Thienodiazepines and benzo analogs

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by Hallucinations, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Hallucinations

Hallucinations Member

The only benzodiazepine analog that I know of is etizolam (etilaam) which is a thienodiazepine. I was wondering if there are any others out there right now. I know etizolam is prescribed in europe but has not been approved in the US by the FDA, though I have read reports that it is more effective for stopping panic attacks than any other benzo partially because of it's even faster onset time than xanax. It also reportedly builds tolerance more slowly and has antidepressant properties, and it has been quite successful in Europe.

As this drug is structurally similar to xanax, people that like xanax or take xanax tend to like etizolam a lot, even more than xanax, but those who take or like klonopin better don't seem to like etizolam very much unless taken in combination with a little bit of klonopin. I was wondering what effects a thienodiazepine structurally similar to klonopin would be like, or is there one? Does anyone know of any thienodiazepines on the RC market right now besides etizolam? Or for that matter any RC benzos besides pyrazolam? It seems like there would be a good market for them but I don't hear of any, though I've been out of the loop for a while.

Thank you if you read my post and preemptive thanks to any useful replies or comments.

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I've grown quite fond of etizolam. it is extremely therapeutic. the only downside is sometimes i notice some depression the next day or even more rarely, during the peak.

3. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

the post use depression is common with benzos. i've also experienced the peak of this with alprazolam.

i've never taken etizolam, but don't really care to... but is the only thienodiazepine that i've read about.

4. Hallucinations

Hallucinations Member

supposedly etizolam is supposed to have some antidepressant properties too it. It also kicks in faster than even xanax and I know people who had been prescribed xanax and later klonopin because he sometimes has panic attacks and has generalized anxiety, and he said that the etizolam was more effective at stopping panic attacks than any of the benzos.

I have another friend who refuses to try it even though he regularly takes klonopin as prescibed, because according to him 3% of people who take it develop blepharospasms, a condition that makes it hard to open your eyelids and in extreme cases can make it so you can't open them at all and are essentially blind. Most cases of blepharospasms though are short lived and go away, and I'm guessing that 3% contains people that even just get droopy eyelids like if you smoke a lot of pot. Any comments on what I could say to this guy because I want my mom to try it because she's such a stress case as well as insomniac but she's always paranoid about side effects, and she's hyper sensitive to medication. Something will have a 1/10,000 chance of developing a deadly rash and she will.

Another good thing I think might be true to some degree is that etizolam tolerance doesn't seem to go up nearly as fast as with other benzos. My friend says he can still take the same amount he first took now and it's just as effective for him, and he's binged on it a few times, 12 mg in a day once and that's on top of his 80 mg methadone regiment they have him on ... kinda annoying when you're tryin to talk to someone and they fall asleep either while your in the middle of a sentence or while they are.

Anyway any comments on the blepharospasms side effect that supposedly affects 3% of users (it says occurs with long term use so is that 3% of daily long term use or 3% of all who try it even just once?), but I've heard it's been very successful in Europe and i haven't heard about any people goin blind cause they can't open their eyelids lol ...

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

You should let your friend know that blepharospasm is a possible side effect of ALL benzodiazepines. It is also a potential effect of benzo withdrawl. Literally every single benzo can cause it, so fearing etizolam because of this doesn't make sense, especially when he regularly takes klonopin. You can tell him my girlfriend has the bleph's from clonazepam :)

i was prescribed clonazepam and lorazepam for years and i find etizolam much better, and it indeed hits extremely fast which is amazing.

6. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

does etizolam make you fail a drug test for benzos? I have googled the shit out of this question and haven't been able to find any definitive answer such as "I took etizolam, and took a drug test and it was postive (or negative). I guess the only way to know for sure is to make sure no benzos are in my system, maybe take a drug test before to make sure there's no benzos in my system, and then one after taking etizolam and see if it shows up.

its just the 12 drugs home drug test that includes benzos is so expensive is all.

7. PillShark

PillShark Member

ive taken quite a few different benzodiazepines but never have i come across etizolam. Ive heard nothing but good things about it though. Does anybody know if there is discussion if having it available for prescription in the United States?

8. Hallucinations

Hallucinations Member

Etizolam is not prescribed in the US only in Europe.

Thanks for telling me that all benzos can cause blepharospasm Mr. Writer I didn't know that and he certainly didn't either.

Etizolam also doesn't fall under the analog law because benzos are schedule 4 and the law only applies to schedule 1 or 2 drugs.

I find that etizolam has great synergy with klonopin too.

9. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Yeah, add some mary jane and that is a killer combo :D