Things I'd like to point out to the democrats

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Moonjava, Sep 7, 2004.

1. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

nope i was wrong you are a fuckwit...but even so. i hope you are sorrowful because of all the death of innocent iraqis and civilians their to help...carry on about the evidence being wrong and lies being told... but could you put that to one side for a minute and explain what should have been done..instead. ???

I guess this is the point that you bring in Haliburton ... *sigh*.

I have no problem with Haliburton if they do the job help the people they can make as much money as they like... tyhey are not THE only company helping just one that gave campaign funds ... so what??? The problem could be with America plc taking the lion share of the contracts ...but again so what as long as the iraqi people benefit.

2. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

OK so i guess your saying we should have waited ..erm i think we waited long enough.

But your answer does not realy say what should have been done instead or what you personaly would have used as evidence for invading ??? its all very well disputing given evidence after the fact ... not once have i read anything by people that say presidents/primeministers were lying that states pre decleration of intent to invade , 'we should invade because ??...' .The only anti war sentiment that holds any water with me is that war is wrong all war is wrong ...wich i can understand. Its a bit hypocritical saying now you feel your being lied to ...

3. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

But your answer does not realy say what should have been done instead

I recall that at one point, the Administration took out aerial or satellite photos, showing buildings which they said were part of some colossal WMD program. The photo was take WHILE the inspectors were in-country and nearby, and the inspectors could have NAILED them. Unless it was all a lie, which, given Bush's track record, it was. The entire thing, we now know, was a collossal fabrication. It wouldn't be quite so profane if Cheney wasn't personally profiting from it all. Okay, have at it, I'm heading to bed...

On a final note, though, I was also extremely skeptical of the peace activists, and for a while caused a lot of trouble in here agitating in defense of Bush, I'm ashamed now to have fallen for it all...

4. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

well the haliburton connection was brought up i guess...shame that.

I am not realy defending bush in particular...i am defending choices and peoples hypocritical readjustments...you can change your mind make your 'defense' to suit your new morale superiority ..thats avoiding what i am asking .

why are you ashamed now ... because so many people have died ?? WE were not in and out within months ??? what i still can't quite see ??

Just saying we should have waited ...seems like no answer at all. You wanted a reason you were given one ... months and months later the terrorists that have joined a fight they have no business in and their reasons for killing that have no justifications seem to get little coverage...just the endless 'lies and more lies' comes out of people thoughts...

5. saffronfrancisburnet

saffronfrancisburnet Member

hi there
    well if america had not attacked. we or rather the western world would not have the oil they so need ,if usa uk left iraq to its own it will realize that they are the power they own the oil, therefor america realized how close this situation has come the east is not stupid its been around for a long time with the usa and uk fighting against other cultures,,,,and we employed such terrorist many years before we were even aware of the implications so the governments are saying..do understand this is not a new problem

the world for thousands of years has allowed the west to take from any country. im not saying the white man is to blame being white myself well half english half scottish .. its just the politics of human nature ..we have to put aside all the differences and allow our white western culture to bend for others, god has no colour but it has many followers that read a holy book way before the bible.

and thats the problem the old religions that came before christ..
    maybe its our own doing ..........work that out.
    thank you saff

6. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

Yet another example of how Kerry changes his mind to fit the time and manipulate it to his benifit. Kerry is opposed abortion himself, but he's not going to take the "choice" to have one away. Well then if we play it fair, let's say the same about guns. Kerry may no believe in owning a gun, but he shouldn't take away the choice to have one.
    Thanks for pointing this out, dude. I didn't know about this until now, and I am going to do some follow-up research. Peace!

7. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

YES!! People seem to forget these MAJOR details when discussing the war. The UN wanted to search Iraq for the weapons, Sadaam said, "no," the UN didn't care, and in the mean time Sadaam destroys or takes the weapons elsewhere. Then we invade and find nothing, and everyone's so mad. hmmmmmmm.... Yea, since we had no reason to think they were there, right? And since Sadaam was such a great leader who didn't torture his people, right? Some people are dangerously naive.

8. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

Actually, yes. All he had to do was let them search. How is that not a perfectly rational statement? So they WERE in the country (and I wouldn't be surprised if they still are somewhere). Doesn't it scare you to wonder whose hands they might be in now? It should.

9. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

Don't flatter yourself, no one is trying to impress you.

10. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

Absolutely, Hippie! I've enjoyed reading all of your posts. They are so full of truth. Yes, I DO want to know the answers. John Kerry and those who support him just want to ignore the situation, put Sadaam back into power, cross their fingers and hope it will all go away.

11. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Yeah, I hear Kerry talking about putting Saddam back in power...I think it's part of their platform...really :rolleyes:

Ya know, I don't support Bush or Kerry, and I enjoy the conservatives that are actually aware of the issues and are able to have intelligent conversation. This, though, is just infantile.

12. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

Ok, I cant stay silent on this one..WHAT IN THE HELL are you talking about? That's rediculous..and moreso idiotic to say that, that's not even RIGHT for you to judge something you know nothing about, just because we want another president other than bush gives you NO fuckin RIGHT to say shit like that., I take offense to that! That is a LIE!!! :mad:

13. SunLion

explain what should have been done..instead.

Precisely what had been done up to the point where Bush ordered the weapons inspectors out of Iraq. With the inspectors in-country, freely doing their job, with our planes covering every square mile of the country unchallenged, with Saddam unable to safely leave his bunker, and with Iraq surrounded and cornered and no threat to even their neighbors, at that point we had everything in control. Many in the Pentagon pointed out that few wars have ever ended with the victor's security so absolutely and completely satisfied.

I have no problem with Haliburton... s long as the iraqi people benefit

Yeah, screw America's dead soldiers, as long as Halliburton leeches make a blood buck, all is fine on the Republican side. Send someone else to fight your battles, just like Bush.

why are you ashamed now ... because so many people have died ??

I'm ashamed that I was foolish enough to believe the Bush administration when they so blatantly lied to us. I'm ashamed that America has become the sort of shithole that tolerates people like Bush- a nation where some people think he shouldn't have to prove anything, and that simply making shit up and saying it is, of itself, proof. A nation where smartass kids defend the act of sending other people to die so they can watch it on Fox TV and feel like some sort of badass for being white and Texan.

Just show me the WMDs. It's bizarre the hoops some people jump through to defend Bush/Halliburton.

guns.... owning a gun

Yawn. Yeah the gays want to take your gun and Bible.

Doesn't it scare you to wonder whose hands they might be in now? It should.

So now you're saying that there were WMDs, and that Bush's approach failed to recover them? "Good job." You should apologize, and Bush should stand trial for treason.

no one is trying to impress you.

Obviously you're not. If you wanted to impress anyone, or even convince us you even believe your own silly voice, you'd be in the military now instead of sitting back saying "go get 'em" as a thousand of our countrymen die in the war so you can get off watching it on television. Just like Bush, let someone ELSE go fight your war.

John Kerry and those who support him just want to ignore the situation, put Sadaam back into power

Chickenshit kids who let other people fight their wars- so CUTE!

Just show me the fucking WMDs, proof that they ever even existed (and once again, someone saying "we think they're up to something" doesn't cut it). Show us. It should be very simple, unless your hero lied. Which he did.

14. duckandmiss

duckandmiss Pastafarian

15. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Why is only HALIBURTON MENTIONED ALL THE TIME..when their are dozens of other companys helping with the re-construction ??? like i said a real problem could be that america plc has the lion share..so realy even if haliburton (it's devilishness i have yet to figure out ??) was not their america plc still gets the bucks through the other companys ... wich i don't realy have a problem with because its all helping .

Why are you blameing the so called stupidity of the american people for seemingly starting this war because they voted bush in ??? other nations came to the same conclusions .. so the world is made up of stupid people i guess.. realy i hate all the death and destruction that is occuring but your anger is pointed in the wrong direction...do yo wish that no americans died for non-americans ??? well lots of non americans died for no other reason than being in a couple of towers at the wrong time..

I think i share your disgust in people dieing ...but i also sadly see it was inevitable...when i have a clear idea what the insane terrrorists want and what can be done to make them happy or just leave innocent people alone then i may be less perplexed with the whole thing .. Just think how many lies and more lies saddam and the terrorists have told ...i want to start questioning their motives and reasons ...all this heartfelt but sometimes wild conspiritorial amercentric crap feeds directly into their twisted logic.

16. SunLion

Why is only HALIBURTON MENTIONED ALL THE TIME..

Because your boy Dick Cheney makes his living from that company- he's their CEO, though he's on a temporary leave of absence to serve as Vice President in Charge Of Wardrumming up tens of billions in new business.

your anger is pointed in the wrong direction

No, it's not. YOUR party armed bin-Laden and his mujahadeen, and yes, I spoke up then just like I'm doing now. YOUR party provided Saddam with intelligence on ways to exterminate large numbers of people, and I spoke up then, just like I'm doing now. YOUR party provided American intelligence to Ahmed Chalabi, Bush's personal friend who turned out to have been spying for Iran. Given the history of the Republican Party, I guess we can count on Allawi destroying American cities by 2035. Your heroes sure pick some winners, I'll give ya that much.

do yo wish that no americans died for non-americans ???

Mr. Bush was elected to serve America, not sixteen freaky sects of Iraqis that will be committing terrorist acts against us in 20 years.

lots of non americans died for no other reason than being in a couple of towers at the wrong time..

While your boy read My Pet Goat and waited for his handlers to tell him what to do. And later, your boy Bush did all he could to prevent, and later silence the commission that sought to get to the bottom of it. And you're defending the lousy, amoral, American-murdering son of a bitch, a pseudohuman who allows Halliburton and Enron execs to put their hands down the front of his pants?

Just think how many lies and more lies saddam and the terrorists have told

It's amusing to hear people speak of the Tur Ists as if they were monolithic. The sad thing is that Bush apparently really thinks that way- that there are "freedom lovers" and "Tur Ists" and that every human on earth falls into one category or the other. It's childish thinking, and humans literally hundreds of centuries ago wrote works that in comparison are absolutely brilliant, scientific, and logical.

I listened to a few seconds of Bush speaking today, and he was basically saying that the war in Iraq was necessary because we had to go there and fight the resistance to the occupation that arose after we went over there and occupied it. To a Republican mind, that's not even circular thinking, because the very concept evades the simple Get The Tur Ists thinking.

Someday this will all be looked back upon in the same way as some of us now see Germany in the 1930s. Unfortunately, a lot of good Americans are going to continue dying, thanks to your boy.

17. SunLion

No corporation has gained more from the invasion of Iraq than Halliburton. Since the war began, it has moved from No.19 on the U.S. Army's list of top contractors to No. 1. ... And that's merely the take so far...

...by any measure, Halliburton and KBR have done a horrible job of managing the occupation and the reconstruction. The company has been investigated and fined for wrongdoing, and few days go by without new evidence surfacing to suggest that Halliburton either is massively corrupt or massively inept--or, and this is the most likely explanation, a messy combination of the two. Things are so bad that Halliburton officials are now talking about spinning off KBR in order to try to salvage what is left of the parent corporation's reputation.

(from the latest The Nation)

The sort of CEO morality that throws out employees like yesterday's garbage also tosses out the lives of our soldiers as nothing more important.

"FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!" Gosh, what deep thinking...

18. turtlefriend

turtlefriend Member

No. We're just not idealistic enough enough to think the said country would be ok with us sticking around as an occupying force, or to believe that whoever wages this type of war would do so without lots and lots of corruption and death involved.

19. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

20. matthew

matthew Almost sexy