Things I'd like to point out to the democrats

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Moonjava, Sep 7, 2004.

1. HippieInMyHead

HippieInMyHead Member

You don't know that, and that's the point. No one knows.

It is undisputed that Iraq had WMD. I saw the news footage of the dead Kurds and dead Iranians. I want to know where those weapons went, before they show up on Main St., U.S. A.

You should too.

2. Jezmund

Jezmund Member

hey if you want answers youre not gonna get them from this administration. And you so American news footage of the dead kurds and iranians- dont forget that ugly little word called propaganda. so dont be so sure the Iraqis had weapons of mass destruction. its not a sure bet. maybe they did maybe they didnt.

I would have understood the need to go to war if the Iraqis had thrown the inspectors out like they did in the nineties. the inspectors were inspecting they should have been allowed to continue the inspections. Its as simple as that.

3. HippieInMyHead

HippieInMyHead Member

The news footage of the gassing of the Kurds was shown around the world, not just in America. I'm old enough to remember seeing it. What facts leave you in doubt as to whether Saddam had WMD?

Further, as I remember it, Saddam did nothing to make anyone believe he was clean. On the contrary, he vasilated like a guilty man, inspectors were welcome one day, not so the next day. An innocent man wouldn't have a problem proving it, given all of his opportunties.

Not only have we found no weapons, we've also found no explanantions of there whereabouts. I would think there would be records of their destruction. Wouldn't you?

4. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So all that will change with the Kerry administration?

I don't know. If he lies like Bush, we try and jail him for life next.

Seeing as we didn't find any WMD in Iraq...yet, I'm wondering where they went.

I don't see green dancing effervescent elephants, therefore they exist. Now show me where they went. Besides, this is yet another pure Republican tactic (like when that pedophile Dennis Hastert asserted that Soros is a drug dealer simply because there's no proof that he isn't).

He for sure had them

And we monitored their destruction, and those most involved in the process were the most confident that none remained. Bush was right to threaten Saddam with a big stick, Kerry was right to vote for him to have that stick, to ensure that the inspectors could get in-country and verify for certain.

If I'd destroyed them, I would have shown it.

They did. Bush just flat-out lied, and Dick Cheney personally makes money on this war. You're not outraged by this? Do your homework!

he is doing his best to protect this nation.

By killing a thousand American soldiers. Tens of thousands more to follow, probably.

Consider for a moment what we do know as fact.

Saddam at one time had WMD

Then he was disarmed. We have a hundred thousand troops there who cannot prove otherwise, even with Iraq's population overwhelmingly in complete and total support of the efforts, supposedly. If Iraq had much of anything, it would have been found. If he had enough to threaten in the way Bush claimed, WMDs would have been found in the first nine minutes of the war.

Saddam hates the U.S.

Yes. Much of the rest of the world now does also. Congratulations.

Saddam is crazy but not stupid

Yeah, he's so smart that he's sitting in a cage training cockroaches.

O.k. If I was Saddam and I wanted to hide my weapons from the U.S., where would I put them?

There aren't enough planes, trains, trucks, cars, and grocery carts in all of Iraq to carry the volume of materials Bush claimed he had- yellow cake, for instance, isn't something you can just load in a few thousand trucks and still have enough to do anything with.

Me, I'd put them all in containers

We had inspectors on every road, monitored everything by air, and could watch everything so closely by satellite that we have pics of Saddam's palace guards picking their noses on duty. BUSH LIED. Period. If this wasn't true, you would have proof by the thousands of TONS.

For all we know, the terrorist may have chemicals or even nukes already here in country.

I absolutely agree. And Bush's idiotic adventures in Iraq have siphoned about two hundred BILLION dollars that might have been used to assure us otherwise. Great. He's a moron, and a really sick and disturbing individual who, I really believe, will one day be tried in a court of law for his crimes against America.

I'm offended when someone assumes that I don't think for myself by inferring that my views are shaped by right-wing news

You should see the complete crap I used to post here- everything you've said and more. I fell for it, and I really truly believed that I was making up my own mind. I was fooled. I was probably the most irritating poster here back a few years ago (anyone, feel free to dredge up my embarrassing past!)

I pay attention to all of the news, NPR as well as Fox.

Then you know that Bush's ridiculous claims were flat-out lies. Lies that people are using to amass personal profane fortunes.

"If Saddam had WMDs wouldn't he use them when we were killing his sons or when he was hiding in fear of life?"

Heh, yeah really. Maybe he's actually God, working in mysterious ways, LOL.

Maybe they were hidden so deeply that they were not easily deployable.

Occam's razor. Bush lied. Or don't apply it, and you can assume alien space monkeys from the planet Org spirited them away.

Maybe they're already deployed here.

Yeah, maybe. So let's put the bastard on trial that let it happen, huh?

I want answers.

Me too, and a trial for the treasonous George W. Bush would be a good first step. Sorry if I sound so bitter, I am... like you said, we might one day learn that this whole war was Bush falling for a diversion tactic, a way of keeping us from using our resources in a useful way to protect ourselves. With recruiters calling my home, well, it's personal. Really damn personal.

5. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

In the current legislative session, while he runs for president, the ONLY vote Kerry made the deliberate effort to get back to D.C. to take part in was the one to amend a GUN BAN to a bill designed to protect lawful gun manufacturers from frivolous lawsuits when their guns function as designed but are used criminally.

The democrats poisoned the bill so that its sponsors could no longer support it. It would be like adding a protection for prayer in schools amendment to a bill that democrats wrote to protect the right to abortion. Would the democrats continue to support their own bill if that kind of thing got amended to it?!

The fact is, democrats play dirty. They cannot get the gun bans they masturbate to through congress, because enough people realize how wrong they are, so they have no problem attempting to bankrupt the gun industry (who do you think makes guns for the police and military to use to protect us?!) through lawsuits that lose over and over again. The democrats don't mind losing the suits, because the suits still cost the gun industry (which is not a moneybags industry) tens of millions of dollars to defend against.

Kerry has voted 51 times over 20 years in the Senate to ban guns, restrict them, license them, confiscate them -- to do away with our right to them altogether. For that reason alone, I will never vote for him. (Especially since the lying scumbag has the nerve to go on photo ops trying to portray himself as some sort of hunter/gun owner, and friend to hunters and gun owners. What a goddamned joke!)

-Jeffrey

6. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Your second paragraph states the major case for invasion.
    Hussein had defied the UN weapons inspectors who sought to determine definitively whether Iraq had the weapons that the UN forbade it to have.

The UN looked like a bunch of inept, impotent sissies because all Hussein had to do was say "No" to their inspections and they couldn't do a thing. They slinked away with their tails between their legs.

ALL Hussein had to do was let his country be PEACEFULLY INSPECTED. It could have been done at a leisurely pace, without any KILLING. But he refused. He DID behave like a guilty man. Since it would have been EASY to prove, peacefully, that he did not have WMD, the fact that he did not prove it to us gave a credible argument that he was guilty of having them. It's not like he hadn't had them -- and used them on his own people -- before.

-Jeffrey

7. SunLion

ALL Hussein had to do was let his country be PEACEFULLY INSPECTED.

Nice try. I can't think of an insult that's rude and insulting enough to applicable to someone of your lack of intelligence and morality, so I'll try to just state the fact: they WERE in the country, (insert extremely crude name here).

8. SunLion

Oh, and I'm not impressed with crying about how the gays want to ban god and your gun.

9. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

ALL Hussein had to do was let his country be PEACEFULLY INSPECTED.

:

I tend too think people that don't share my point of view have come to their own reasonable conclusions..with a bit of inteligence and/or soul searching..but every know and again i just think their are fuckwits that just spout crap out that has no rationale and are not realy willing to talk and unpick what they think and feel...you know just to see if they are wrong or possibly right. Unfair more than likely but hey i just say it as i see it.

:rolleyes: :(

10. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

what a crock of shit....

11. SunLion

Oh, and just for starters, show us the complete and detailed evidence for each of these statements... or go away. Or go over there, remember, even Jane Fonda wasn't afraid to go to Vietnam while not a regular member of any military. Go find those WMDs!!!! Just think what a hero you will be on Fox News!
    -----------------------------
    "Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons."
    United Nations Address
    September 12, 2002

"Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons."
    "We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have."
    Radio Address
    October 5, 2002

"The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons."
    "We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas."
    "We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We're concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVS for missions targeting the United States."
    "The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program. Saddam Hussein has held numerous meetings with Iraqi nuclear scientists, a group he calls his "nuclear mujahideen" - his nuclear holy warriors. Satellite photographs reveal that Iraq is rebuilding facilities at sites that have been part of its nuclear program in the past. Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons."
    Cincinnati, Ohio Speech
    October 7, 2002

"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent."
    State of the Union Address
    January 28, 2003

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised."
    Address to the Nation
    March 17, 2003

More to follow. Hundreds more. But first, show the complete and detailed evidence for the above, or admit Bush is flatly a damn liar who killed a thousand American kids and has Usama laughing his ass off.

12. SunLion

every know and again i just think their are fuckwits...

I'll check back for your evidence. Use another language if necessary.

13. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent."
    State of the Union Address
    January 28, 2003

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/01/20030128-23.html

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised."
    Address to the Nation
    March 17, 2003

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/03/20030317-7.html

The build-up to war: What they said

Intelligence leaves no doubt that Iraq continues to possess and conceal lethal weapons

George Bush, Us President 18 March, 2003

We are asked to accept Saddam decided to destroy those weapons. I say that such a claim is palpably absurd

Tony Blair, Prime Minister 18 March, 2003

Saddam's removal is necessary to eradicate the threat from his weapons of mass destruction

Jack Straw, Foreign Secretary 2 April, 2003

Before people crow about the absence of weapons of mass destruction, I suggest they wait a bit

Tony Blair 28 April, 2003

It is possible Iraqi leaders decided they would destroy them prior to the conflict

Donald Rumsfeld, US Defence Secretary 28 May, 2003

we can all look back in anger or disbelief...but if i was given a choice i would have chosen to go in...what would your choice been AND WHY ??... I was a bit miffed that you choose to pick over what was said because EVERYONE DOES THAT. It is easy (see above) we can all do that. your not a fuckwit (not too my knowledge) that was just rude of me sorry

that says nothing at all

Has bush killed millions of jews or ethnicaly cleansed his country ... has he written a diabolical book such as Mein Kempf

Hitler's fate, and the mass-murder he inspired, did not put an end to the malignant appeal of his book. There are plenty of people who know themselves to be failures and blame everyone for it except themselves. They too fantasize that they have enemies who can never be anything else because they belong to another race, and the only solution is to massacre the lot. [...] Muslims and Arabs live under absolute and despotic government which prevents them from enjoying anything like the freedom and prosperity that they see in the West and wish for themselves. On the whole they realize that they have long ago taken their history and destiny into their own hands, and so are responsible for themselves. But so dire are the injustices and the poverty, and so threatening is the tyranny over their heads, that many are lost in pity for themselves, and hatred of everyone else. A slew of racists, radicals, and Islamists share a frame of mind that the West is selfishly conspiring against them, with the Jews once again secretly in charge. Catering to such people since the early '60s, editions of Mein Kampf have been put out in Lebanon and Saudi Arabia, and it is reported to be a bestseller in the Palestinian Authority area. It is available in London stores selling Arabic books.

http://www.factsofisrael.com/blog/archives/000205.html

the comparison does not realy hold up..if it does i asked you too 'prove it' not read anything yet that ?????.

14. SunLion

I took a look at your first, ahem, "evidence." A quote from Bush saying so.

Sorry, but "cuz I said so" doesn't cut it in the adult world. EVIDENCE!!!!! Sheesh. Go back and start over, this time with EVIDENCE!!!!!!

15. SunLion

Has bush killed millions of jews

Almost certainly not. But we don't even know within TEN MILLION how many people will end up dying in the world war the no-good monster is thrusting upon the world. There are several hundred million people right here in this country that might end up dead from terrorist nukes due to the bastard's complete incompetence and lack of moral character. Just for starters...

16. SunLion

Oh yeah, and according to the House Speaker of the Republican Party, any assertion can be assumed to be true until proven false beyond any doubt (the Hastert-Soros thing), so by Republican standards of proof, yes, Bush has in fact exterminated hundreds of millions of people :)

Oh yeah, and Hastert, by the standards of proof he asserts for his party, rapes little boys too.

Republicans=Nazis
    lies--->war

17. SunLion

My father took a belt buckle off a dead Nazi he took out. The buckle said, in German, "God and Country."

These "God and Country" types in the USA don't impress me much.

You guys got the WMD evidence together yet? Once again, "But Bush says so" isn't evidence. C'mon now, this is like playing chess with my dog.

18. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I gave no evidence ...i was just re quoting what you posted and then adding it within the context within it was said...that is not all he said and what was said can and is mis interpreted re configured and just mis quoted....

If the evidence that was given still held up (in your eyes)...would you still think that this war was wrong because i am sure the same amount of people would be dead ... none of the repurcusions would be any diffrent. If you don't think we should have invaded ...again what do you think should have been done anything/nothing/what ????

19. SunLion

I know that this is the point where you guys try switching the topic to liberal homosexual atheist professors, BJ Clinton, guns, etc., so don't even try it. Let's see the evidence of WMDs.

Show me the evidence of WMDs and I personally promise to put you on every television and cable network in North America.

Or admit it, BUSH IS A LIAR. And he's killed a thousand of our kids. "Thanks for supporting him."

20. SunLion

If the evidence that was given still held up (in your eyes)...would you still think that this war was wrong

Once we have a president that doesn't lie to us every single day for hundreds and hundreds of days, we can at least find out what our real risks are, what are actual options are- THEN we can decide on the best actions. All we know now is that Bush is jerking us around and lying to us constantly, to the point that as a nation we can't even dare to have an opinion on any matter related to national security.

Is the Afghan War necessary? We have no way of even guessing, since we can't trust ANYTHING our Traitor in Chief says about ANYTHING. But I do believe him when he promises to "stay the course" no matter how catastrophic the results...

Sorry I'm screaming like this... ait's hard not to be SERIOUSLY angry, since my kids' lives are at stake, being draft age and all... a lot of military families have gotten a lot angrier, one father of a dead American soldier killed himself blowing up the Hummer they used to deliver the news...