintains" their respective yards like a battle scene in Ukraine. Needless this cats spend their waking hours in my yard, which I try to maintain. They use my vegetable garden as a toilet. They fight over territory in my back yard. They chase and catch birds for lunch. There is nothing that I can do, because insane animal lovers are more supportive of non native animal rights over personal property rights.

~Zen~, Eric! and granite45 like this.
  16. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Members

After watching the Super Bowl, I'm reminded of how annoying it is when players on the field are constantly looking to call penalties on the other team by yelling at & gesturing to the refs. :eek:

Annoying? I'll say it's annoying! Hey, guys! Let the refs call the penalties while you concentrate on playing the dang game!

After all, do you players want the refs to have the power of directing what plays you call? Do you want the on-field officials kicking field goals for you?

Stick to your own business!!!!

GRRRRRRRRR !!

~Zen~ and Eric! like this.
  17. Eric!

It was annoying to see, but also kind of funny to me. Reminded me of grade school and kids pointing the kid out that was talking out of turn :)

Calamity Jane likes this.
  18. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Funny, I just said the very same thing yesterday...

MeAgain likes this.
  19. Eric!

Grocery carts that have wheels that stick, wobble, loud squeaky noises. I literally will go through the carts and chose one that doesn’t do any of that. Certain things annoy me as I get older that really never bothered me before….

20. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Super Moderator Super Moderator

people who drive under the speed limit. It drives me crazy. some roads seem to take on a speed limit of their own even when the posted speed limit is over what most people seem to do. It's only 4 mph under but see - I'd be driving 5 mph over the speed limit. it's my pet peeve

Eric! likes this.